Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion Anyone else love religion

carticel

carticel

Meeting someone at a charity do!
-
I don't mean following a religion, but just reading about and learning about religion, the lore, the myths, the philosophies. Theology is fascinating ngl.

I don't mean I like religion; I like learning about it. It's really interesting to see how they justify their beliefs and their tales.

My favorite religion to read about is Christianity, guess it's because my interest started in 8th grade when I read the Divine Comedy.

Last edited:
I love the rope :feelsrope::feelsrope::feelsrope:

Nope, I hate it. Try being a member of a strict Christian cult.

Yes, its very fascinating how these groups function and the traditions they hold so close.

I want to go back to a time religion was based OwO

If we could go back to the good old days when females would be beaten in Raid: Shadow Legends for engaging in licentious and adulterous behavior, that'd be great pewpew.

For me, its a major turn off when Im reading a serious/academic book and the author starts off thanking God. It really ruins the mood for me.

I don't it but I do find it interesting.

Not really. Islam is pretty cool in that way because it reminds me of the movie Syriana with the beautiful desert landscapes and high stakes geopolitical influence and what not. But minus the aesthetic it's just like any other religion- a rulebook for long dead people. Not exactly my idea of interesting.

Its interesting learning about that because you can understand a lot of things in this world

I like reading it too, whether I believe it's real or not is unimportant. The best way to read is with an open mind, not going 'ha! How can that happen or is even possible!' at every line.
Its interesting learning about that because you can understand a lot of things in this world

Only found interesting Greek mythology

It's a way of coping.

Do I love religion? For the rules and dogma, no. For differences in what they practice or how express their faith, hell no.

For the philosophic ideas, yes. For the mythos and deep cosmic symbolism, yes. For the hidden layers of meaning, yes. For the anthropological value, yes. For the red questions in your signature, yes.

It seems to be more of a mental interest for me than anything. You name the religion and I've read up and researched it for one reason or another.

I grew up Roman Catholic, and while I appreciate much of the philosophy and tradition, I too am experiencing a total hang up when it comes to practice. While I think there is a level of psychological value that being part of a traditional religion can provide, I can't bring myself to take part in the modern church. It disgusts me. The RCC today is an abject disgrace and a complete embarrassment on virtually every level.

It’s sometimes interesting to read about until you start thinking heavily about living for an eternity and how scary that sounds

The Copts forbid eating meat for 2/3 of the year, that's pretty bad too.
Fuck that shit ngl! Religions were a good tool to control foid but now they're useless as fuck. In fact, they're now a nuisance

Jainism is the only peaceful religion out there with no more than 5 million members