Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Are b660 mobos good enough for a 12700k

starystulejarz

starystulejarz

30+ years old khfl slavcel neetcel (13yrs+) virgin
★★★★★
I plan to sell my ancient i7 7700k with mobo, cooler and delid tool to give me at least half of the funds enough to buy something newer to serve me better for emulation.

I've been eyeing I5 and i7 of 12nd intel series (especially ones with the AVX-512 instructions enabled) since they got significantly cheaper because morons are upgrading and selling them for cheap even tho they don't need 14th gen JFL.

Some foids are even selling new b660 mobos for cheap that's just been sitting there not touched for years.

I wonder if my PSU will be enough since i also have rx 5700 xt, old DDR4 3200mhz ram that i don't really want to replace, 3x ssd and multiple HDDs plugged in. I should probably throw that 320gb hdd away, get something bigger and also upgrade that small ssd that got put there only for windows because it gets filled with junk after a while.

Upgrading everything should cost about $368 i could earn at least $230 by selling my current cpu+mobo+old cooler+delid tool combo.

I have upgraded my rx 5700 xt by paying just $120 last year so PC gaming is damn cheap if you are buying stuff 2nd hand and want to gamble. Double the performance for just $258 :hax::bigbrain:

I could sell my old gtx 1060 and make it even cheaper - sub $200 for doubling my performance of a 7 year old rig, JFL pc hardware is so damn cheap, because you dumbasses can't stop consuming and upgrading every 2 years.

Last edited:
go with an AMD CPU

better gaming performance, less power consumption (less heat = good)

only reason to go intel is if you are using productivity stuff like doing rendering

go with an AMD CPU

better gaming performance, less power consumption (less heat = good)

only reason to go intel is if you are using productivity stuff like doing rendering
I won't since amd's price to power ratio is shit at the emulating, AM5 mobos are super expensive, it will cost a double of that CPU+mobo i mentioned of intel and not much of fps gain, and i would also need to get ddr5 rams 32gb of that shit. Shit is retarded, Mobos cost the double of B660 mobo (so like 150 usd) and ram costs $135 nobody can afford that.
Yeah it's comparing 2nd hand vs new but i don't care since cpus never break and amd offer there is really poor i can buy new mobo and it wouldn't make any difference, amd is significantly more expensive and it's a fact it may and probably will change in following years when AM5 hype will die out but right now it's crap with those jewish mobo+ram prices, amd cpus are affordable and have great prices but everything around them that are required to run it is too ovepriced at least by 40%.

Last edited:
I won't since amd's price to power ratio is shit at the emulating, AM5 mobos are super expensive, it will cost a double of that CPU+mobo i mentioned of intel and not much of fps gain, and i would also need to get ddr5 rams 32gb of that shit. Shit is retarded, Mobos cost the double of B660 mobo (so like 150 usd) and ram costs $135 nobody can afford that.
brutal intelpill

brutal intelpill
It's not like they are that bad due hardware (they still may have less of compability than intel) but bad because price ratio:

Even rpcs3 devs put i7 12700k higher than 7700x so it's beyond over for amd when much cheaper intel cpu can beat you. Few years ago it was a win for AMD now i don't see the point of buying any new CPU from both companies. Used goods are vastly superior :feelshaha:

b660 is an amd board, it wouldn't work with that cpu

I have B550 ASUS, Works good enough for my 12 core AMD CPU

It's not like they are that bad due hardware (they still may have less of compability than intel) but bad because price ratio:

View attachment 1195716

Even rpcs3 devs put i7 12700k higher than 7700x so it's beyond over for amd when much cheaper intel cpu can beat you. Few years ago it was a win for AMD now i don't see the point of buying any new CPU from both companies. Used goods are vastly superior :feelshaha:
7800X3D is the best gaming CPU available but keep coping

7800X3D is the best gaming CPU available but keep coping
Yeah but i'm doing budget gaming, not rich sandman with billions of usd to burn gaming, i pick always something with the best perf/price ration that's also why i'm at the 2nd hand rx 5700 xt since it was much cheaper than rtx 3060 and having same perf

The max i would buy is 7770x and performance boost from i7 12700k is almost zero

And 2nd hand 12700k that has AVX-512 can be bought much cheaper ($220), it runs at ddr4 so i won't need to spend even more money, mobo are also cheaper. Top of the list will be always irrelevant to me since i won't ever be able to afford them just like RTX 5090.

mobo are also cheaper
For anything above 12400f you would need motherboard with solid VRM zone and heatsinks on it.

Don't put this hot CPU in some cheap B660 board (i mean the worst among B660 mobos)

Last edited:
For anything above 12400f you would need motherboard with solid VRM zone and heatsinks on it.

Don't put this hot CPU in some cheap B660 board (i mean the worst among B660 mobos)
Are Gigabyte B660 GAMING X DDR4 good enough? I wonder if that mobo can enable AVX-512 or i will need to change bios to something else

I can buy 2nd hand ASUS PRIME B660 that still has warranty till 2027

Last edited:
Are Gigabyte B660 GAMING X DDR4 good enough?
Yes, this one and as well as: MSI Pro B660M-A.

if that mobo can enable AVX-512
To support AVX-512 you would need something like MSI Z690 PRO-A or other Z chipset nobos. And BTW, intel pushed motherboard producers to release BIOS updates to disable AVX-512 instruction set for 12th gen lol.

Last edited:
To support AVX-512 you would need something like MSI Z690 PRO-A or other Z chipset nobos. And BTW, intel pushed motherboard producers to release BIOS updates to disable AVX-512 instruction set for 12th gen lol.
Then i shall just downgrade my bios :dab: :bigbrain: