Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

SuicideFuel Any oldfags here remember the internet before normies over-ran it?

VirginAutistManlet

VirginAutistManlet

Mythic
★★★★★
Playing MMORPGs in the late 90s, early 2000s, the internet community was completely different. Nobody took it seriously, it was all a fucking joke to everyone, everyone shit on each other, called each other nigger faggot cunt, nobody cared, it was normal and acceptable. You could abuse people in your groups, in your gatherings, nobody cared, it was just part of being online in games. If you do this now you get DOX'd and fired from your job, and charged with some internet harassment crimes, and normies all use the internet as if its just an extension of their real life, and it's really fucking weird to me how seriously normies take this shit.

I saw some Youtube video of some normie visiting this place, and they'd freak the fuck out anytime the saw the word nigger or faggot, like seriously nigger? how the fuck long have you been on the internet? Just because someone says NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER FAGGOT FAGGOT FAGGOT it doesn't mean we hate niggers or faggots (ok some do, but 99% dont give a fuck), its just a fucking word people use to say a lot on the internet ironically because it was ironic to post stuff online that you can't say in real life, but now the internet has become real life, so you cant even do it online anymore without getting banned/suspended.

Go play an MMORPG now and try to say nigger or faggot in chat, you'll get a temp ban so fast. Meanwhile 15+ years ago you could say anything you wanted and nobody gave a fucking shit, because everyone knew it was just fucking people being ironic for the sake of being ironic because the internet was a fun anonymous thing to be on, and now its not, every NORMIE NIGGER with their HUGO EGOS just HAS to post their FACE and IDENTITY with all their comments, as IF ANYONE GIVE A FUCK WHO ARE YOU or HOW MUCH YOU HATE RACIST WORDS. PROTIP NORMIE INTERNET USERS, NOBODY GIVE A FUCK WHAT YOU THINK OR SAY.

Playing MMORPGs in the late 90s, early 2000s, the internet community was completely different. Nobody took it seriously, it was all a fucking joke to everyone, everyone shit on each other, called each other nigger faggot cunt, nobody cared, it was normal and acceptable. You could abuse people in your groups, in your gatherings, nobody cared, it was just part of being online in games. If you do this now you get DOX'd and fired from your job, and charged with some internet harassment crimes, and normies all use the internet as if its just an extension of their real life, and it's really fucking weird to me how seriously normies take this shit.

I saw some Youtube video of some normie visiting this place, and they'd freak the fuck out anytime the saw the word nigger or faggot, like seriously nigger? how the fuck long have you been on the internet? Just because someone says NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER FAGGOT FAGGOT FAGGOT it doesn't mean we hate niggers or faggots (ok some do, but 99% dont give a fuck), its just a fucking word people use to say a lot on the internet ironically because it was ironic to post stuff online that you can't say in real life, but now the internet has become real life, so you cant even do it online anymore without getting banned/suspended.

Go play an MMORPG now and try to say nigger or faggot in chat, you'll get a temp ban so fast. Meanwhile 15+ years ago you could say anything you wanted and nobody gave a fucking shit, because everyone knew it was just fucking people being ironic for the sake of being ironic because the internet was a fun anonymous thing to be on, and now its not, every NORMIE NIGGER with their HUGO EGOS just HAS to post their FACE and IDENTITY with all their comments, as IF ANYONE GIVE A FUCK WHO ARE YOU.
The golden era.
Oh boy...
When the Internet was still the Wild West.
I fucking miss it.

The golden era.
Oh boy...
When the Internet was still the Wild West.
I fucking miss it.

What happened man?

It was like being on 4chan of everywhere you went. It was fucking glorious.

I think Myspace started the normification of the internet, but it was facebook that NUKED the internet.

Infact I would say it was like the old 4chan, ever since 2016 presidential election, 4chan has had a HUGE influx of normies, nowdays even 4chan is unrecognizable to me.

If you don't know what this is then you weren't around before normies invaded.

Napster.jpg

There's a phenomenon called the "Reply Guy." It's a name people give men who rebut to women's Tweets on Twitter.

That's how you know things have gone sour. When it's a point of discussion to say "I'm being persecuted because some guy is debating me regularly on Twitter." That people are this bent out of shape over Internet comments. What I thought Twitter was for.

*sipp* Yeah... I haven't quite pinpointed when things went wrong, but lemme tell ya, I know when things were right. Late 90s were good, but the first half of the 2000s were golden, IMO. Best games, best videos, 4chan was at the height of its powers...

It was mostly text-based and a lot of sites (especially Geocities and Angelfire ones) were just made up of the most basic HTML constructs available. Video streaming was shit and things were far from streamlined by professional web designers. Every site had something different. A lot of literal boomers (baby boomer hippies going online for their last refuge) going on about copyrights and free speech. In many ways it was like the wild west.

The best part was the modem dial up sound effects.

Oh yeah, and if you were not a newsgroup user, you were not "elite" or "intellectual". WWW newbies were looked down upon. I started in 98 on game forums. I wish there was something I could have done differently back then, like go to college and get laid and get a D2 athletic scholarship. Being an internet nerd was part of my downfall socially

One more thing I forgot to mention was web rings. Web rings were everywhere. They have gone out of style

Last edited:
Remember when (((Metallica))) fucked them?
Dumbass jew band with only one ok song. They can't say shit when we use adblock on cucktube and torrent their songs now, not that we'd want to.

What about mIRC?
It was mostly text-based and a lot of sites (especially Geocities and Angelfire ones) were just made up of the most basic HTML constructs available. Video streaming was shit and things were far from streamlined by professional web designers. Every site had something different. A lot of literal boomers (baby boomer hippies going online for their last refuge) going on about copyrights and free speech. In many ways it was like the wild west.

Do you remember mIRC? That shit was fucking amazing.

Yes, I remember AOL chats, mIRC, etc. It was obviously very slow and limited but there was no “shaming” and people having their lives ruined because they said a racist thing 10 years prior. I only wish my parents had let me join a few years earlier but JFL @ guys who had to and will have to go through HS with dating apps and constant shaming/mocking online, like a few big sites restricting comments will stop it all.

Every subculture inevitably gets taken over by normies, and after a few years, the people who founded and paid in sweat for that subculture are told they're interlopers. The internet is the most egregious example of this.

What happened man?

It was like being on 4chan of everywhere you went. It was fucking glorious.

I think Myspace started the normification of the internet, but it was facebook that NUKED the internet.

Infact I would say it was like the old 4chan, ever since 2016 presidential election, 4chan has had a HUGE influx of normies, nowdays even 4chan is unrecognizable to me.
I agree.
It was so refreshing searching for stuff back then, and you were technically more "free" than you´re now.
It´s a general sentiment that i got from that time.

Oh yeah, and if you were not a newsgroup user, you were not "elite" or "intellectual". WWW newbies were looked down upon. I started in 98 on game forums. I wish there was something I could have done differently back then, like go to college and get laid and get a D2 athletic scholarship. Being an internet nerd was part of my downfall socially

One more thing I forgot to mention was web rings. Web rings were everywhere. They have gone out of style

L0L at Geocities...
This is what I miss the most. Flames and flamewars were an internet pastime. Now when you do it you are having a "meltdown," unless it's a retarded one liner or memey.
I only started with RuneScape being my first MMORPG in late 2011.
I wish i could have gotten to know that game a lot more earlier.
Maybe in 2004.

Fagex fucking ruined it afterwards with muh EOC shit update.

Last edited:
used to browse Newgrounds and eBaumsworld in the early 00's then discovered 4chan in '06, 1 year before its exposure. Fanatically played Runescape in '06 and WoW in '08 (even though there were rampant flame wars going on between which game was better, I played them both regardless) while listening to a shitload of LP, slipknot and other emofaggy Metal bands on my shitty compaq desktop. Also listened to a shitload of EDM when playing CS;S or chatting on MSN, good times

Yeah. I recently played a "Chad vs Incels" custom warcraft game with someone from this forum. His name was something with blackpill.
Cool game. Really reminded me of the early 2000s with all the racist, antisemitic jokes.

My CompuServe!
Why hast thou forsaken me?

In the early 2000s, I used to make Flash animations on Newgrounds, I had a shitty geocities website and I'd bunk off school to play Gunbound while I listened to anime OSTs I downloaded from Kazaa. The internet really was a different place back then. It was 2007/8 with the rise of Youtube and Facebook when things started to change.

It was 2007/8 with the rise of Youtube and Facebook when things started to change.
I remember in 05 or 06 watching a Nigahiga video and having a bad feeling about what has just been unleashed.

Wish I could have been apart of those times ngl but I guess that's what xbox live was for me in the late 2000's and early 2010's.

I loved when websites were a lot less centralized. Killfrog and Joecartoon were my copes back then.

This happens with everything. The internet used to be haven for odds and ends, which made it interesting. Now it's all horribly bland, wrongthink left and right. It's a weird transition period - progressively regressive.

I was on the internet in 1975.

It was possible to meet new people in mIRC, and next day to meet them in reality, and go to drink. Never was really easy, but much easier compared those new times and this new teletubbie generation

Smartphones were a mistake, they killed the internet. Before smartphones most normans didn't bother with internet that much, girls couldn't just take pictures and share them in 10 milliseconds. Smartphones made internet too accessible and effectively killed it.
In the early 2000s, I used to make Flash animations on Newgrounds, I had a shitty geocities website and I'd bunk off school to play Gunbound while I listened to anime OSTs I downloaded from Kazaa. The internet really was a different place back then. It was 2007/8 with the rise of Youtube and Facebook when things started to change.
It was the smartphones.

Go play an MMORPG now and try to say nigger or faggot in chat, you'll get a temp ban so fast. Meanwhile 15+ years ago you could say anything you wanted and nobody gave a fucking shit, because everyone knew it was just fucking people being ironic for the sake of being ironic because the internet was a fun anonymous thing to be on, and now its not, every NORMIE NIGGER with their HUGO EGOS just HAS to post their FACE and IDENTITY with all their comments, as IF ANYONE GIVE A FUCK WHO ARE YOU or HOW MUCH YOU HATE RACIST WORDS. PROTIP NORMIE INTERNET USERS, NOBODY GIVE A FUCK WHAT YOU THINK OR SAY.

Based High IQ post

Normgroids literally HAVE to ruin things for the rest of us. It never fucking fails man, literally everything.
Smartphones were a mistake, they killed the internet. Before smartphones most normans didn't bother with internet that much, girls couldn't just take pictures and share them in 10 milliseconds. Smartphones made internet too accessible and effectively killed it.

It was the smartphones.

Yes agreed, i could live a life without smartphones. Everything would go back to being barebones curious and obtaining first hand experience.

None of this tinder bullshit for sub5foids to get chad dick.

Saw this on IT, but this is definitely a topic I'm into a lot so I'm just going to bump it.

But I sure as hell do, I started using the Internet in 2003-2004, and I remember making my first YouTube videos even like a decade ago and people would call me a fat faggot (no longer fat) and tell me to kill myself, but I eventually got used to it. I also remember actively seeing doxxes and lots of offensive stuff on 4chan, but now it's just cucked bullshit, including but not limited to normies posting pics of them having sex with girls, plain simping, and cringe tranny bullshit.

Seriously, since I'd say around 2013-2014, the Internet has been fucking garbage and full of PC normie faggots. I even go into CoD sometimes and CS:GO too and scream at normies and call them faggots and niggers just for shits and giggles, hoping for a funny response back, and everyone just calls me toxic, no one even fights back and screams back at me, and it makes me disappointed.

This current Internet was not the one I was raised on.
My CompuServe!
Why hast thou forsaken me?
Holy shit, I still have some CompuServe floppy disks laying around somewhere. I uncovered them about a couple years ago in a pile of old stuff. Pretty sure that's what my parents used before I was born. I think they got bought out by America Online.
I remember coming across sites like this when I'd search something random on Yahoo and clicked through a bunch of pages just for shits and giggles. Didn't have a fucking clue what they were talking about.

I was on the internet back in the early 2000s since I never had any friends and spent all my time on the computer. It was the only way for me to communicate with other human beings. Social media ruined the internet. Now every fucking website is a safe space where you're walking on eggshells all the time trying not to offend anyone.

I caught the tail end of it

It was a good time.

And yes, despite the old internet having a generally more abrasive culture, people now seem to take what actually happens a lot more seriously. One example is that trash talk/banter always existed in online gaming but it seems only now, due to the rise of e-sports, that people actually take it extremely seriously and become emotionally invested in games to the point where they unironically deride other people for being "casual" or "shitters" and will try to kick you if you're bad because every online game now has stupid built in matchmaking shit. Normies have turned online gaming into the NFL. Fuck them. They ruin everything they touch.

Normies have turned online gaming into the NFL. Fuck them. They ruin everything they touch.
That's the main problem here. And you can't comment anything that goes against the norm in fear of somehow getting doxxed or banned on some sites.

I'm too young. This is the only world I know

This happens with everything. The internet used to be haven for odds and ends, which made it interesting. Now it's all horribly bland, wrongthink left and right. It's a weird transition period - progressively regressive.

It's a real life adaptation of "invasion of the body snatchers".

It's a nightmare.

Normie NPCs be like "whos watching this in 2019????"

I remember it vaguely

Any1 remember those AOL disks you'd get

Yeah I remember bro

Internet relay chat - guaranteed normie filter.

I still remember watching my older brother play warcraft 1 after spending an hour installing it from like 40 floppy disks.

The internet went to shit after 2012.
I joined back in 2011/2010 (because my parents wouldn't buy a fucking computer), shitposting on a gaming forum and asking permissions to play on the forum's Minecraft server :feelskek:
I remember the first time someone told me my thread was garbage, and I actually deleted it, amazing times
Because of the period I joined, I witnessed the change happen right before my eyes; Reddit was not cucked in 2011. That came after. It's like a button was pressed and the general atmosphere of the Internet changed. I fucking hate it.

Saw this on IT, but this is definitely a topic I'm into a lot so I'm just going to bump it.

But I sure as hell do, I started using the Internet in 2003-2004, and I remember making my first YouTube videos even like a decade ago and people would call me a fat faggot (no longer fat) and tell me to kill myself, but I eventually got used to it. I also remember actively seeing doxxes and lots of offensive stuff on 4chan, but now it's just cucked bullshit, including but not limited to normies posting pics of them having sex with girls, plain simping, and cringe tranny bullshit.

Seriously, since I'd say around 2013-2014, the Internet has been fucking garbage and full of PC normie faggots. I even go into CoD sometimes and CS:GO too and scream at normies and call them faggots and niggers just for shits and giggles, hoping for a funny response back, and everyone just calls me toxic, no one even fights back and screams back at me, and it makes me disappointed.

Holy shit, I still have some CompuServe floppy disks laying around somewhere. I uncovered them about a couple years ago in a pile of old stuff. Pretty sure that's what my parents used before I was born. I think they got bought out by America Online.

I remember coming across sites like this when I'd search something random on Yahoo and clicked through a bunch of pages just for shits and giggles. Didn't have a fucking clue what they were talking about.
Actually, i was a net zero man, men.

I have an inkwell buddy that still uses aol dial-up! Lol. He's really cheap. But he paid off his urban house in 5 years...

I had a html website and a domain in 2000 - 2004. Misc, random stuff with an autoplay midi and lots of low bandwidth blinky shit, and various free cool mp3's... Bon temps, 'mi!

I wrote a pamphlet about voodoo and sold it to pay my internet bills. At $15 no one bought it, so i jacked the price up to $30, and sold enough to stay ahead of it, lol. They didn't want the cheapest price.

Mid 2000s Runescape and Youtube.

Normies today wouldn't survive COD MW2 lobbies lmao :lul:

the Internet today is a fucking joke compared to the internet a decade ago. I was born in 1997. Before 2008, I only used the internet to play computer online games on nickelodeon or cartoon network's websites. Then in 2008, i discovered youtube at the age of 10. the old youtube was so much fun.

Youtube was so different back then. There were a lot of nazi channels and KKK channels and many anti-semites on youtube back then. people also would constantly say jewtube back then. Racism on youtube nowadays is very covert instead. a decade ago, people online always used to say "suck my balls" and "suck a dick you nigger" and people could get away with it. nowadays nobody says "suck my balls/dick" anymore and now if you call someone a faggot or a nigger you get banned from the website. it's very strict these days. i also remember back then, everyone online would hate on emo/scene kids and justin bieber fans. now everyone just hates on nice guys, incels, and baby boomers.

also cyberbullies and trolls were very different a decade ago. the late 2000s early 2010s was the last era of the internet with politically incorrect crazy people. back a decade ago, cyberbullies online actually knew they are bullies and they targeted anyone who is an easy target. today's cyberbullies see their victim as the bad guy and themselves as the victim and will bully you online for being politically incorrect. it's crazy.

I remember in AoE2 when every other word in the chat was "nigger", "faggot," or "nigger faggot."

Or when it took an hour to download a song off Napster.

Last edited:
Actually, i was a net zero man, men.

I have an inkwell buddy that still uses aol dial-up! Lol. He's really cheap. But he paid off his urban house in 5 years...

I had a html website and a domain in 2000 - 2004. Misc, random stuff with an autoplay midi and lots of low bandwidth blinky shit, and various free cool mp3's... Bon temps, 'mi!

I wrote a pamphlet about voodoo and sold it to pay my internet bills. At $15 no one bought it, so i jacked the price up to $30, and sold enough to stay ahead of it, lol. They didn't want the cheapest price.
Voodoo? Like the graphics card?

yeah i miss the little kids telling me they would fuck my mother