Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

SuicideFuel Any oldfags here remember the internet before normies over-ran it?

I remember when people said nigger and faggot without anyone giving a shit.
It was before 2013.

Women ruined the internet

Any1 remember those AOL disks you'd get
They might as well let you have AOL forever if you can just replace the old disk with a new one after the time runs out. Jfl at idiots who actually paid to use it.
aol-cd.png
AOL_CD_-_1175_Hours_Free_for_50_Days_America_Online_AM0508R42_2004

This site makes me remember old internet
No normies, no offended faggots, classic forum format
It is kinda nice

They might as well let you have AOL forever if you can just replace the old disk with a new one after the time runs out. Jfl at idiots who actually paid to use it.
aol-cd.png
AOL_CD_-_1175_Hours_Free_for_50_Days_America_Online_AM0508R42_2004
Around here the AOL disks used to come inside free newspapers that you could just pick out from a box on the street. I used to collect them when I was like 10 because I liked how colorful they were.

Around here the AOL disks used to come inside free newspapers that you could just pick out from a box on the street. I used to collect them when I was like 10 because I liked how colorful they were.
I collected them too, but I didn't get them from the mail, my parents used to run a shop and I'd take the disks from computer magazines.

Seriously, since I'd say around 2013-2014, the Internet has been fucking garbage and full of PC normie faggots. I even go into CoD sometimes and CS:GO too and scream at normies and call them faggots and niggers just for shits and giggles, hoping for a funny response back, and everyone just calls me toxic, no one even fights back and screams back at me, and it makes me disappointed.
That's not at all what I've seen recently playing CS;GO - it's as edgy as it was five years ago. What servers are you playing on?

Remember Kazaa? Limewire?

Edit: you'd get something like "Britney Spears Hit Me Baby One More Time.exe" 50 kb file.

I was too inhib to use Kazaa or Limewire. Only one desktop in the house, shared with parents.

I remember in 05 or 06 watching a Nigahiga video and having a bad feeling about what has just been unleashed.
I remember watching Smosh videos in 2006 and absolutely loving it.

I downloaded the HL2 beta through bittorrent in 2003 by leaving the torrent window downloading in an internet cafe. It came in something like 100 rar files. Those were the days.

I remember watching Smosh videos in 2006 and absolutely loving it.
They were my favorite, but the only stuff I remember are when they did the food battles and them making fun of pokemon.

They were my favorite, but the only stuff I remember are when they did the food battles and them making fun of pokemon.

My first Smosh video was the Spiderman video. The food battles were fun, and I remember the OG Pokémon theme song as well, before it got initially deleted. Also, I was active on the Smosh forums in 2007... It was super fun. I accumulated around 1,000 posts. It kind of helped my shape my music taste, as well. I found some post-hardcore bands through there.

What happened man?

It was like being on 4chan of everywhere you went. It was fucking glorious.

I think Myspace started the normification of the internet, but it was facebook that NUKED the internet.

Infact I would say it was like the old 4chan, ever since 2016 presidential election, 4chan has had a HUGE influx of normies, nowdays even 4chan is unrecognizable to me.

Back then you had to work to find a workaround for something or to download a specific file. And when you did, it was a great feeling. Feeling of accomplishment.

Now everyone has easy access to the same normie things (everything is pretty much normie-tier now, don’t kid yourselves), stream the same normie crap like nothing.

Example: when arcade and console emulators hit the scene, some people couldn’t believe it was possible. Then hunting for roms online then playing those exact retro games on your pc made you awestruck. Now it’s everywhere. People just play them on their Switch or buy cheap Chinese knockoffs from the dollar store to play retrogames.

The spark is gone.

Ironically though, that’s how many OGs came to places like this. PUA was somewhat new and OGs where captivated by those ideas. They knew normies weren’t getting on the net to search for dating tips (old school normies would usually ask their loser nerd “friend” to search for something online, burn a cd for them or print copies of something), so they figured it was something of a secret that only they understood LOL! Luckily that shit was exposed as bs.
The internet went to shit after 2012.
I joined back in 2011/2010 (because my parents wouldn't buy a fucking computer), shitposting on a gaming forum and asking permissions to play on the forum's Minecraft server :feelskek:
I remember the first time someone told me my thread was garbage, and I actually deleted it, amazing times
Because of the period I joined, I witnessed the change happen right before my eyes; Reddit was not cucked in 2011. That came after. It's like a button was pressed and the general atmosphere of the Internet changed. I fucking hate it.

Yeah 2012 seems to be the most agreed upon date when shit changed. Internet became “social media”

I guess the Mayans were right about 2012 doomsday after all lol

Last edited:
That's not at all what I've seen recently playing CS;GO - it's as edgy as it was five years ago. What servers are you playing on?
Usually NA Central.

My first Smosh video was the Spiderman video. The food battles were fun, and I remember the OG Pokémon theme song as well, before it got initially deleted.
I don't remember the spider man video or pokemon theme song, but if I see it then it will probably jog my memory.
I was active on the Smosh forums in 2007... It was super fun. I accumulated around 1,000 posts. It kind of helped my shape my music taste, as well. I found some post-hardcore bands through there.
I didn't know they had a forum, or I don't remember, but I think there was a smosh site linked in their video descriptions to see deleted scenes from the skits.

Smartphones and social media has ruined my life.

I'd do anything to go back to the early 2000s, I think that was the perfect period of internet because things were popular enough to be accessible but not completey overran with selfie spamming normalniggers.

I don't remember the spider man video or pokemon theme song, but if I see it then it will probably jog my memory.

I didn't know they had a forum, or I don't remember, but I think I remember there was a smosh site linked in their video descriptions to see deleted scenes from the skits.
Ahh, I see, well, I watched all of their old videos. Not so much their new ones... It's just not the same. Don't get me wrong, it's enjoyable and sometimes get a chuckle out of me, but that's it. And yes, that's right: they would post deleted scenes on their website, but you could access their forum through that same website. It was crazy active, and people would get mad because I was postmaxxing. Jfl, I was 11 or 12 at the time.

We lost the fortress around 2005-2007.

Ahh, I see, well, I watched all of their old videos. Not so much their new ones... It's just not the same. Don't get me wrong, it's enjoyable and sometimes get a chuckle out of me, but that's it.
I barely remember the new ones, but I probably liked the older videos they made too.
And yes, that's right: they would post deleted scenes on their website, but you could access their forum through that same website. It was crazy active, and people would get mad because I was postmaxxing. Jfl, I was 11 or 12 at the time.
Based. At that time my form of postmaxxing was arguing with people in youtube comments, but I was a lot older than 11, in 2007 I was in my early 20's.

I did mIRC around the turn of the century. It was strictly text. I was intelligent and funny and, being an English teacher, usually posted using correct grammar and spelling. That made me a GigaChad in the chat rooms. For once, I was the one who mogged everybody else, the one for whose attention women vied. I wound up trying to juggle three or four online romances at once. It all blew up in my face, spectacularly so, but I did have a brief moment of being the most handsome guy in the room, even if it was a chatroom.

Playing MMORPGs in the late 90s, early 2000s, the internet community was completely different. Nobody took it seriously, it was all a fucking joke to everyone, everyone shit on each other, called each other nigger faggot cunt, nobody cared, it was normal and acceptable. You could abuse people in your groups, in your gatherings, nobody cared, it was just part of being online in games. If you do this now you get DOX'd and fired from your job, and charged with some internet harassment crimes, and normies all use the internet as if its just an extension of their real life, and it's really fucking weird to me how seriously normies take this shit.

I saw some Youtube video of some normie visiting this place, and they'd freak the fuck out anytime the saw the word nigger or faggot, like seriously nigger? how the fuck long have you been on the internet? Just because someone says NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER FAGGOT FAGGOT FAGGOT it doesn't mean we hate niggers or faggots (ok some do, but 99% dont give a fuck), its just a fucking word people use to say a lot on the internet ironically because it was ironic to post stuff online that you can't say in real life, but now the internet has become real life, so you cant even do it online anymore without getting banned/suspended.

Go play an MMORPG now and try to say nigger or faggot in chat, you'll get a temp ban so fast. Meanwhile 15+ years ago you could say anything you wanted and nobody gave a fucking shit, because everyone knew it was just fucking people being ironic for the sake of being ironic because the internet was a fun anonymous thing to be on, and now its not, every NORMIE NIGGER with their HUGO EGOS just HAS to post their FACE and IDENTITY with all their comments, as IF ANYONE GIVE A FUCK WHO ARE YOU or HOW MUCH YOU HATE RACIST WORDS. PROTIP NORMIE INTERNET USERS, NOBODY GIVE A FUCK WHAT YOU THINK OR SAY.

I was pondering this recently. I was coming onto the internet just at the end of that era. I think the mid 2000s was the best, 2003-2007, in the late 2000s/early 2010s it had already been overrun.

Also these normfags have no net common sense either. Using their real names etc online and then complaining when they get doxxed for saying something stupid.

I agree with the theory that social media has brought the masses onto the internet, somewhere that they don't belong and they should be made to go back into RL.
Smartphones were a mistake, they killed the internet. Before smartphones most normans didn't bother with internet that much, girls couldn't just take pictures and share them in 10 milliseconds. Smartphones made internet too accessible and effectively killed it.

It was the smartphones.

Yeah but what made smartphones popular? Social media that stupid vapid foids like to use.

Last edited:
Smartphones and social media has ruined my life.

I'd do anything to go back to the early 2000s, I think that was the perfect period of internet because things were popular enough to be accessible but not completey overran with selfie spamming normalniggers.
The decline definitely started with Facebook and smartphones. This flood of Normies has been devastating. If you wanted to talk about X, you would go to a forum dedicated to talking about X, these days you now have sites like Youtube (which was once good, gutted by normies) and Reddit, a centralised hub of content. You want to talk about X and A? Then Reddit has subs dedicated to those topics. It's not necessarily a bad thing, but when your site is predominately comprised of insufferable cunts, phoneposters, power tripping mods, then it renders the function useless. Unfortunately, forums dedicated to games, movies and so on are going offline simply because traffic is too low. It's a shame and I wish I could get it back, but I cant.