Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Hypocrisy A condescending 2019 article shaming incels for undergoing facial reconstruction surgeries

InMemoriam

InMemoriam

Make Paragon Glowie Again
★★★★★
Titled: Oh shit, the incels have discovered cosmetic surgery

By: Britt Hayes
Source: https://www.avclub.com/oh-shit-the-incels-have-discovered-cosmetic-surgery-1835094513

Incels are fascinating. For the blissfully unaware, the term stands for “involuntarily celibate,” and though it was invented by a woman with good intentions, a bunch of misogynist dudes on Reddit swiftly claimed the label for themselves—as is the American way. Incels have created their own terminology in the dark and swampy corners of the internet, where they trade tips on how to make their wieners bigger or get ripped so they can gain access to the vaginas they are so clearly entitled to plunder. It’s a violently misogynistic community—make no mistake about that—but it also might be the least self-aware one; an entire community dedicated to the art of the self-own. Take, for instance, the latest trend among incels: Cosmetic surgery. In a feature that inspires both awe and numerous eye rolls, The Cut explores the world of incels and their desperate obsession with becoming “Chads”—a term that refers to the hyper-masculine, square-jawed physical ideal popularized by male models. The incels want to become Chads so they can conquer a “Stacey”—their term for beautiful women, the kind who only ever seem to get with Chads.

In order to become Chads, incels have anointed Indiana-based cosmetic surgeon Barry Eppley as their God. The Cut follows one incel in particular, whose online handle is (or was) “Truth4Lie” as he embarks on a multi-thousand dollar journey to obtain a Chad face. It is, in effect, a far more thrilling self-own than jelqing—the term for a technique adopted by incels who pull at their half-boners for hours on end in a fruitless attempt to make their penises bigger. Unlike jelqing, which is free (last I checked) and useless (don’t need to double-check that one), cosmetic surgery is extremely expensive and actually achieves something—superficially, at least. Men are flocking to surgeons like Eppley to have their shoulders widened, their jaws chiseled, and muscles implanted where there were none before. Using custom implants, Eppley can help incels become the Chads they’ve always wanted to be, on the outside at least.

Perhaps the most delicious moment in The Cut’s feature involves an incel with the online handle “LegendOfBrickTamland.” Incels bemoan the many “privileges” bestowed upon women (LOL!) and whine about how we’re allowed to decide who gets to enter our vaginas and when, and scoff because women are never judged for getting plastic surgery (the internet is truly a world of fantasy and delusion)... and then something kind of magical happens:

“Getting treated better after surgery feels sickening,” wrote one user, LegendOfBrickTamland. Brick had gotten a new jaw, nose, and cheekbones from a surgeon in California, costing him around $30,000, and still he was furious at women and the world. “It’s like, I am the same fucking person, and yet I am somehow better because I spent some money and had a man cut my face up. Might as well just go with prostitutes. At least it’s an honest exchange.”

On that day, LegendOfBrickTamland unwittingly stumbled upon something women have been experiencing for, oh, I don’t know, the last forever-teen thousand years. Imagine, if you will, living in a world where you constantly feel judged for your outward appearance, where you are bombarded with images of “ideal” beauty, where your entire worth is—as far as you can tell—based on what you look like and not who you actually are. Unfortunately, the incels have yet to discover the body-positivity or body-neutrality movements, nor have they considered the galaxy-brain idea that maybe—just maybe—spending tens of thousands of dollars (from where did you get this money?!) on cosmetic surgery will not change who you are on the inside. And even more unfortunately for them, who they are on the inside is toxic sludge in the shape of a man.

It’s kind of amazing that they devote so much of their time to excruciatingly futile endeavors like spending $30k to look like someone else, or yanking on their penises for hours on end instead of taking a more simple approach—like, I dunno, being better people who don’t hate women and espouse toxic and violent misogynistic bullshit. This answer has always been staring them in the face—a face that is probably just fine the way it is. And I know this because I am a woman. Physical insecurity is hardwired into my DNA. While I cannot be bothered to feel sad for these men and their expensive new faces, I can give them a piece of hard-won advice: No one gives a shit what you look like as much as you do.

Commentary: meanwhile women never receive any backlashes for their self objectification based cosmetic procedures to accumulated higher sociosexual value and exploit the system for their self centric material gain, the double standards!

I’ve seen women change more with make up than men with surgery
I've read somewhere that makeup maximizes your perceived attractiveness on a neurological level

Women are allowed to have body dysmorphic disorder. They are also allowed to fake their genes by surgeries and makeup. They are allowed to be insecure about themselves, and they are allowed to be depressed.

Men aren't allowed any of those things. You'll be shamed, your masculinity will be questioned and women will shun you. The only standard women will hold themselves onto is the double standard, fucking cunt whores

Meanwhile it's socially acceptable for foids to fraudmaxx.

I’ve seen women change more with make up than men with surgery
True, don't forget that surgery will make you look bettre, but it won't get rid of the years you missed out when you were a teenager.

Women are allowed to have body dysmorphic disorder. They are also allowed to fake their genes by surgeries and makeup. They are allowed to be insecure about themselves, and they are allowed to be depressed.

Men aren't allowed any of those things. You'll be shamed, your masculinity will be questioned and women will shun you. The only standard women will hold themselves onto is the double standard, fucking cunt whores
Men are supposed to look like ogres and never cumplain otherwise we are pussys

They are the most hypocritical. They want equality but shame men for showing any weakness. 'Patriarchy' is treating women as inferior beings :foidSoy:' but they themselves disparage men who treat them like equals.

Women doing surgery: "if she wants to do it, she does it, her body her choice" :foidSoy:
Men doing surgery : "hehe he's so ugly he has to do surgery" :foidSoy:

Why is this so shamed? I look very very better with my surgery

"Only we can decide who can get plastic surgery" - society

Women doing surgery: "if she wants to do it, she does it, her body her choice" :foidSoy:
Men doing surgery : "hehe he's so ugly he has to do surgery" :foidSoy:
If you look at it from an evolutionary point of view, I would guess it's because women don't want men to fraud their genetics. And before you say that women do it, of course they do. It benefits their sexual strategy. But if men can fraud their genetics, that doesn't benefit the female sexual strategy.

The male and female sexual strategy are at odds with one another. In order for one sex to fully enact their sexual strategy, the sexual strategy of the other sex must suffer.

If I was rich I’d get surgery too.

Fuck these whores. All the attention, all the chads in the world for them, and they still invade and demonize lonely male circles trying to escape their hellish lives.

fucking disgusting, vile whores. They need to start either being chained down or beheaded like in the old days.

The male and female sexual strategy are at odds with one another. In order for one sex to fully enact their sexual strategy, the sexual strategy of the other sex must suffer.

lol, how do you miss the point so much
she literally cites an incel, saying that the surgery led to him getting treated better, despite him not changing on the inside and her insight it
>umm… you can't change your toxic personality with a surgery :foidSoy: you must go to the-rapey instead of wasting money on surgeries, cos they don't work
the point is that the surgery literally worked, she literally quotes a post saying that and then claims the opposite based on nothing

lol, how do you miss the point so much
she literally cites an incel, saying that the surgery led to him getting treated better, despite him not changing on the inside and her insight it
>umm… you can't change your toxic personality with a surgery :foidSoy: you must go to the-rapey instead of wasting money on surgeries, cos they don't work
the point is that the surgery literally worked, she literally quotes a post saying that and then claims the opposite based on nothing
are you conflating this thread with this one