Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Are there any long shows or franchises that didn't become shit with time?

thespanishcel

thespanishcel

Overlord
★★★★★
The Simpsons, Family Guy, South Park, Modern Family, One Piece, Dragon Ball, etc. One of those shows that starts being so good but when the author runs out of ideas it starts to become a parody of itself and the quality drops. Sometimes the animation is also of worse quality despite episodes are more modern, for example the classic hand drawn Simpsons episodes have much more charm than modern Simpsons with their flawless, perfect "robotic" animation. Honestly and unironically the only long show I can think of that didn't become shit with time is My Little Pony Friendship is Magic (yes I was a bronycel), that show had good continuity, character development and kept adding new stuff so it didn't become bad. I like that they also had the dignity of giving it a proper ending instead of keeping releasing episodes, probably that's the main issue with other shows: The author wants to end them but studio says they have to produce more and more to make more cash.

Dragonball goes through phases of greatness and shit.

Red Ribbon Arc all the way through the Frieza arc - great
Android/Cell arc - okay
Buu arc - shit
GT - shit except for the Dragon Arc
Super - Frieza arc was shit. Tournament wss pkay. Most of the post-Tornament shit is pretty solid.

Dragonball goes through phases of greatness and shit.

Red Ribbon Arc all the way through the Frieza arc - great
Android/Cell arc - okay
Buu arc - shit
GT - shit except for the Dragon Arc
Super - Frieza arc was shit. Tournament wss pkay. Most of the post-Tornament shit is pretty solid.
Tbh I love the Buu arc. It's less serious than Cell arc (a bit like the original DB which had a lot of comedy), the new characters are better and it has more epic moments. I also like that it's more fantasy than sci fi and Buu as a villain makes more sense than Cell or the Androids. Are you telling me an old guy using human technology created androids stronger than Frieza, gimme a break kek. Meanwhile Buu is an ancient monster created with dark magic so it makes sense it's super strong.