Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Any former hikikomori here?

Must be brutal being homeless once
Yeah very brutal experience if you are not prepared. I lived like a vagabond, taking the narrowest of paths to avoid the plebs who despised me. Fortunately, I had a modicum of intelligence to exploit the loopholes that allowed me to spend warm nights.

Every hiki is a neet but not every neet is a hiki

Pretty sure you can be a hikki and not be a NEET, because you could work from home and/or study online

Yeah very brutal experience if you are not prepared. I lived like a vagabond, taking the narrowest of paths to avoid the plebs who despised me. Fortunately, I had a modicum of intelligence to exploit the loopholes that allowed me to spend warm nights.

How long were you homeless for, how did you survive and how did you escape homelessness?

Pretty sure you can be a hikki and not be a NEET, because you could work from home and/or study online
Hikikomori is a concept originate from japan. Sure there are multiple people like that, but it’s mostly japanese.

Why are hikimori are all neet. Understand this, a psychiatrist in japan label hiki as a work shy, they also lock themself in the room with no contact with anybody.

Those work online sti have something going for them. A hiki is defined by no life, being a no life you are basically fucked and you do nothing.

Also hiki suffer from mental illnesss usually. Neeet too but some neet just want to go against society system, while hiki are a personal thing

Hikikomori is a concept originate from japan. Sure there are multiple people like that, but it’s mostly japanese.

Why are hikimori are all neet. Understand this, a psychiatrist in japan label hiki as a work shy, they also lock themself in the room with no contact with anybody.

Those work online sti have something going for them. A hiki is defined by no life, being a no life you are basically fucked and you do nothing.

Hikkikomori is someone who rarely leaves the house.

You r confusing the concept of “hikkikomori” with the concept of “NEET” (Not in Employment, Education or Training)

they have 2 diffERent meanings.

J
Hikkikomori is someone who rarely leaves the house. You r confusing the concept of “hikkikomori” with the concept of “NEET” (Not in Emoloyment, Education or Training), they have 2 diffERent meanings.
well all hiki are people who don’t work. And Japanese label them as someone who didn’t work and didn’t left their house.

Trust me ik some hiki in the internet and they don’t work. All of them

So I’m going with their metric and definition

IMG 1625

Hiki don’t participate in society. You are just an introvert if you work or study at home.

If you don’t participate then you’re a shut in

There’s also semi neet. Semi neet work part time job two or thrice a week

Last edited:
How long were you homeless for, how did you survive and how did you escape homelessness?
I was homeless for 3 years, and it was a real shock for me to move from a sedentary to a rudimentary lifestyle. Living in the West, it's practically impossible to die of hunger, thanks to the many associations, and the only risks are climatic. I owed my survival mainly to my ingenuity, sometimes sleeping on hospital beds, sometimes in hotel rooms, and when I had no other option, in homeless shelters. My most difficult battle was to overcome boredom, as spending hours on a bench contemplating individuals completing their daily circuits like NPCs annoyed me terribly. In the end, I was able to get out of the situation by taking administrative steps with my social worker, who was a great help.

I am actively a hikkikomori living with my mom i have been for over 3 years