Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Gaming Would you like it if the only two games console companies from now on were Sony and Nintendo?

Would you like just having those two?

• Total voters
Hoppipolla

Hoppipolla

hop on jj2
★★★★★
As we know MS is struggling a bit in the console space atm.

I'm not too too bothered.

cant play osrs on consoles so eh

Xbox has been dead since the 360.

Xbox has been dead since the 360.

I guess it depends what MS's business model is.

Maybe they should keep Xbox as a side hustle to Windows gaming and cloud.

I guess we do also have the Steam Deck these days. That is basically a console.

As we know

Hold on, I didn't know this, I only just now heard the news. Did no one make a thread?

What really sounds weird, from what I've heard, is that Microsoft seems to wanna go multiplatform but not stop making Xboxes. And proponents are like "If you like playing with your Xbox, just keep playing with your Xbox. If you like playing with you PlayStation, you can play on your PlayStation. Who cares if there's no point in needing an Xbox?"

Hold on, I didn't know this, I only just now heard the news. Did no one make a thread?

What really sounds weird, from what I've heard, is that Microsoft seems to wanna go multiplatform but not stop making Xboxes. And proponents are like "If you like playing with your Xbox, just keep playing with your Xbox. If you like playing with you PlayStation, you can play on your PlayStation. Who cares if there's no point in needing an Xbox?"

I mean, I don't think the only point in buying a console is exclusives. Sony's exclusives are trash and people still buy PlayStations. XD

I think the main reason is convenience and portability. PCs... they're a lot of work and hard to move downstairs to the television and things like that. Plus all your personal info is on them, browser, etc. You don't necessarily want to put all that in the lounge!

It will be interesting to see if MS keep making new Xbox consoles. It might be better to just make them pre-built little gaming-focused computers with friendly interfaces.