Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

LifeFuel Are sports the best cope?

El Enemigo

El Enemigo

Overlord
★★★★★
This just crossed my mind so it's a half asked idea but hear me out.

I know many incels are already gymcelling but what if on top of that you started doing another solo sport that you could compete on, like climbing, boxing, swimming, running or maybe even a team focused one? These types of training would leave you tired enough to just sleep while your body feels good and you wouldn't feel like you're wasting hours and maybe even meet people?

What do you think? I was planning on getting into training a non combat sport since I need my neurons for stem, so something like swimming or climbing.

Good cope or not?

I know many incels are already gymcelling but what if on top of that you started doing another solo sport that you could compete on, like climbing, boxing, swimming, running or maybe even a team focused one? These types of training would leave you tired enough to just sleep while your body feels good and you wouldn't feel like you're wasting hours and maybe even meet people?

What do you think? I was planning on getting into training a non combat sport since I need my neurons for stem, so something like swimming or climbing.

Good cope or not?
i hated playing sport in HS, i tried to avoid playing sport as much as possible, i find sport to be bland, meaningless, and some schools will win every single time no matter what you do

Good cope or not?
Start boxing

i hated playing sport in HS, i tried to avoid playing sport as much as possible, i find sport to be bland, meaningless, and some schools will win every single time no matter what you do
:incel:
You find meaning in rotting all day?

I like running but I'm naturally inclined to avoid humans so I do it alone and that's how I like it.

I like running but I'm naturally inclined to avoid humans so I do it alone and that's how I like it.
Nothing wrong with not competing or doing it alone, it still holds my point that sports are a good cope

:incel:
You find meaning in rotting all day?
to me, learning stuff from wikipedia and youtube is more meaningul than playing sports, ofcourse i wasn't friends with the sports guys in highschool, you want a solo fun activity then get a treadmill and shoot at targets with a pelet gun inside a certain time

Of course, training for a sport is healthy cope.
Degenerate self destructive cope would be drugs, alcohol, gambling, or paying to see whores.

As for me, I am training for a 5k and on my way to lose 25+lbs. Everytime I feel like smoking or drinking, I think about my 5k goals. I pick up a 25lbs weightlifting plate everyday and feel how heavy it is. That is the amount of weight I will lose.

Last edited:
Yeah individual sports are a good cope. Maybe it's just me, but doing something physical is far more satisfying than boring studycelling or wagecucking, in terms of achievement you feel at the end. Like, if I were to graduate as valedictorian, I would feel like i wasted my time grinding out shitty hws and I wouldn't be too proud of the achievement. But if I competed in sports nationals i would feel very proud.

I think there is merit in creating something of your own though, speaking in terms of like academic or mental things. Just not doing tedious work for some gay cucked system.