Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious Why there is a patriarchy: because men keep society going?

Inkwell

Inkwell

Greycel
Just when looking around my town today I wonder how many things that actually keep society running is thanks to mainly one half of the population:

- Infrastructure, including all roads, bridges, mass transit: designed, maintained and built primarily by men.
- Waste industry, such as all water pipes, toilets and garbage collectors: operated and maintained primarily by men.
- Farm work, food production: done primarily by men.
- All vehicles, planes, trains: designed, maintained and built primarily by men.
- Computers and internet infrastructure: designed, maintained and built primarily by men.

I'm not a misogynist or claim women don't do anything for society. (Early) education, child rearing, (medical) care etc. come to mind. But it always annoys me that these fundamental things that actually keep society running aren't factored into the whole 'patriarchy' discussion. It's not that surprising that men make most of the decisions (or used to, depending how you look at it) when they're the ones standing in the hot sun laying down a fucking railroad.

Men do all this, and then get told by some feminists that most of the world's problems are due to them and that women are being oppressed. They don't realize all the social science stuff they talk about in college and at parties isn't even possible without men making sure they have power and can flush their fucking toilets that day.

If you destroy the patriarchy you destroy civilisation, culture, respectable social standards and overall fulfilment for men and women alike

Feminists should be sent to a remote island so they can run their own infrastructure
full