Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

LifeFuel Anyone else just LOVE canned seafood?

SnakeCel

SnakeCel

Disciple Of Saint Hamudi
★★
Man canned seafood is so great. Canned sardines, canned anchovies, canned oysters, canned salmon, canned mussels, canned tuna, they're all great.

Of course there are SOME bad ones. Such as that shitty German brand that puts gross sauces in their halibut cans that you can never get rid of the smell if the sauce falls on something, and it just ruins the taste of the fish.

But outside of that it is delicious. Especially if the fish/shellfish is smoked beforehand. Super great tasting. The only thing you have to watch out for is high mercury levels but usually that isn't a problem if you only eat canned seafood once or a few times a week like me. It's lifefuel.

I love seafood in general

Canned food is full of heavy metals. I wouldn't eat that.

I love seafood in general
I agree. I just love the salty flavours. Seafood is great most of the time unless the cook shits it up with bad sauces and spices. I love raw seafood in sushi and salty seafood in brine sauces the most. Or prepared seafood like crab legs, lobster, or crab cakes.

Tuna is too expensive for me but I love sardines
Based. Sardines are better to eat by themselves than tuna anyways. Tuna is best wirh other ingredients.

Canned food is full of heavy metals. I wouldn't eat that.
It's not so bad if you only have it a few times a week. Can't be worse than smoking right?

I get a sense of visceral disgust whenever I smell canned seafood.

every sea or water food in general stinks

I get a sense of visceral disgust whenever I smell canned seafood.
It does have a stench (partially a good stench if you asked me) but if you don't eat it everyday you won't smell like it too much.

anchovies pizza mogs bigtime
Couldn't agree more. It's the best kind of pizza there is. I would say margherita pizza is second best though.

435636911 1457069065229710 9048378037020546828 n

This is the canned seafood I currently have

Never saw canned oysters or canned salmon in Germany

I just hate that they put cheap sunflower oil with the sardines mackerel herring sprats etc

I eat canned chicken.

Like Spam cans but its Sodium content is too high

Canned squid is my favorite!!!!

Canned squid is my favorite!!!!

I heard the tiny Spanish squids packed in the ink has an "umami" flavor that you either love or hate. I'm not too partial to squid in general, so I would probably dislike it.

Anchovies packed in olive oil are awesome, especially if I am high and have the munchies. Smoked fish like salmon is also great!

yes but mainly the ones in olive oil only rather than in a flavour or a sauce as I would rather combine my own flavours and the olive oil is good cause it's enough flavour on its own or neutral enough that it doesn't rule out a lot of combinations

I only buy wild caught mackerel and salmon options
The rest are rather poor nutritionally

I heard the tiny Spanish squids packed in the ink has an "umami" flavor that you either love or hate. I'm not too partial to squid in general, so I would probably dislike it.

Anchovies packed in olive oil are awesome, especially if I am high and have the munchies. Smoked fish like salmon is also great!
I used to buy various stuff like that by the case... Smoked oysters are another flavorite

Perhaps you might like Japanese dried squid? It's pretty good too its like squid jerky

It is not very good but I have been eating this kind of stuff a lot because it is a cheap way to get protein.

@Saysitsover canned vs noncanned crab?