Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Venting All the people society admires are either genetically blessed, or were given opportunities the average person doesn't get.

• Thread starter FrothySolutions
  • Start date
FrothySolutions

FrothySolutions

Post like the FBI is watching.
★★★★★
LeBron James just broke 40,000 points in basketball. And people are pointing out how he did this growing up impoverished with no dad around and no mentors to guide him.

They don't really talk about the fact that LeBron James is genetically blessed for basketball. LeBron James didn't need his dad because God said "You will play basketball." Now, why do they omit this? You might accuse them of trying to say "If LeBron can do it, so can you." But if you accuse them of that, they'll say "I never said that, I'm not saying LeBron isn't genetically blessed, all I'm saying is it's still an inspiring story despite his genetic gifts. Obviously LeBron James is a very lucky person whose luck will not be experienced by most people."

So if LeBron James is not a role model, who is? What sort of life should I try to secure for myself? How bad does my life have to be before I can begrudge my station? Before I'm not obligated to suck it up and be happy for my shitty life? Shouldn't cry because I'm not eating as nice as LeBron James? When should I cry, then?

Not to mention he got drafted out of high school without graduating. He instantly started making millions of dollars for having the extreme luck of being noticed and being 6'9. Life sometimes is a mediocre joke where the tall and desirable are treated with respect and opportunities while the undesirable manlets have to work to survive.

The idea that anyone can be successful with enough hard work is the religious belief that underpins Western liberal society. The reality of course being that most people are genetic losers who will never succeed in life

Users who are viewing this thread

shape1
shape2
shape3
shape4
shape5
shape6
Back