Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious Anyone know about low income housing in the USA

NEETAndTidy

NEETAndTidy

STRIKE FIRST. STRIKE HARD. NO MERCY. COBRA KAIcel
-
My mother is driving be fucking insane lately more so than normal.

I know in the past my doctors have brought up low income housing to get me away from her.

But hows it work? Can my dog and cat come? Am I expected to clean the place? Can they just throw me out for smoking weed or whatever? Would public transportation assistance be a thing? Any gay rules I need to know about?
I dont know how taxes work or how to pay Bill's nobody ever taught me anything

Would it just be better to get a roommate or 2?

@Grotesque maybe you could help enlighten me

I think social housing is low quality accommodation for those who can't go anywhere else. I believe you may not be eligible because you are able to stay with your mother.
You will have to pay bills which will probably come out of a direct debit.
I don't think you have to pay taxes as you are on benefits.
It will be in a poor area in a minimal space house/flat.
I don't think they will help with public transport unless you qualify for physical disabilities or you have a job which requires it (unable to). So no.
I don't know about pets but I doubt there will be much room and it's up to the owner. They may have to stay behind.
You will obviously have to clean yourself as you don't have anyone living with you and you don't own the place, so you can't let someone else do it or neglect the property.
I don't know if you can have financially supporting roommates as it would infringe on the terms of social housing, as you are a "landlord", even if you are living there too.

Those are not ironclad facts but the general consensus of how it would be. Obviously I live in the UK and I'm no expert but it's a good foresight I think.

I think social housing is low quality accommodation for those who can't go anywhere else. I believe you may not be eligible because you are able to stay with your mother.
You will have to pay bills which will probably come out of a direct debit.
I don't think you have to pay taxes as you are on benefits.
It will be in a poor area in a minimal space house/flat.
I don't think they will help with public transport unless you qualify for physical disabilities or you have a job which requires it (unable to). So no.
I don't know about pets but I doubt there will be much room and it's up to the owner. They may have to stay behind.
You will obviously have to clean yourself as you don't have anyone living with you and you don't own the place, so you can't let someone else do it or neglect the property.
I don't know if you can have financially supporting roommates as it would infringe on the terms of social housing, as you are a "landlord", even if you are living there too.

Those are not ironclad facts but the general consensus of how it would be. Obviously I live in the UK and I'm no expert but it's a good foresight I think.
As for the roommate thing I meant just ditch the idea of public housing and get roommates.

But I know you're right on a couple things. But I'm not gonna clean. I'll pick up trash and throw it out but I'm not bothered to vacuum or anything unless its food that's gonna cause bugs

My mother is driving be fucking insane lately more so than normal.

I know in the past my doctors have brought up low income housing to get me away from her.

But hows it work? Can my dog and cat come? Am I expected to clean the place? Can they just throw me out for smoking weed or whatever? Would public transportation assistance be a thing? Any gay rules I need to know about?
I dont know how taxes work or how to pay Bill's nobody ever taught me anything

Would it just be better to get a roommate or 2?

@Grotesque maybe you could help enlighten me
If you have a care manager, they could help you out a lot.

Pets? Depends on the apartment. Mine has them available. Some don't.
Cleaning? Mine supposedly has "maid service" but I'm not expecting much there. For subsidized housing, I believe that statesmen will check to see if your living conditions are decent, so you can't be a total pig. No more cum shirts laying around the floor for me.
Drugs? Yes, they can boot you at any time. It depends on the place, but if you're going to be in subsidized housing with nosey old people and such, I would not risk any drugs.
Public transportation? Most have nearby buses and shit, but I've never really looked into this, so I don't know.
Bills? Most subsidized housing comes with the basic bills included in rent and you'd have to pay for internet and phone and shit.

The biggest pain in the ass with subsidized housing is waiting lists and the lengthy process to get in. Most places have lists that go on for YEARS. I was lucky that I only had to wait a few months and nobody wants to live in Buffalo.

For now, I'd suggest applying to every place you can. It's going to take a while. You don't have to jump immediately at anything.

If you want something a lot quicker, roommates would be the way to go. But you'll probably want to kill them as a fellow autist.

If you have a care manager, they could help you out a lot.

Pets? Depends on the apartment. Mine has them available. Some don't.
Cleaning? Mine supposedly has "maid service" but I'm not expecting much there. For subsidized housing, I believe that statesmen will check to see if your living conditions are decent, so you can't be a total pig. No more cum shirts laying around the floor for me.
Drugs? Yes, they can boot you at any time. It depends on the place, but if you're going to be in subsidized housing with nosey old people and such, I would not risk any drugs.
Public transportation? Most have nearby buses and shit, but I've never really looked into this, so I don't know.
Bills? Most subsidized housing comes with the basic bills included in rent and you'd have to pay for internet and phone and shit.

The biggest pain in the ass with subsidized housing is waiting lists and the lengthy process to get in. Most places have lists that go on for YEARS. I was lucky that I only had to wait a few months and nobody wants to live in Buffalo.

For now, I'd suggest applying to every place you can. It's going to take a while. You don't have to jump immediately at anything.

If you want something a lot quicker, roommates would be the way to go. But you'll probably want to kill them as a fellow autist.
Thank you that helps a lot actually