Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Cope Afterlife in the ancient Israelite religion: A textual analysis (what modern scholarship and jews get wrong)

Copexodius Maximus

Copexodius Maximus

Mentally destroyed by reality
★★★★★
It is commonly known to many people the Judaism does not have any real concept of a hell. But modern scholarship mostly agrees with the idea that there was no concept of the afterlife in the ancient Israelite traditions, and that these beliefs came in later. However, based on my study of the Torah I think this is incorrect. Both many in modern scholarship, modern Jews, and ancient theories like by the Sadducees who rejected an afterlife were all incorrect.

Earliest Traditions: According to modern scholars ancient Israelite texts like the Torah have no afterlife or mention of one. This is why in some ancient sects like the Sadducees rejected the idea of an afterlife at all. So the point of religion and worshipping God in this older tradition is that you can make a better life for yourself while still alive. When you die, you just go straight to the grave (sheol) and that’s it.

Incorrect rebuttal from modern Jews

There is pushback from modern Jews as well who try to denounce the modern scholarship and Sadducee claims of there being no afterlife. The common rebuttal is:

The book of Deuteronomy mentions a Day of Retribution for the wicked.

There is nothing about this that talks about a resurrection, but if you don’t believe in such a concept then this idea seems very mysterious and nebulous. However when you look at this in the context of the passage, it clearly is talking about the Israelites facing a day of retribution for going against God, and face punishment as a nation. There is no evidence this is talking about a personal judgement by God, but rather a retroactive reinterpretation by copers.

Why modern scholarship is wrong and a better understanding

There are a few problems with the modern scholarly view though.

Sorcery could summon and communicate with the dead as ghosts

This is probably the strangest part of the Bible where the afterlife is concerned. Even in modern Judaism there is no real explanation of how this can be done. In the book of Deuteronomy resurrection of the dead and communication with them is considered sorcery and required the subject to be stoned to death. So the Torah does believe it’s real, but this would make no sense with the view of no afterlife (unless they are zombies or something).

This isn’t just because they believed sorcerers were scam artists according to these beliefs. In the book or Samuel (part of Deuteronomy), a sorceress called the Witch of Endor summons the ghost of the prophet Samuel so Saul can communicate with him.

Then Samuel said to Saul, “Why have you disturbed me by bringing me up?”……..”Moreover, the Lord will give Israel also with you into the hand of the Philistines, and tomorrow you and your sons shall be with me. The Lord will give the army of Israel also into the hand of the Philistines.” 20

Based on this reading, we see that Samuel describes himself as being disturbed and brought up. So Samuel was aware that he was dead, and was aware of the events of the world. Either he still has his prophetic powers due to God and was told these things while being brought back as a ghost, or he knew what was going to happen due to being dead and it’s just something the dead know.

Samuel couldn’t be seen but could be heard by Saul, which means that it was a ghost rather than a zombie. Samuel (who was a righteous prophet) saying that Saul (who disobeyed God) would be in the same place after death debunks the idea that people go to a different place for their deeds. Modern Judaism tries to put moral stance of somehow a soul will be purified and kept away from God, but Samuel mentions nothing about being with God and says Saul and his sons will die tomorrow and be with him (no time in between for a purification).

So what do we make of all of this? The best explanation for this case is actually:

Cross-Cultural references to Mesopotamia

In the Bible the word Sheol is used to describe the place the dead go to. This word in Hebrew just means grave, but it has other connotations in other religions nearby, like the Mesopotamian religions with other terms. In there the concept of Sheol is where it’s just a realm underground where the dead exist experiencing nothing pretty much (laying down and rotting like many of us, and completely over). However, you are aware of what happens in the world above and what will happen. There is no judgement of souls, there is no resurrection, there is no being with God. You are just in this mysterious world of the dead that everyone goes to, without a body but you don’t cease to exist completely.

Not reading, I am too depressed for reading long texts

Interesting. Pretty boring afterlife.

Not reading, I am too depressed for reading long texts
It’s an autistic thread that most won’t have an interest in here anyways

Interesting. Pretty boring afterlife.
Samuel seemed irritated at why he was bothered and summoned to the world of living. Seems he thought being in the realm of the dead is actually a better place to be jfl.

Samuel seemed irritated at why he was bothered and summoned to the world of living. Seems he thought being in the realm of the dead is actually a better place to be jfl.
Maybe he didn't know that all living humans having the power to interrupt whatever he was doing in after dead land was part of the deal. HA ha Ha hA

Due to my perpetual sad humor, I might become more stupid than usual.
Blame my khhvdom for this shit!

Maybe he didn't know that all living humans having the power to interrupt whatever he was doing in after dead land was part of the deal. HA ha Ha hA
Maybe that’s why people who perform such things get stoned. They are messing with people who just want to LDAR in peace.

Due to my perpetual sad humor, I might become more stupid than usual.
Blame my khhvdom for this shit!
It’s over

In the Bible the word Sheol is used to describe the place the dead go to. This word in Hebrew just means grave, but it has other connotations in other religions nearby, like the Mesopotamian religions with other terms. In there the concept of Sheol is where it’s just a realm underground where the dead exist experiencing nothing pretty much (laying down and rotting like many of us, and completely over). However, you are aware of what happens in the world above and what will happen. There is no judgement of souls, there is no resurrection, there is no being with God. You are just in this mysterious world of the dead that everyone goes to, without a body but you don’t cease to exist completely.
This is half of the story. There is another half, and it comes after. After your body is disintegrated, and the universe collapses and folds into itself.

Consciousness will continue to persist beyond that. How that will "feel" like is anyone's guess.

That explains somethings
We compensate by stoning people to death instead.

This is half of the story. There is another half, and it comes after. After your body is disintegrated, and the universe collapses and folds into itself.

Consciousness will continue to persist beyond that. How that will "feel" like is anyone's guess.
That’s not part of the ancient Israelite belief, afaik. Although I think in Islam they have a belief like that, that God will literally destroy the Universe and everything in it like closing a book, and then create a new perfect universe to resurrect people in.

That’s not part of the ancient Israelite belief, afaik. Although I think in Islam they have a belief like that, that God will literally destroy the Universe and everything in it like closing a book, and then create a new perfect universe to resurrect people in.
It's Christianity and Islam - both have the concept of a resurrection.

It's Christianity and Islam - both have the concept of a resurrection.
Even modern Judaism does.
Although there are some contradictions in all 3 religions of this concept.

Even modern Judaism does.
Although there are some contradictions in all 3 religions of this concept.
Judaism has Gan Eden and Gehenna, or heaven and hell, respectively. Is that an alternative interpretation?

Judaism has Gan Eden and Gehenna, or heaven and hell, respectively. Is that an alternative interpretation?
Both of these are more modern ideas in Judaism, but they were not present as concepts of the world to come among ancient Israelites. Gan Edan refers to the Garden of Eden, and is said to be the paradise on Earth the mankind will be able to enjoy again after judgement day. Gehenna can be referred to the Christian idea of the lake of fire style hell, but in modern Judaism it refers to the purification of a wicked soul (which lasts 12 months max I think).

Weird. Don't know much about Judaism but it seems to make less sense than Christianity/Islam, LDARing for your entire eternity after your death sounds peaceful but then the point of the religion itself seems meaningless.
This is the afterlife based on the Torah, and what the Israelites originally thought of the afterlife. Religion for them was meant to help the nation of Israel prosper and help people live a good life on this Earth. For example, if people broke the 10 commandments then society would destabilize and the Israelites were always led to ruin when they disobeyed God’s commands.

The idea of resurrection probably came from the Egyptian religion.

The idea of heaven and hell being places where people go due to their deeds is probably inspired from Zoroastrianism. They were probably inspired after the Persian Zoroastrian King Cyrus the Great freed the Israelites from Babylonian captivity and abolished slavery throughout its empire. It’s the oldest religious tradition I know of where your actions and morality determined where you end up after you die, rather than everyone just ending up in the same place no matter what. We probably also got pure monotheism from Zoroastrianism.

Right so religion for them was more of a "way of life" rather than "seeking the ultimate truth and preparing for your destiny" like it is for the other Abrahamic religions.
Yes, although all modern Jews do believe in an afterlife now.

Tbh I thought monotheism was the most popular even before Zoroastrianism because it sounds simple enough, you have 1 universe creator who made everything and that's it.
In ancient times there were no real creator gods who made all of existence. The different gods in those religions made different things and skills in world, but the Universe itself is more ancient than them and its origins are unknown. Since there were many things in nature, there were many gods. If you carefully read the beginning of the Bible in Genesis, God creates the heavens and the Earth. However, his spirit goes over the primordial waters, and this water was there before God created anything. So this kind of primordial ocean has existed eternally it seems.

I think many believed in monotheism but never put it under some umbrella term so it didn't seem as popular
Hard to say. What religions were like before civilization is impossible to say. But I think ancestor worship is probably the most ancient. Even animals like elephants go to visit places where their family died, so since our parents are literally like gods to us when we are kids, the respect is probably paid back by revering them even after people died.

Pretty sure Jews worship the Demiurge by my own Gnostic interpretation of things. :feelsjuice:

Pretty sure Jews worship the Demiurge by my own Gnostic interpretation of things. :feelsjuice:
Demiurge is an idea that comes from the ancient Greeks. I think it originally comes from the book by Plato called Timeous and was credited to Socrates I think. Gnostics probably got the idea from the neoplatonists, as they are heavily influenced by them.

Demiurge is an idea that comes from the ancient Greeks. I think it originally comes from the book by Plato called Timeous and was credited to Socrates I think. Gnostics probably got the idea from the neoplatonists, as they are heavily influenced by them.
When I think of the Abrahamic God I think of the Demiurge. :feelsjuice:

When I think of the Abrahamic God I think of the Demiurge. :feelsjuice:
Yeah, that’s the gnostic tradition. I didn’t know there were gnostics around today still tbh. It’s one of the 3 main traditions that emerged in Christianity, and I thought only one survived.

Yeah, that’s the gnostic tradition. I didn’t know there were gnostics around today still tbh. It’s one of the 3 main traditions that emerged in Christianity, and I thought only one survived.
My own beliefs are an infusion of both paganism and Gnosticism, I consider myself a Gnostic. :feelsjuice:

My own beliefs are an infusion of both paganism and Gnosticism, I consider myself a Gnostic. :feelsjuice:
What kind of paganism? That’s a very broad term.

I see. How do you think the Resurrection of Jesus & Empty Tomb narratives developed then?
In the official Biblical narration, the women went to his tomb and found his body was missing. I think it was probably just a grave robbing of a holy person. But who knows, there’s many miracles that happen in the Bible so this doesn’t seem out of place if it actually happened. However, that wouldn’t make him God, as even Jesus’s own brother James (who was the leader of Christianity after Jesus died) said Jesus was not divine.

Also do you happen to know the origins of Satan and Hell in Jewish thought? As Jesus was ultimately a kike I assume there must be some precedent for this belief :feelshehe:
Satan was an angel of God in Judaism who’s job was to test believers. So maybe the Christians saw all this testing of humans as going against God’s will. As for hell, that’s probably influenced from hell in Zoroastrianism or ancient Egyptian religion.

Bringing Abrahamic religion to life with a better understanding. The knowledge argument (also known as Mary’s room).

Lazarus of Bethany
Lazarus resting in the "Bosom of Abraham"

Laz people

View: https://youtu.be/hJO48AYlVEI

What is that song?

What would be the motive for stealing his body?
Desecration maybe. Who knows.

I've heard Christian apologists argue that since Jesus claimed to be the son of God, that if God raised him from the dead then his claim must have been given divine approval.
Son of god is a term that is used throughout the bible for many figures, I’ll give some quotes as examples from the Bible. It has nothing to do with someone being god or the actual biological son of god (which is blasphemy anyways, as it makes god out to be some kind of creature).

King David: Psalm 2:7:I will declare the decree: the LORD hath said unto me, Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee.

King Solomon: 1 Chronicles 22:10: He is the one who will build a house for my Name. He will be my son, and I will be his father. And I will establish the throne of his kingdom over Israel forever.

Nation of Israel: Exodus 4:22: Then say to Pharaoh, 'This is what the LORD says: Israel is my firstborn son, 23 and I told you, “Let my son go, so he may worship me.” But you refused to let him go; so I will kill your firstborn son. ' ”

I mean if he's represented as a servant of God carrying out the divine will then it's hard to see how that would eventually transform him into being an opponent of God :feelshehe:
Because he tests people to see if they will remain faithful and can overcome temptations.

The Davidic Line or House of David is the bloodline from which the Hebrew Messiah has patrilineal descent.

View: https://youtu.be/iUn7kmf9Brw

Jesus has no father according to the Bible, so where’d the Davidic line come from? Unless you admit that Joseph was his actual dad, as he was from David’s bloodline.

I see. That reminds me of a well-respected atheist New Testament scholar I've heard about named Bart Ehrman who defends the idea that Jesus never claimed to be divine.
Yes, that is a view only held by people who follow the teachings of Paul the Apostle (which is pretty much all modern Christians). Jesus’s own brother James (who was the leader of the Christian community after Jesus) said that Paul is a vain man who made up his own religion. I think Islam also agrees with this view pretty much, and say Jesus never claimed to be God.

What is that song?
English translation
Align paragraphs

MOTHER

Mother,
Come to me mother
With your own Lazuri (language)
Sing me a lullaby mother

Mother,
Come to me mother
Sing me a lullaby mother
Our lullaby will not die

When you were with me I remember
Lazuri songs you sang
So sorrowful you sang
Nani nana
Beautiful Lazuri girl I was maturing into
O nani nani, nani nani na

Now come again mother
Let's sit together again
Tell me all, speak to me mother
Nani nana
Now come again mother
Let's sit together again

Nana,
Long live our Lazuri (language)
Do fear no more mother
It will not die our lullaby mother

Mother,
I know them all mother
Cry no more mother
Sing me our lullaby mother

The Lazi (people) will sing again (like in old days)
Beautiful children they will raise again
Tulum (Lazuri bagpipe) they will play again

Nani nana,
Like our ancestors they will horon (folk dance)
O nani nani na

This year be merry mother
Let's forget all sorrow and crying
Let's sing our Lazuri lullaby mother

This isn’t the sewer

English translation
Align paragraphs

MOTHER

Mother,
Come to me mother
With your own Lazuri (language)
Sing me a lullaby mother

Mother,
Come to me mother
Sing me a lullaby mother
Our lullaby will not die

When you were with me I remember
Lazuri songs you sang
So sorrowful you sang
Nani nana
Beautiful Lazuri girl I was maturing into

Now come again mother
Let's sit together again
Nani nana
Now come again mother
Let's sit together again

Nana,
Long live our Lazuri (language)
Do fear no more mother
It will not die our lullaby mother

Mother,
I know them all mother
Cry no more mother
Sing me our lullaby mother

The Lazi (people) will sing again (like in old days)
Beautiful children they will raise again
Tulum (Lazuri bagpipe) they will play again

Nani nana,
Like our ancestors they will horon (folk dance)
O nani nani na

This year be merry mother
Let's forget all sorrow and crying
Let's sing our Lazuri lullaby mother
Confused Confusion GIF

Much of the Bible was mistranslated because it was rewritten so many times, so I painstakingly deciphered the oldest text sources available. It’s different than christard pastors, ravs and scholars think, so I bring it to life for easier understanding. Surprisingly, descendants of the different biblical tribes are still hidden in the mountains like a time capsule. They were known for wonderful music back then like today.

View: https://youtu.be/PK9onSOAN9s

View: https://youtu.be/bA0q6RNhuls

View: https://youtu.be/Nl9uWRu0fo4

Much of the Bible was mistranslated because it was rewritten so many times, so I painstakingly deciphered the oldest text sources available. It’s different than christard pastors, ravs and scholars think, so I bring it to life for easier understanding. Surprisingly, descendants of the different biblical tribes are still hidden in the mountains like a time capsule. They were known for wonderful music back then like today.

View: https://youtu.be/PK9onSOAN9s

View: https://youtu.be/bA0q6RNhuls

View: https://youtu.be/Nl9uWRu0fo4

Samaritans probably have the oldest form of the Israelite religion practiced today. Their Torahs are also in the original Hebrew script.

Last edited:
Passover is “the other side”
what would you say about "Hebrew" (עברי) being related to "passing/crossing" (עבר) Euphrates/Jordan
I know there's also the Habiru hypothesis and it's likely Old Testament names were more or less manipulated for the sake of story / folk etymology

what would you say about "Hebrew" (עברי) being related to "passing/crossing" (עבר) Euphrates/Jordan
I know there's also the Habiru hypothesis and it's likely Old Testament names were more or less manipulated for the sake of story / folk etymology
Not bragging but past that. Researchers get stuck still thinking these ppl are sand niggers, lol. I’m doing a interdisciplinary approach using modern Y-DNA analysis, linguistics, pottery, etc.

The earliest cultural Hebrews are today’s Georgians, other biblical tribes located near them include Jews and others like Nakh (Noah) tribes.

Noah people /Sodom and Gomorrah [2:52].

View: https://youtu.be/-WK51QrPJug

Georgia

View: https://youtu.be/hOfT-nfj5zI

View: https://youtu.be/BFlg-DHA5OM

Last edited:
Samaritans are imposters from Iraq
Wrong, their Torah writing is literally more ancient. The Jews (my ancestors) kept adding stuff with later prophets, but the Samaritans kept a much older form of the religion.

Not bragging but past that. Researchers get stuck still thinking these ppl are sand niggers, lol. I’m doing a interdisciplinary approach using modern Y-DNA analysis, linguistics, pottery, etc.

The earliest cultural Hebrews are today’s Georgians, other biblical tribes located near them include Jews and others like Nakh (Noah) tribes.

Noah people /Sodom and Gomorrah [2:52].

View: https://youtu.be/-WK51QrPJug

Georgia

View: https://youtu.be/hOfT-nfj5zI

View: https://youtu.be/BFlg-DHA5OM

Georgians are Caucasians, while Israelites were Afro-Asiatic family.

Wrong, their Torah writing is literally more ancient. The Jews (my ancestors) kept adding stuff with later prophets, but the Samaritans kept a much older form of the religion.

Georgians are Caucasians, while Israelites were Afro-Asiatic family.
I have the oldest going back 6,000 - 9,000 years ;).

Jews are from Caucasian Albania (today’s Azerbaijan) and parts of south Dagestan. It has been mostly Turkified but pockets of original Jews remain. Georgians are Hebrews (Japheth) who lived next to the Jews (Shem). They are brothers; both are Caucasian. Noah lived just north of them. It’s all up there…gods mount, mount Sinai, the exodus crossing, garden of eden, gomorrah, Enoch, Ashkenaz and much more. Israel is imitation, nothing but a sandbox. Near east historians believe that the Israel Monarchy didn’t even exist. The land of Goshen is not in Egypt..zero proofs! For example, the ‘Goshen‘ place name is actually ‘Ingush‘. In linguistics that’s called an inversion. I found it digging in extremely old Jewish writing found in Europe.

Caucasian Albanians
288C36A1 B3EB 4014 8E19 36B835F95B88

Ingush

View: https://youtu.be/unV4WPabeC8

Japheth
Togarmah

Last edited:
I have the oldest going back 6,000 - 9,000 years ;).

Jews are from Caucasian Albania (today’s Azerbaijan) and parts of south Dagestan. It has been mostly Turkified but pockets of original Jews remain. Georgians are Hebrews (Japheth) who lived next to the Jews (Shem). They are brothers; both are Caucasian. Noah lived just north of them. It’s all up there…gods mount, mount Sinai, the exodus crossing, garden of eden, gomorrah, Enoch, Ashkenaz and much more. Israel is imitation, nothing but a sandbox. Near east historians believe that the Israel Monarchy didn’t even exist. The land of Goshen is not in Egypt..zero proofs! For example, the ‘Goshen‘ place name is actually ‘Ingush‘. In linguistics that’s called an inversion. I found it digging in extremely old Jewish writing found in Europe.

Caucasian Albanians
View attachment 680243

Ingush

View: https://youtu.be/unV4WPabeC8

Japheth
Togarmah

1FB5B2C2 5EB5 4A28 B82C 1FCFB01F6C7D