Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious Any way to harden onself emotionally without becoming bitter or dead inside?

Gyros_Pretcel

Gyros_Pretcel

19th c. Church of Hamlossus high priest contender
★★★★★
I realized I need to overcome being easily triggered by the different typical kinds of ropefuels here and in my life.

I used to overplay my autism and disgust for the world with thugplay/misantrophy compensation in highschool. I was even kinda seen as normal for some time, I guess, but it had no prolonged positive psychological effect on me and made me emotionally dead and motivationless for that time.

You could say: "Just avoid those situations." "Don't read the stuff." "Don't go out." etc.. Doesn't work anymore my physical pain is to strong. If I am not able to change my situation, I'll have to committ suicide, but I don't want to die anymore after my last failed attempt tbh.

It's not about anxiety. No matter how much I expose myself, the feeling doesn't go away.

It's probably not the typical autism socializing terror as well. (Does this exist?)

It's more a deep feeling of melancholy, disgust, alienation and ̶f̶̶e̶̶a̶̶r̶ realization of missing out.

Is this maybe more a sign of depression?

Can anyone relate?

Last edited: