Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Anyone else completely unable to relate to modern mass culture?

Fontaine

Fontaine

Overlord
★★★★★
I'm completely unable to relate to the buzzwords of modern mass culture. When I read mainstream media, I'm asking myself wtf they're babbling about

Basically, I'm often completely unable to agree with, or even care about, any of these buzzwords: Donald Trump (mainstream media wastes so much ink on this guy... why??), politics, immigration, migrants, wealth redistribution, minimum wage, trade wars, social security, republican party, democratic party, sports, netflix, global warming... I don't even really care about space exploration and going to Mars.

To me, all of these are strange concerns... There are much more pressing issues and moral problems in the world right now.

I can't relate at all

dae infinity war?!?!

I relate perfectly with Japanese mass culture.

Happy

To me, all of these are strange concerns... There are much more pressing issues and moral problems in the world right now.

And that are? :feelsmega:

I am not saying the news media is doing a good job or that I am interested in it...

But then again I feel like they shallowly touch it at least, through its liberal lense though. Maybe sometimes resulting in a slight misfocus?

Now about the culture part...

Over for me.

Honestly I feel so alienated. What kind of perpective for normal human interaction do I have?

Last edited:
Yeah, it's all a load of shit. I hate this current generation. I hate how they act, talk, the music they listen to and the people they look up to. You do get the rare one who doesn't follow the current trends and is generally an outcast, but people like them seem to be more rare amongst this generation than they were amongst my generation.

T
I'm completely unable to relate to the buzzwords of modern mass culture. When I read mainstream media, I'm asking myself wtf they're babbling about

Basically, I'm often completely unable to agree with, or even care about, any of these buzzwords: Donald Trump (mainstream media wastes so much ink on this guy... why??), politics, immigration, migrants, wealth redistribution, minimum wage, trade wars, social security, republican party, democratic party, sports, netflix, global warming... I don't even really care about space exploration and going to Mars.

They all seem like "stories" that are a waste of time that the media writes to make money, not to mention some are completely Bs.
Yeah, it's all a load of shit. I hate this current generation. I hate how they act, talk, the music they listen to and the people they look up to. You do get the rare one who doesn't follow the current trends and is generally an outcast, but people like them seem to be more rare amongst this generation than they were amongst my generation.
That's exactly me, everyone thinks I'm weird because I listen to rock and electronic music instead of the crappy mainstream jungle beats everyone loves.

Modern culture is just bread and circuses distractions for NTs, decades of psychological research and social engineering have gone into it to make sure it placates the majority of the population, but if you're not NT enough it won't appeal to you.

He'll no I can't relate to it. I dont even use social media or any of that bullshit.

I have more in common with a cactus than a normie/foid.

That's exactly me, everyone thinks I'm weird because I listen to rock and electronic music instead of the crappy mainstream jungle beats everyone loves.
Yeah. I can't stand all this trap rap shit people listen to nowadays. I remember when I was a kid, there was rock/metal songs in the charts. I don't know why the popularity of rock music suddenly died out around the early 2010's.

Yeah. I can't stand all this trap rap shit people listen to nowadays. I remember when I was a kid, there was rock/metal songs in the charts. I don't know why the popularity of rock music suddenly died out around the early 2010's.
I don't know either why it died out so fast, but I still go back and listen to it. It seems like the music had more meaning back then, now it's all about sex, money, drugs and murder.

I don't know either why it died out so fast, but I still go back and listen to it. It seems like the music had more meaning back then, now it's all about sex, money, drugs and murder.
Popular music was never good. Good music exists now more than it ever has, and is easier to access.