Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion Alcoholism

TallCelFag

TallCelFag

30, autistic, 3/10 face, 2 months sober
★★★★★
Any other alcoholics here? I had 5 bottles of vodka last week but been sober last couple of days. I have strong yearnings right now to drink again.

I feel safe, happy, energetic, and lowinhib when fully drunk. Nothing else has brought me as much pleasure in life.

Last edited:
I would use it more if it didn’t make you gain weight and didn’t give bad feeling the next day

Recovered alky here. Used the program which shall remain anonymous but, you know, is near the front of the phone book. It worked for me. I used to drink a bottle of vod a day for years. I’m >1.5 years sober now which for a drinker like me is huge. Not suggesting you to do anything of course — just reminiscing/relating

Any other alcoholics here? I had 5 bottles of vodka last week but been sober last couple of days. I have strong yearnings right now to drink again.

I feel safe, happy, energetic, and lowinhib when fully drunk. Nothing else has brought me as much pleasure in life.
I had 6 16oz coors lites yesterday and drunk streamed on youtube and got banned for nudity and harrassed a bunch of foids on instagram. Fun.

Recovered alky here. Used the program which shall remain anonymous but, you know, is near the front of the phone book. It worked for me. I used to drink a bottle of vod a day for years. I’m >1.5 years sober now which for a drinker like me is huge. Good luck brocel.
Congratz. What kind of techniques helped you quit?

Congratz. What kind of techniques helped you quit?
Thanks man—I appreciate it.

- I was lucky to walk in one night when they were having a men’s meeting. I STRONGLY recommend if you go to go to one of these. There are chads in the world who will veer off into monologues about sex having, or randos getting off on self pity, but a good mod should cut them off or kick them out. I am one such mod and I do so with pleasure. The focus should be alcoholism and how to recover from it, explained by people who did it.

- Dudes walked up to me, shared their phone numbers with me and I did likewise. That they take such initiative was big; I don’t walk up to people and talk to them. Since then they have become more than acquaintances and dare I say friends. Every now and then we drop a text or call to another, randomly. There’s a little bit of the accountability element. And, less lonely.

- I grew up religious, and still am. In other words I believed in God while drinking uncontrollably. My greatest mentors in the program have been atheists. For them the higher power that helped them was the group. I got open minded and so did they.

- lots of dumb little slogans people make fun of in there actually helped me … like HALT — before I pick up, think, am I Hungry, Angry, Lonely, Tired? Can I just solve one of those directly instead? I don’t know why dumb stuff like that helped me while sitting in the parking lot of a liquor store.

- taking it easy … some days in sobriety, well, I’ve put pants on … but stayed sober … in an earlier go when I started freaking out about getting my life together I went back to drinking after a few months in.

Some half-willingness, & open-mindedness in pretty small quantities got me in the door and I got kinda carried forward by the program itself.

Last edited:
I drink sometimes to feel a little bit happiness, because i don’t feel alive when sober.

Thanks man—I appreciate it.

- I was lucky to walk in one night when they were having a men’s meeting. I STRONGLY recommend if you go to go to one of these. There are chads in the world who will veer off into monologues about sex having, or randos getting off on self pity, but a good mod should cut them off or kick them out. I am one such mod and I do so with pleasure. The focus should be alcoholism and how to recover from it, explained by people who did it.

- Dudes walked up to me, shared their phone numbers with me and I did likewise. That they take such initiative was big; I don’t walk up to people and talk to them. Since then they have become more than acquaintances and dare I say friends. Every now and then we drop a text or call to another, randomly. There’s a little bit of the accountability element. And, less lonely.

- I grew up religious, and still am. In other words I believed in God while drinking uncontrollably. My greatest mentors in the program have been atheists. For them the higher power that helped them was the group. I got open minded and so did they.

- lots of dumb little slogans people make fun of in there actually helped me … like HALT — before I pick up, think, am I Hungry, Angry, Lonely, Tired? Can I just solve one of those directly instead? I don’t know why dumb stuff like that helped me while sitting in the parking lot of a liquor store.

- taking it easy … some days in sobriety, well, I’ve put pants on … but stayed sober … in an earlier go when I started freaking out about getting my life together I went back to drinking after a few months in.

Some half-willingness, & open-mindedness in pretty small quantities got me in the door and I got kinda carried forward by the program itself.
I don’t really have an alcohol problem, I have a cooming problem. So I was seeing what techniques I can use on it lol. Maybe HALT might apply here as well.

I don’t really have an alcohol problem, I have a cooming problem. So I was seeing what techniques I can use on it lol. Maybe HALT might apply here as well.
Makes sense. Starting to realize the program helped me with other stuff too like video games (stopped pretty much completely) and cigarettes (eh, maybe 30% reduced but still a work in progress…easy does it lol).

God damn, if I drink more than 3 5% alcohol bottles in a single night I feel guilty.

incredibly brutal avatar to post content ratio

I require alcohol