Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

You should give this Manga a read.

DeliriousMerchant

DeliriousMerchant

Lone
★★★
It's called 'The Boxer'. It isn't a typical Shonen for young male audience. I don't want to say too much, but it is a religious allegory, and beautifully-made. Boxing is used to describe life and "meaning". Honestly, I am not well-articulated in speech and I don't want to use ChatGPT. Please give it a chance. It's the best piece of fiction I read as someone who has no hope.

You didn’t even give any kind of actual clue to what it’s about

Manga is weebshit

You didn’t even give any kind of actual clue to what it’s about
Right. Apologies.

"The Boxer" explores themes of talent versus hard work, the psychological and emotional aspects of sports, and the personal growth of its characters. The art style complements the intense atmosphere, with detailed and dynamic illustrations that bring the action-packed boxing matches to life. It’s about the purpose of life, trauma, death, love, and pretty much touches on everything that gives meaning to life.
The story centres around three main characters: Yu, Injae, and Ryu - but you'll be seeing Yu for the overwhelming part.

Yu knows extremely little about how he should be interacting with the world, and virtually everyone he meets leaves an impact on him in one way or another, but even with that, the trauma he received as a result of his childhood created this nearly impenetrable barrier. Nothing matters except for what few relationships he manages to cultivate, as well as the hope instilled in him in the beginning. It's all been a journey to obtain one, the other, or both. He needs to understand that the world isn't made up of only violence, and that hope or kindness can survive. Yu's world was dominated by violence, both physical and mental. "Is hitting people fun?" is one of the first things he says when he begin to speak.

I really don't want to spoil anything. Ryu is literally Chad who falls from grace. Injae grows, his progress resembling one of those great trees you see outside, not just for the sake of trying to make himself someone he can feel proud about, but literally to not just lurch over and cry when he looks in the mirror. They all go to the same school and lead different lives, and you'll see how fate intertwines their careers which is Boxing.

Right. Apologies.

"The Boxer" explores themes of talent versus hard work, the psychological and emotional aspects of sports, and the personal growth of its characters. The art style complements the intense atmosphere, with detailed and dynamic illustrations that bring the action-packed boxing matches to life. It’s about the purpose of life, trauma, death, love, and pretty much touches on everything that gives meaning to life.
The story centres around three main characters: Yu, Injae, and Ryu - but you'll be seeing Yu for the overwhelming part.

Yu knows extremely little about how he should be interacting with the world, and virtually everyone he meets leaves an impact on him in one way or another, but even with that, the trauma he received as a result of his childhood created this nearly impenetrable barrier. Nothing matters except for what few relationships he manages to cultivate, as well as the hope instilled in him in the beginning. It's all been a journey to obtain one, the other, or both. He needs to understand that the world isn't made up of only violence, and that hope or kindness can survive. Yu's world was dominated by violence, both physical and mental. "Is hitting people fun?" is one of the first things he says when he begin to speak.

I really don't want to spoil anything. Ryu is literally Chad who falls from grace. Injae grows, his progress resembling one of those great trees you see outside, not just for the sake of trying to make himself someone he can feel proud about, but literally to not just lurch over and cry when he looks in the mirror. They all go to the same school and lead different lives, and you'll see how fate intertwines their careers which is Boxing.
340B3BE4 68D9 4B37 9DFA 65B068B120F9

Is it this?

>korean manhwa
dropped
read Punpun instead

Or shamo if you want a martial arts manga

>korean manhwa
dropped
read Punpun instead

>I read Punpun
>You read The Boxer

Do we have a deal?

I'm spreading this shit like it's the revelation. I had an epiphany.
HE told me; "Spread the Boxer to East and West, Let it be known."

Is there an anime to it?
Nope. But the fights are also hype as hell. Dude, I don't want to spoil anything for you but TRUUUUUST ME. Incel to Incel. I've never begged before but give it a chance.

no read usogui