Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Venting Anyone else lost in time?

L

Lebensmüder

Soon to be deleted account
★★★
Everything I know is from old books/magazines, I am not up to date when it comes to things. In most cases (like politics/etc.) I don't care if I am up to date anymore, I watch no TV and read no newspapers.

I do nothing anymore. In the last half of a decade I didn't change one thing about myself/my views and didn't find anything new (or bother with finding something new); as a teenager I read much and built myself an opinion about almost everything, now I don't do that anymore, I still have certain views, but I don't read anything new about them or seek to expand/change them, I also don't care anymore about them on a deep level or try to defend them with facts or something else, my discussions about them are most of the time ironic and not serious.

I am also not a reader in general, the only thing I ever consumed/read were some magazines/books about fish/other animals (most of the knowledge there is anachronistic anyways nowadays) and I hate the fact that I am nowadays so impatient, weak in will/discipline and burnt out, I just wish I could have longer lasting discipline/interest in something, but that isn't possible anymore without an outside force (and even then my discipline becomes weaker and weaker). My knowledge is (if existent) anachronistic and doesn't reflect the current state of affairs - I also don't know how I will ever catch up or if I even have the interest in catching up.

I feel like a fossil that is lost in time. Want to go back a few years ago, back then everything seemed already intolerable, but it was objectively and subjectively far better than the grey nothingness nowadays. I also want to renew the suscriptions of my old magazines which I read, but I am too lazy to do so (the subjects are extremely interesting, but I cannot bother myself with the fact it has become a logistic hell to order them). Am existing in a bubble, a kind of time capsule. The world has moved along without me.

Everything I know is from old books/magazines, I am not up to date when it comes to things. In most cases (like politics/etc.) I don't care if I am up to date anymore, I watch no TV and read no newspapers.

I do nothing anymore. In the last half of a decade I didn't change one thing about myself/my views and didn't find anything new (or bother with finding something new); as a teenager I read much and built myself an opinion about almost everything, now I don't do that anymore, I still have certain views, but I don't read anything new about them or seek to expand/change them, I also don't care anymore about them on a deep level or try to defend them with facts or something else, my discussions about them are most of the time ironic and not serious.

I am also not a reader in general, the only thing I ever consumed/read were some magazines/books about fish/other animals (most of the knowledge there is anachronistic anyways nowadays) and I hate the fact that I am nowadays so impatient, weak in will/discipline and burnt out, I just wish I could have longer lasting discipline/interest in something, but that isn't possible anymore without an outside force (and even then my discipline becomes weaker and weaker). My knowledge is (if existent) anachronistic and doesn't reflect the current state of affairs - I also don't know how I will ever catch up or if I even have the interest in catching up.

I feel like a fossil that is lost in time. Want to go back a few years ago, back then everything seemed already intolerable, but it was objectively and subjectively far better than the grey nothingness nowadays. I also want to renew the suscriptions of my old magazines which I read, but I am too lazy to do so (the subjects are extremely interesting, but I cannot bother myself with the fact it has become a logistic hell to order them). Am existing in a bubble, a kind of time capsule. The world has moved along without me.

I get you brocel I feel similar. Just break out of matrix theory

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBov4t644JU

I still have certain views,

I also don't care anymore about them on a deep level or try to defend them with facts or something else, my discussions about them are most of the time ironic and not serious.
Jfl this. I feel strongly about nothing. I just prefer one over the over. My “beliefs” are not strongly held.

I get you brocel I feel similar. Just break out of matrix theory

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBov4t644JU

Thanks tbh. Unironically one of the most aesthetically pleasing videos out there in perfect combination with the music. Such aesthetics are rarely achieved in modern works that mostly do not dare to make experiments.
Jfl this. I feel strongly about nothing. I just prefer one over the over. My “beliefs” are not strongly held.
Brutal.

We all do want to go back to those better days my man, it was much much better

Same man. Lost in an eternal void.

I can't move on

We all do want to go back to those better days my man, it was much much better
Same man. Lost in an eternal void.
I can't move on
Yes, watching cartoon as a child, not worrying about anything, playing trading card games, etc. Back then when copes made fun. Nostalgia is a source of both pain and joy, almost everything feels bittersweet in retrospect just because these moments are not replicable under modern circumstances, because the capabilities of being impressed/fascinated by something decrease and many of the places where you collected these memories aren't existing anymore.

Not truly caring about anything and feeling detached from a lot of modern things, feels relatable, even though I don't want to be like a stereotypical boomer crying about a bygone age.

I don't have a personality. There are certain things I like to do (gaming, watching sports), but they are just filling time, there's nothing I really care about.

I am behind the social curve completely