Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Story Alcohol withdrawals mostly over

BornToLose

BornToLose

Oops!... I lost again
★★★★★
My drinking had gotten worse the last couple of months and by this week I was fully dependent again.

After a bit of tapering down I went through THREE goddamn T-shirts through detox sweats last night, my sheets completely soaked through, and it's been fucking freezing here.

Luckily I got sleep, and managed to not pick up today so far - with the crippling anxiety lessening - and I think I'll be fine not to now. But my room stinks of still-drying alcohol-sweat clothes and bedsheets.

It creeps up on you like a mofo, this addiction. I'm gonna go teetotal again, maybe go back to AA.

Would things have ever got like this if I wasn't an incel? I guess I'll never know for sure but I think things could've been easier were I not perpetually alone.

Nice mang im trying to quit smoking its been 1 day again

Ik what it's like I've gotten alcohol withdrawals as much as 3 times in one month well idk if I want to count one as it finished in the begining of the one month but started a day before so at least 2 1/2 worst CIWA score I got was 23

I always stopped when I got the shakes, that's how I knew to pace myself, maybe disulfiram is an option?

Ik what it's like I've gotten alcohol withdrawals as much as 3 times in one month well idk if I want to count one as it finished in the begining of the one month but started a day before so at least 2 1/2 worst CIWA score I got was 23
Full on, dude.

I always stopped when I got the shakes, that's how I knew to pace myself, maybe disulfiram is an option?
I'm just gonna stick to anti-ds, starting a higher dose tomorrow.

I can drink 8 liters of beer.

good for you man I remember alcohol withdrawal was torture

I'd have anxiety attacks all the time. I'd freeze and get the shakes. I would think about alcohol and the immediate need for it to cure the anxiety and it would of course, increase my anxiety and depression in the days and weeks after.

to really cure my anxiety I'd have to go 4-5+ weeks sober and working out may speed up the recovery.

I can drink 8 liters of beer.
how much did you drink?
Yeah it was similar to that every day (like 15 cans of cider) but sometimes added or replaced with vodka/wine.
good for you man I remember alcohol withdrawal was torture

I'd have anxiety attacks all the time. I'd freeze and get the shakes. I would think about alcohol and the immediate need for it to cure the anxiety and it would of course, increase my anxiety and depression in the days and weeks after.

to really cure my anxiety I'd have to go 4-5+ weeks sober and working out may speed up the recovery.
Thanks man, yeah all very relatable. The good thing is it's only been at these really high levels for just under a fortnight. I was running almost every day still until nine days ago when I felt the dependence/withdrawal stage had arrived.

I'm looking forward to getting back out running again, hoping my fitness is still mostly there, and yeah, hoping it helps speed up me feeling better. That and a new double dose of my antidepressant.