Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

SuicideFuel Anyone else struggle with barbell squat?

cripplecel

cripplecel

Luminary
★★★★★
I tried for 1.5yrs to do it but I could never get to enough depth for powerlifting. Even with safety bar I couldn’t get proper depth. The best I can do is above parallel but if I go past that point I start leaning forward too much because my hips got shit range & it feels AWFUL.

I also got hip injury from barbell squatting in 2022. I wish I never bothered so I could have avoided wasting time & money. If I had just given up on barbell squatting and did some other shit I wouldn’t have quit last year and would have been less depressed compared to focusing on trying to get strength in the lift but getting depressed because I physically cant do it.

Brutal incel genes pill.

I’m going to get a belt squat machine so I can do a squat variation that actually works for me. I used this machine in the powerlifting gym I went to & I could progress with no hip issues.

1. Master hip mobility and ankle mobility.

2. Do hip thrusts and glute kickbacks to cover for injury.
3. Use Marrs bar

or v-squat machine or hack squat to develop depth.

I had this exact issue with leaning forward too much.

I've found that pointing my toes outward helps me squat better.
But I've heard it's bad for your knees long-term so idk.

I had this exact issue with leaning forward too much.

I've found that pointing my toes outward helps me squat deeper.
But I've heard it's bad for your knees long-term so idk.
I naturally want to go to a wide, toe out stance. It’s ideal stance for me but I can’t hit depth with that even.

I don’t think it’s bad for you, the stance just depends on hip genetics.

I recommend you cease barbell squatting. It burdens your spine for no extra gain. Use the squat belt and a backbag if you like. You can get a lumbar hernia with the barbell. Also look into Doug Brignole.

If you need more bodybuilding advice, then PM me.

back squat is the best exercise by far for athletes.

but not doing it full range is pointless. ever see the chicken legs on powerlifters vs olympic weightlifters?

I got weightlifting shoes to help me squat to depth