Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Would you like to have a life like Homer in (classic) Simpsons? :)

Would you like to have a life like Homer in (classic) Simpsons? :)

• Total voters
Hoppipolla

Hoppipolla

hop on jj2
★★★★★
A kind of... normal but obviously flawed family life.

Here is the clip that I quite like watching that made me think to make this thread:

Just thought it would be an interesting question to ask!

Homer works a shitty job and has 3 kids to feed.

I'd rather be Lenny with his big ass TV from that one episode

Volcel if you wouldn't be Homer.

Um let’s see:
- having a wife that mogs you heavily, is an actual NAWALT (since it was a character created by a man and thus it’s a nearly idealized version of a woman)
- own a house 2 cars with decent job and not have to do much actual work
- have money for beercoping and then go home and fuck your wife who is much better looking than you
- have friends

Yes, if you wouldn’t take the tradfam option compared to being an incel, something’s wrong with you.
Homer is a cuck tbh. Let’s Marge boss him around and I think she even cheats on him in one episode. JFL.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Life_on_the_Fast_Lane
No it was just homer being paranoid she never cheated

Volcel if you wouldn't be Homer.

Yeah I thought that most people would say yes to this one. But then again when I made my thread about whether people thought that mentalcels existed, I thought that most people would say no... but actually most said yes!

So you can never entirely predict it which is why I thought it was still well worth making the thread!

Overall I think his life is imperfect (isn't everyone's?) but certainly good enough to make me feel fulfilled. When I was first (re)watching that clip on youtube a few years back it really got me thinking about how nice and cosy that kind of family lifestyle is.

I hope I find it myself someday :)

Yeah I thought that most people would say yes to this one. But then again when I made my thread about whether people thought that mentalcels existed, I thought that most people would say no... but actually most said yes!

So you can never entirely predict it which is why I thought it was still well worth making the thread!

Overall I think his life is imperfect (isn't everyone's?) but certainly good enough to make me feel fulfilled. When I was first (re)watching that clip on youtube a few years back it really got me thinking about how nice and cosy that kind of family lifestyle is.

I hope I find it myself someday :)
They need to rewatch the Frank Grimes episode.

He has kids. So no.

They need to rewatch the Frank Grimes episode.

Definitely!! That's quite a poignant one actually. And that moment when Frank kind of lays into Homer at his house over how he got so much "doing so little" while Frank worked so hard and now has almost nothing... it seemed very clear to me why a man like Homer would do well. He's way more outgoing, friendly and positive than Frank. Frank valued money and achievement above all else whilst Homer valued social accomplishments like a wife, family and friends, and also had the confidence to then actually have these things.

I know it's just a TV show but... you can't measure your worth as a person by how many diplomas you have hanging on your wall. Or you might end up like ol' Grimey!

a big boomer house, loyal and loving wife, 3 kids, a close social circle and a laid back boss that pays me a lot for doing jack shit?

it's a tough one tbh

Tfw you wanna be homer but you're actually moe

a big boomer house, loyal and loving wife, 3 kids, a close social circle and a laid back boss that pays me a lot for doing jack shit?

it's a tough one tbh

Post of the thread so far! :)

I would fucking hate to be that fat and stupid.

Being Flanders is where it's at.

@averageblokecel

He works at a nuclear power plant. Im guessing that pays a lot.

To answer OP. No i dont wanna be married to midge or be that low IQ.

Being Flanders is where it's at.

Yeah I like Flanders' life too :)

Although it must be said we don't know much about his friends or employment situation!

Not for me tbh

Spongebob is a better fit

I’d take that deal

it's a tough one tbh

The last 32 seasons of simpsons since 1990's Bart the Daredevil have all been Homer's coma dream.

So classic Homer is actually the real Homer

This new edgy direction in latest season is very impressive and I like how they abandoned the widescreen format to capture the classic feel.

The last 32 seasons of simpsons since 1990's Bart the Daredevil have all been Homer's coma dream.

So classic Homer is actually the real Homer

View attachment 663453

This new edgy direction in latest season is very impressive and I like how they abandoned the widescreen format to capture the classic feel.

Wow I hadn't heard about this! I'll have to check that out.

I mean, I like the widescreen look but... yeah to be honest I'd prefer something a bit more ambitious and unique.

Is that clip from it though? I think maybe that's a bit of a silly idea tbh XD

Gets away with doing nothing at work, has hot/loving wife and can indulge in his addiction every night. Yeah I'd say yes to that.