Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

American Psycho Was Made By a Woman?

pinkxe

pinkxe

Greycel
Idk. I just feel like American Psycho wasn’t written for womens eyes to read. It’s more of a manly book with women as the side objects. The fact that the movie was made by a woman kind of disgusts me, as it is one of my favorite movies and I can really relate to the hatred of women during it. Patrick Bateman was someone who had the ability to get a lot of girls, but none of them really truely appreciated him for who he was inside.. they all just thought he was psychotic or “weird.” I just don’t feel like a woman director has the ability to potray all of those deep things, you know? Thoughts?

women knows how a man feels inside, they just dont care.

Idk. I just feel like American Psycho wasn’t written for womens eyes to read. It’s more of a manly book with women as the side objects. The fact that the movie was made by a woman kind of disgusts me, as it is one of my favorite movies and I can really relate to the hatred of women during it. Patrick Bateman was someone who had the ability to get a lot of girls, but none of them really truely appreciated him for who he was inside.. they all just thought he was psychotic or “weird.” I just don’t feel like a woman director has the ability to potray all of those deep things, you know? Thoughts?
My favorite button

women knows how a man feels inside, they just dont care.
My favorite button

Well Bret Easton Ellis wrote the book so it's certainly from a male perspective I can assure you.

Book was written by a fag
Film was directed by a woman

I don't even know if it's based or not:feelsohgod:

What do you expect? Women love fantasizing about murderers.

I never liked the movie. Something about it wasn't right. Now I know why.

The movie is just about some insecure business man. Nothing based about him at all and never saw why he was so admired.

now i know why this movie sucks so hard:feelsokman: