Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Anyone else into Java?

IngsocSimp

IngsocSimp

Officer
★★
I've learned multiple programming languages and engines and, in my opinion, nothing beats plain old Java. It has so many libraries, it runs quick enough for most tasks, it's cross compatible, and easy to learn.

Languages like C and C++ are system-specific and low level and as such they alone are more trouble than they're worth oftentimes. Languages like python are slow and limited in their capabilities (no native graphics libraries for instance). Engines like godot don't have enough info available to be truly learnable and they are often buggy.

Java is free and lets you build applications or games from the ground up with ease. The only real competition I'd say would be Javascript/HTML in browners, but I still prefer Java.

No Java for your face

I've learned multiple programming languages and engines and, in my opinion, nothing beats plain old Java. It has so many libraries, it runs quick enough for most tasks, it's cross compatible, and easy to learn.

Languages like C and C++ are system-specific and low level and as such they alone are more trouble than they're worth oftentimes. Languages like python are slow and limited in their capabilities (no native graphics libraries for instance). Engines like godot don't have enough info available to be truly learnable and they are often buggy.

Java is free and lets you build applications or games from the ground up with ease. The only real competition I'd say would be Javascript/HTML in browners, but I still prefer Java.
I like C# better, it is essentially the same (kinda) as java, I would never use it for the frontend though

I like C# better, it is essentially the same (kinda) as java, I would never use it for the frontend though
I do think C#'s approach of compiling on the recipient system is superior to Java's JVM, but I despise Microsoft so I intend to stick with Java. Plus there's not much C# support on Linux which I use. Also from what I hear C# isn't as good about backwards compatibility or preserving older features.

Last edited:
Plus there's not much C# support on Linux which I use.
https://learn.microsoft.com/en-gb/dotnet/core/install/linux?WT.mc_id=dotnet-35129-website What?

I sandbox all my developer tools since most of them clutter your "~" directory, this also prevents spying with their shitlemetry
but I despise Microsoft so I intend to stick with Java.
Same, a lot of microsoft products suck. I like C# though
It kinda sucks how they have eaten up a lot of developer tooling/ software, i.e. C#, Typescript, VSCode (ew), Asure
I especially hate how they have introduced WSL, because it gives no reason for windows developers to switch to linux

C# mogs

Yea its way better than bedrock

C mogs when it comes to speed.

Depends on what you want to do though. Webdev C# absolutely mogs, when it comes to creating malware C# mogs, when it comes to windows api calls C# absolutely mogs. I literally don't see a single instance of java mogging unless you absolutely hate microsoft, which many people do. Ohh and when it comes to game dev C# mogs

I have done C programming the most

Depends on what you want to do though. Webdev C# absolutely mogs, when it comes to creating malware C# mogs, when it comes to windows api calls C# absolutely mogs. I literally don't see a single instance of java mogging unless you absolutely hate microsoft, which many people do. Ohh and when it comes to game dev C# mogs
Is there a reason C# is used and focused more in webdev and game dev or is it just that one day people decided they personally wanted to build everything up around it?