Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Venting AOM

E

Edmund_Kemper

Disregard my larping efforts. I can’t change it.
-
relying on the age of majority (AOM) for what is a child or adult is dumb.

its a logical fallacy called "appeal to false authority". the government and laws aren't experts on the issue nor do they know much about the biological stages of life and what is biologically a child, adolescent, adult etc. also, the age of majority varies by country. in some nations it's 21, in some it's 16, in a couple it's even 15. in some old societies you were considered a woman at 12 or a man at 13 or 14. just look at ancient Israel and Judaism. in some societies, you were considered an adult just by hitting puberty. so if i am 16, and i visit a country where the age of majority is 16 i am suddenly an adult but then where i go back to where it's 18 i magically went back to my childhood? wtf? also, although the age of majority is 18 in a majority of nations, that doesn't matter because this is, like i said, appeal to false authority and it's also a logical fallacy called appeal to common belief. the majority being 18 isn't proof it's 18 and you certainly can't cherry-pick which nation is right or wrong because it fits your personal definition of an adult. that's a no true scotsman fallacy. you aren't a child at 17 and then suddenly become adult at 18, nature doesn't work like that. there are stages in life, infancy childhood adolescence then adulthood.

so when do we become adults? some bluepilled cucks would prolly say 25 and that 18 year olds are children because "muh brain development". i'll get to that dumb argument in a second. i think we become adults when we finish puberty. the biological definition of an adult is much better than the legal definition because the legal definition is based merely on some arbitrary number and it varies by country and even time period. the biological definition is good because it relies on how humans function and is what we rely on when it comes to deciding what species you are or what race you are, etc. it's interesting that we classify people's race, species, etc based on their biology but we only classify people as adults based on arbitrary numbers chosen by the law or society.

the biological definition of a child is someone in the stage of life between birth/infancy and the beginning of puberty. In other words, this means someone who is prepubescent. An infant is a very young child. The definition varies a bit but experts define it as either below 1 year of age or below 2 years of age. A toddler is someone ages 12 to 36 months old. This means at age 3 they aren't a toddler anymore. Though definitions do vary for this to. but the word toddler comes from the word toddle, to walk unsteadily which is common among toddlers.

An adolescent is seen as a synonym for teenagers sometimes. And scholars don't have an unanimous agreement on what defines adolescence. Often it is defined as between ages 10 and 19, but now many experts say it's ages 10-24, so you aren't an adult until 25. This is an issue. I've seen the notion of adolescence get criticized by some people like Robert Epstein (NOT related to jeffrey). Ultimately, it is defined as the stage of life where you aren't a child anymore but you aren't yet an adult. That's also how puberty is ultimately defined, so I think a REAL adolescent would be simply someone who is pubescent. Girls tend to begin puberty at 10 or 11 and usually finish it at age 15-17 (usually 16) and boys begin puberty usually at 11 or 12 and finish it at ages 16-17 (usually 17).

An adult biologically is someone who is fully grown and reached sexual maturity, and puberty is when you start to reach sexual maturity and when your body changes into an adult. Therefore, if you finish puberty you are biologically an adult. I think childhood ends during the start of puberty and we become adults when we finish puberty. Some people can become adolescents at 8 or 9 or even 13 or 14.

Now here are common arguments people might use:

muh brain development. Robert Epstein wrote a book called The Case Against Adolescence. He argues that adolescence is a myth and is a new concept from the early 1900s, and that teen turmoil and immaturity isn't inherent in teenagers and that the underdeveloped teen brain isn't caused by biology and isn't what causes teen turmoil, but that teen turmoil and immaturity is what creates the teen brain. He argues that teenagers are immature because they are infantilized by society and we extend childhood to 18 (or even 21), way past the age people actually finish puberty. Older teens are biologically adults, that's why they like independence and try to do adult activities, because their brain tells them it's time to behave like adults. Research showed that infantilizing them causes psychopathology in teens and causes immaturity in them. In preindustrial societies, teen turmoil didn't exist. Robert wrote a lot about this. Also, saying muh brain development until 25 isn't a good argument because one study showed the brain isn't fully developed until our 30s and that we don't become adults until our 30s and according to this argument, 21-24 year olds aren't adults which they clearly are. Also, another study showed that women don't reach emotional maturity until 32 and men don't reach emotional maturity until 43. Once you finish puberty you are biologically an adult because puberty is ultimately defined as when you change from child to adult and when your body finishes puberty, ultimately it finished developing and growing.

but they are mentally still a child: i've already pointed out about how immaturity in them isn't inherent. also, there are 50 year olds who are mentally still children but biologically they are still adults. The biological definition of an adult has to do with finishing puberty and reaching sexual maturity, not your mature personality and attitude or brain development in the prefrontal cortex.

but many 17 year old guys can't grow full beards, there might be some who can't grow any facial hair.: most 16-17 year old guys can grow at least some facial hair. some can even grow a lot, you'd be surprised. just search 15 or 16 or 17 in the beards subreddit. also, @Bangkok or bust couldn't grow a single facial hair until 24 or something and he said his skeleton didn't finish forming until 22 or 23. but he started puberty at like 14 (really late!) and probably was finished at 21. but he was still adult at 21. there are guys at 21 or even 23 who can't grow much facial hair. they're still post-pubescent and thus adults. also, a lot of men will still have teenage voices in their 20s and their voices will get deeper in their 30s and they will grow thicker facial hair in their 30s but they're still adults in their 20s given that they're post-pubescent.

you're a pedo: not even an argument. just a moral fallacy ad hominem attack. doesn't debunk my arguments

some girls might finish puberty as early as 14 and some guys might finish it as early as 15 but if they started puberty early, but usually girls start it at 10 or 11 and finish it at 15-17 (usually 16) and usually boys start it at 11-12 and finish it at 16-17 (usually 17).

infancy: below 12 months
toddler: 12-36 months
childhood: ages 1 to 10 or 11 for girls and 1 to 11 or 12 for boys
adolescence: usually 10 or 11 to 15-17 for girls and 11 or 12 to 16 or 17 for boys
adulthood: 15-17 and older for girls, 16-17 and older for boys

remember there are outliers. some girls might start puberty at 8 or 9 or even younger or finish puberty at 14 and some guys can finish puberty at 15 or at 18.

@Mainländer @JosefMengelecel @Robtical @RREEEEEEEEE

Too long so I didn't read but I saw you say 17yro a lot so I would like to have a TLDR on this as this applies to me

He argues that teenagers are immature because they are infantilized by society and we extend childhood to 18 (or even 21), way past the age people actually finish puberty. Older teens are biologically adults, that's why they like independence and try to do adult activities, because their brain tells them it's time to behave like adults.
Agree. Think about the "CP" minors create when sending nudes.

What's dumb is that we can't even talk about these things without being labeled as pedophiles by normies.

The subject is totally off limits forever.

remember there are outliers. some girls might start puberty at 8 or 9 or even younger or finish puberty at 14 and some guys can finish puberty at 15 or at 18.
This is why having a set AoC makes no sense. They should go by if she hit puberty and wasn't forcibly raped.

I agree. You become sexually ready when you first start puberty. It is a biological fact. The brain development argument is extremely stupid because most people are capable of doing things at 14. There is also the muh power imbalance argument which is just as retarded since 14-15 yo foids technically have more power than me. The thing is that you can’t even try to dispute aoc with soyciety since they will just call you a pedo.

its a logical fallacy called "appeal to false authority". the government and laws aren't experts on the issue nor do they know much about the biological stages of life and what is biologically a child, adolescent, adult etc. also, the age of majority varies by country. in some nations it's 21, in some it's 16, in a couple it's even 15. in some old societies you were considered a woman at 12 or a man at 13 or 14. just look at ancient Israel and Judaism. in some societies, you were considered an adult just by hitting puberty. so if i am 16, and i visit a country where the age of majority is 16 i am suddenly an adult but then where i go back to where it's 18 i magically went back to my childhood? wtf? also, although the age of majority is 18 in a majority of nations, that doesn't matter because this is, like i said, appeal to false authority and it's also a logical fallacy called appeal to common belief. the majority being 18 isn't proof it's 18 and you certainly can't cherry-pick which nation is right or wrong because it fits your personal definition of an adult. that's a no true scotsman fallacy. you aren't a child at 17 and then suddenly become adult at 18, nature doesn't work like that. there are stages in life, infancy childhood adolescence then adulthood.
Many people are retarded, lazy legalists. They believe some random shit a politician wrote down is the absolute objective truth, even though it's utterly arbitrary and has changed hundreds of times through history.

so when do we become adults? some bluepilled cucks would prolly say 25 and that 18 year olds are children because "muh brain development". i'll get to that dumb argument in a second. i think we become adults when we finish puberty. the biological definition of an adult is much better than the legal definition because the legal definition is based merely on some arbitrary number and it varies by country and even time period. the biological definition is good because it relies on how humans function and is what we rely on when it comes to deciding what species you are or what race you are, etc. it's interesting that we classify people's race, species, etc based on their biology but we only classify people as adults based on arbitrary numbers chosen by the law or society.
High IQ. You are a prepubescent child until you start puberty. Then you are an adolescent during puberty and then you're an adult when you finish puberty. This is the only definition that's not arbitrary.

"But muh mental development" is extremely subjective, it varies wildly from person to person. Also, even if we assume people are not fully developed mentally until their mid 20s or whatever on average, they are already sexually developed since much earlier than that. Modern cucks and feminists think people should sleep around with people their age and "experiment" sexually and only settle much later. This system has proven beyond any shadow of a doubt not to work properly and generate tons of dysfunction through single motherhood, STDs, sky-high divorce rates, etc.

The correct system is: as soon as you become an adult, you should already have a lifelong partner provided to you.

"But teens are not in a mental position to choose their partners". Yeah, that's why the ideal is that adult men choose for them. Their fathers most commonly. Like it was in the past.

"But muh romance"= romantic love is not something solid to build a lifelong relationship upon.

Last edited:

the biological definition of a child is someone in the stage of life between birth/infancy and the beginning of puberty. In other words, this means someone who is prepubescent. An infant is a very young child. The definition varies a bit but experts define it as either below 1 year of age or below 2 years of age. A toddler is someone ages 12 to 36 months old. This means at age 3 they aren't a toddler anymore. Though definitions do vary for this to. but the word toddler comes from the word toddle, to walk unsteadily which is common among toddlers.

An adolescent is seen as a synonym for teenagers sometimes. And scholars don't have an unanimous agreement on what defines adolescence. Often it is defined as between ages 10 and 19, but now many experts say it's ages 10-24, so you aren't an adult until 25. This is an issue. I've seen the notion of adolescence get criticized by some people like Robert Epstein (NOT related to jeffrey). Ultimately, it is defined as the stage of life where you aren't a child anymore but you aren't yet an adult. That's also how puberty is ultimately defined, so I think a REAL adolescent would be simply someone who is pubescent. Girls tend to begin puberty at 10 or 11 and usually finish it at age 15-17 (usually 16) and boys begin puberty usually at 11 or 12 and finish it at ages 16-17 (usually 17).

An adult biologically is someone who is fully grown and reached sexual maturity, and puberty is when you start to reach sexual maturity and when your body changes into an adult. Therefore, if you finish puberty you are biologically an adult. I think childhood ends during the start of puberty and we become adults when we finish puberty. Some people can become adolescents at 8 or 9 or even 13 or 14.

Now here are common arguments people might use:

muh brain development. Robert Epstein wrote a book called The Case Against Adolescence. He argues that adolescence is a myth and is a new concept from the early 1900s, and that teen turmoil and immaturity isn't inherent in teenagers and that the underdeveloped teen brain isn't caused by biology and isn't what causes teen turmoil, but that teen turmoil and immaturity is what creates the teen brain. He argues that teenagers are immature because they are infantilized by society and we extend childhood to 18 (or even 21), way past the age people actually finish puberty. Older teens are biologically adults, that's why they like independence and try to do adult activities, because their brain tells them it's time to behave like adults. Research showed that infantilizing them causes psychopathology in teens and causes immaturity in them. In preindustrial societies, teen turmoil didn't exist. Robert wrote a lot about this. Also, saying muh brain development until 25 isn't a good argument because one study showed the brain isn't fully developed until our 30s and that we don't become adults until our 30s and according to this argument, 21-24 year olds aren't adults which they clearly are. Also, another study showed that women don't reach emotional maturity until 32 and men don't reach emotional maturity until 43. Once you finish puberty you are biologically an adult because puberty is ultimately defined as when you change from child to adult and when your body finishes puberty, ultimately it finished developing and growing.

but they are mentally still a child: i've already pointed out about how immaturity in them isn't inherent. also, there are 50 year olds who are mentally still children but biologically they are still adults. The biological definition of an adult has to do with finishing puberty and reaching sexual maturity, not your mature personality and attitude or brain development in the prefrontal cortex.

but many 17 year old guys can't grow full beards, there might be some who can't grow any facial hair.: most 16-17 year old guys can grow at least some facial hair. some can even grow a lot, you'd be surprised. just search 15 or 16 or 17 in the beards subreddit. also, @Bangkok or bust couldn't grow a single facial hair until 24 or something and he said his skeleton didn't finish forming until 22 or 23. but he started puberty at like 14 (really late!) and probably was finished at 21. but he was still adult at 21. there are guys at 21 or even 23 who can't grow much facial hair. they're still post-pubescent and thus adults. also, a lot of men will still have teenage voices in their 20s and their voices will get deeper in their 30s and they will grow thicker facial hair in their 30s but they're still adults in their 20s given that they're post-pubescent.

you're a pedo: not even an argument. just a moral fallacy ad hominem attack. doesn't debunk my arguments

some girls might finish puberty as early as 14 and some guys might finish it as early as 15 but if they started puberty early, but usually girls start it at 10 or 11 and finish it at 15-17 (usually 16) and usually boys start it at 11-12 and finish it at 16-17 (usually 17).

infancy: below 12 months
toddler: 12-36 months
childhood: ages 1 to 10 or 11 for girls and 1 to 11 or 12 for boys
adolescence: usually 10 or 11 to 15-17 for girls and 11 or 12 to 16 or 17 for boys
adulthood: 15-17 and older for girls, 16-17 and older for boys

@Mainländer @JosefMengelecel @Robtical @RREEEEEEEEE
Good thread, pretty much relates to how I view the whole mess, that moralists made.

Many people are retarded, lazy legalists. They believe some random shit a politician wrote down is the absolute objective truth, even though it's utterly arbitrary and has changed hundreds of times through history.

High IQ. You are a prepubescent child until you start puberty. Then you are an adolescent during puberty and then you're an adult when you finish puberty. This is the only definition that's not arbitrary.

"But muh mental development" is extremely subjective, it varies wildly from person to person. Also, even if we assume people are not fully developed mentally until their mid 20s or whatever on average, they are already sexually developed since much earlier than that. Modern cucks and feminists think people should sleep around with people their age and "experiment" sexually and only settle much later. This system has proven beyond any shadow of a doubt not to work properly and generate tons of dysfunction through single motherhood, STDs, sky-high divorce rates, etc.

The correct system is: as soon as you become an adult, you should already have a lifelong partner provided to you.

"But teens are not in a mental position to choose their partners". Yeah, that's why the ideal is that adult men choose for them. Their fathers most commonly. Like it was in the past.

"But muh romance"= romantic love is not something solid to build a lifelong relationship upon.
people rely on biology when deciding what species i am, what race i am, etc. but not whether i'm child or adult
I agree. You become sexually ready when you first start puberty. It is a biological fact. The brain development argument is extremely stupid because most people are capable of doing things at 14. There is also the muh power imbalance argument which is just as retarded since 14-15 yo foids technically have more power than me. The thing is that you can’t even try to dispute aoc with soyciety since they will just call you a pedo.
i'm 22 but most 17 year olds are more independent and mature than me. and i have autism
Too long so I didn't read but I saw you say 17yro a lot so I would like to have a TLDR on this as this applies to me
you're an adult when you finish puberty. 17 year olds finished puberty

i'm 22 but most 17 year olds are more independent and mature than me. and i have autism
I’m 17 but I am sure most 14 year olds are more independent. I’m nt tho

I’m 17 but I am sure most 14 year olds are more independent. I’m nt tho
being the opposite of independent at almost 23 years old is an incel trait

i remember in hs there was this 17 year old 12th grade man with a full beard and i'm like: how is that a child? JFL
I am 17 and I have a mustache

i remember in hs there was this 17 year old 12th grade man with a full beard and i'm like: how is that a child? JFL

There was an 18yo Indian in a night class I took at 27. Despite me being 9 years older than him, he look way older than me.

He had a full beard, stocky build (slightly fat), balding, nasolabial folds. I thought 30s when I first saw him.

And then there's me: no facial hair until 24, immature skeleton not fully formed until 23/24. I was still mistaken for teen at 27.

tfw you read 4 paragraphs justifying sex with minors

What's dumb is that we can't even talk about these things without being labeled as pedophiles by normies.

The subject is totally off limits forever.

nah its already being pressured by lgbt faggots for more acceptance

Damn @Personalityinkwell isn't here to give his input. :( But many agecucks and moralfags have been banned so they can't derail this thread with their faggotry. :feelskek::feelskek::feelskek:

In any case yes, the who Age of Maturity and Age of Consent is arbitrary nonsense. Sad thing is most normies just blindly believe anything the media and government says like they do with everything else. If you talk about this topic to anyone, you'll be labeled a pedophile and scorned by everyone around you.

So I just don't bother talking about this topic with people, since most people are mindless sheep with no abilities to think on their own. Really sad.

Damn @Personalityinkwell isn't here to give his input. :( But many agecucks and moralfags have been banned so they can't derail this thread with their faggotry. :feelskek::feelskek::feelskek:

In any case yes, the who Age of Maturity and Age of Consent is arbitrary nonsense. Sad thing is most normies just blindly believe anything the media and government says like they do with everything else. If you talk about this topic to anyone, you'll be labeled a pedophile and scorned by everyone around you.

So I just don't bother talking about this topic with people, since most people are mindless sheep with no abilities to think on their own. Really sad.
you could tell normies that we aren't adults until 50 and they'd automatically agree if this is the popular belief