Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Theory All the leftie stuff I was introduced to back in my hippy days is now mainstream ideology

Hoppipolla

Hoppipolla

hop on jj2
★★★★★
It's so weird.

I went through a hippy phase once. Back in the noughties. lol

Yes I am boom >.<

Back yeah all the stuff they were into has become mainstream now. Obsessing about the environment, misanthropy, moaning about capitalism, veganism... although I will say that I didn't detect any man-hating or anti-white opinions from them.

To be honest they really weren't that bad. I know I'm being a bit harsh on them. They were quite friendly but just could be quite judgemental at times and I found the ideology a bit "heavy" on the left-wing stuff. Plus these days it's been turned up to 11 and this really toxic extra stuff like hating men and whites has been thrown in too, which was mostly what pushed me away from the left.

So yeah anyway... it feels ironic that I moved away from that lifestyle because it felt ideological, restrictive and eventually extreme, and now it's become mainstream.

You used to be a hippie jfl

You used to be a hippie jfl

It's a strange ideology. Peace and love.

I mean... who on Earth ISN'T for peace and love? XD

It's like saying you're for air and water.

Since you're a boomer, how do you cope with the infernal curse of aging?