Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious Anyone here got help from SSRIs?

• Thread starter AutisticMonstrosity
  • Start date

Are you on an SSRI at the moment?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
AutisticMonstrosity

AutisticMonstrosity

34 y.o. KHHV dateless, 169 cm skincel autist NEET
★★
Do they decrease indolence?

When SSRIs start to work, they actually increase suicides, because the depression eases and one can achieve more. They lower libido also, which is good for us. I probably need an SSRI to commit suicide, because in my current state I can't achieve anything, even suicide.

Please comment, if you are taking SSRIs now.

EDIT: indolence is probably wrong word, but I did not find better in the dictionary.

Last edited:
I took them two years ago when I had 'problems' with social 'anxiety'. No noticeable difference until I realized having hope was only making me more miserable and it was time to accept I was the genetic garbage of society.. which actually turned out to be pretty healthy.

I mean habitual indisposition to action.

I took them a few years ago and went into full blown psychosis and had multiple therapists and psychiatrists recommend hospitalization. Fuck jew pills never touching that shit again.

I took them a few years ago and went into full blown psychosis and had multiple therapists and psychiatrists recommend hospitalization. Fuck jew pills never touching that shit again.

*minus Jew pill fed/schizotalk.

I took them and they made things worse. Going off them was hell.

Effexxor. Low dose.

Its a really old one, they rarely prescribe it, and it has side effects.

However, i went off it once, and noticed my serotonin PLUNGED big time

Went back on. It kinda mellows me out. Less intensity. Physically not so much mentally.

Do they decrease indolence?

When SSRIs start to work, they actually increase suicides, because the depression eases and one can achieve more. They lower libido also, which is good for us. I probably need an SSRI to commit suicide, because in my current state I can't achieve anything, even suicide.

Please comment, if you are taking SSRIs now.

EDIT: indolence is probably wrong word, but I did not find better in the dictionary.
Effexxor. Low dose.

Its a really old one, they rarely prescribe it, and it has side effects.

However, i went off it once, and noticed my serotonin PLUNGED big time

Went back on. It kinda mellows me out. Less intensity. Physically not so much mentally.
It's quite interesting how different people respond to various SSRIs/SNRIs.
I took Effexxor in the past, but it made things worse, I got more angry because of it.

Now I am prescribed Duloxetine and this seems to be the one which helps me to be more social and active and level-headed.

I did tbh It helped with my major depression disorder and anxiety, also this indolence you're talking about if I got it right, so worth trying

SSRIs are a scam and I'm not being hyperbolic. They induce dependency while introducing no measurable benefits. The APA admitted to not knowing how they work. It's well known among wellness experts that they're basically just placebos that make the problem worse.
thats bs

they don't usually work for minor and mild depression and not for everyone but there are quite a few studies that show actual improvement in patients with major depression and generalized anxiety disorder

SSRIs made me feel like I was taking small hits of acid 24/7. Not sustainable.

I probably need an SSRI to commit suicide, because in my current state I can't achieve anything, even suicide.

Thinking about the teenlovepill should help with that.

Yeah, i started taking Zoloft (sertraline) 10 days ago, up to now i haven't felt any difference in anything besides my libido going a little bit down (pretty neat tbh), but i read that the drug only starts to take effect after a couple of weeks, so i'm gonna see what will happen (probably, nothing).

Not really. Only thing that works for me is benzos.

If your depression is caused by being incel and having an objectively shitty life because of that, they won’t do anything. If you are legitimately mentally ill and have a neurochemical imbalance, they can work very well

yes and ım gonna not take them soon ,decreasing them

Also worth mentioning is the fact that SSRIs only inhibit the reuptake of serotonin whereas SNRIs inhibit the reuptake of both serotonin and norepinephrine.
SSRIs didn't help much in my case. Duloxetine, which is what I take now, is a SNRI btw.

Not really. Only thing that works for me is benzos.
They work indeed, but I am wary of the addictive potential. But it's way better than drinking alcohol to calm oneself.

Also worth mentioning is the fact that SSRIs only inhibit the reuptake of serotonin whereas SNRIs inhibit the reuptake of both serotonin and norepinephrine.
SSRIs didn't help much in my case. Duloxetine, which is what I take now, is a SNRI btw.

They work indeed, but I am wary of the addictive potential. But it's way better than drinking alcohol to calm oneself.
wait till you combine them :feelstastyman: pure euphoria

benzos are way effective and ssris ruin your libido way more with similar side effects

Nah, I have some Codeine at home in case I want to feel euphoric. :feelsokman:
i've had the codeine syrup pint from my doctor before, that felt GOOD

No. I do not want to decrease my libido, because masturbation is a good cope.

Only got negative effects from them, no decrease in depression or anxiety. When I was on them I got more tired and lazy, and it was harder to get boners. I'm still recovering from the bad side effects that haven't completely gone away even years after I stopped taking them.

Is it a good idea to start them?
Really want something to change

drugs are fucking gay just hallucinate from sleep deprivation instead.

SSRIs are babby's first antidepressant and they are shit

Side effects were too strong for me, I got a head splitting migraine and huge amounts of sweat

did tbh It helped with my major depression disorder and anxiety, also this indolence you're talking about if I got it right, so worth trying

Why you discontinued? What happened after you stopped? How long you took and what med?
SSRIs made me feel like I was taking small hits of acid 24/7. Not sustainable.

I don't understand what you are trying to say.
If your depression is caused by being incel and having an objectively shitty life because of that, they won’t do anything. If you are legitimately mentally ill and have a neurochemical imbalance, they can work very well

Yes, because I'm short, ugly, autistic incel I have depression. There are no cure for those. I disagree that they won't do anything. They clearly have an effect on brain, affect brain structure, bad effects on memory. I had excessive sweating and problems sleeping (even more than normally) when taking an SSRI.
yes and ım gonna not take them soon ,decreasing them

Why?
wait till you combine them :feelstastyman: pure euphoria

Combine what? It's not clear from the context.
SSRIs are babby's first antidepressant and they are shit

What is babby?
benzos are way effective and ssris ruin your libido way more with similar side effects

Why is ruining your libido a bad thing?
Now I am prescribed Duloxetine and this seems to be the one which helps me to be more social and active and level-headed.

I would like to try duloxetine. But probably can't get prescribed it. It is cheap also!

Last edited:
I have been taking Zoloft for about 2 years now and i can admit it does make me feel a little better about the inceldom situation.
I would recommend ngl

What dose you are taking?

There's no pills for your face... unless you take enough to close your eyes and never wake up to see your face again.

I've tried a bunch of SSRIs (mostly escitalopram) a few years ago, but there was no difference at all.

There's no ssri's for your face.

Never went to a therapist, never put jew pills into my body

Last edited:
I just want to summon the final energy to do what I have to do.

Why you discontinued? What happened after you stopped? How long you took and what med?
I'm still taking it actually

my doctor recommend me to stick with it at least for 1 to 2 years and see how things go. I'd say it's miraculous but it changed my life for better

I'd probably be in a grave by now if I didn't tried treating myself. Ofc, there are quite a lot of different drugs out there and it really depends on the person but it's worth trying and seeing if it can improve your life.

There was a time when I took Lexapro.
never again with the jewpills tho

I'm still taking it actually

my doctor recommend me to stick with it at least for 1 to 2 years and see how things go. I'd say it's miraculous but it changed my life for better

I'd probably be in a grave by now if I didn't tried treating myself. Ofc, there are quite a lot of different drugs out there and it really depends on the person but it's worth trying and seeing if it can improve your life.

What SSRI?

I took Paxil for half a year and later Zoloft for a year or something

The only thing I noticed was that everything seemed way funnier, I'd giggle at every shitty joke, my own problems, people dying, etc. No motivation boosts, though

Withdrawal was pretty bad, too

Tbh the way I understand SSRI's work is they keep serotonin around for longer, so if something makes you happy, you stay that way for longer. But if nothing makes you happy, they won't help. Everything else like improved motivation is not directly caused by SSRI's but rather from improvements to your mental well-being, since you don't feel so shitty all the time anymore

If you need an energy boost start doing cold showers or lifting weights, it's much more effective than jew pills