Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Blackpill Why therapy never works for truecels

SteveyStevey

SteveyStevey

Greycel
First of all, let me make a comparison between how a therapist would benefit a person vs a chiropractor. Both are beneficial, but not needed for the average person.

The session will temporarily make you feel better, but you will still feel shitty and depressed most of the time. Just like how your joints will feel good when the chiropractor is done, you will go back to feeling shitty pretty quickly because the relief is only temporary.
Talking about your problems will make anyone feel better, but when I'm talking to my therapist I feel like I'm talking to chatgpt. Good, but basic/automatic responses that are very predictable.

People (usually normies) who preach therapy often say that its benefits are undisputed. The reality is, that just like chiropractics, few people genuinely need them and their effectiveness is disputed at best for the average person. Someone with a nasty back and severe neck pain can be compared to someone with serious trauma or PTSD because such cases are rare among the general public, but these are the ones that would genuinely warrant professional help. Additionally, most people agree that therapists can help anyone (which is true). Still, chiropractics can also relieve tightness in your neck/back for any person and improve mobility in people who already have no issues with it. However, unless you have some pretty bad bone, joint, or muscle problems, most people wouldn't consider seeing a chiropractor as an essential task for his/her health.

Therapy should be viewed in the same fashion. Unless you have trauma, ptsd, an eating disorder, or you are in a very complex situation then you don't really need therapy. Just like a chiropractor, it greatly benefits a small percentage of people and may provide some helpful, but not necessary benefits for the majority, and for many, it would be just a waste of money and time.

Secondly, your average incel (sub-5, very basic personality, nothing interesting going on in his life, no complex emotional problems) would not benefit from therapy. Your average therapy-goer nowadays is someone with "depression" or "anxiety". Which is simply the result of non-conformity behaviours relating to social norms.
This post does a great job explaining this concept so I don't have much to add. In an incels case, these non-conformity behaviours are incurable. An incel cannot conform to society, even the average man has trouble with this.

People who receive therapy and say it helps (excluding people with severe problems) often fit the social standard of acceptability which cures their "mental illness".

Last edited:
No therapy for your bones. No therapy for your neurodivergence or the fact that women and society uniformly detest neurodivergents. No therapy for not being in the top 1% or 0.01% of men that is a requirement for living a good life in the current year.

Gaslighting is a temporary mental buff that withers away in the absence of evidence.

therapy is to let the rapist gaslight you and paying him money for it.

I think I have CPTSD from people laughing at my looks and autistic behaviour since childhood. But even in my case I don’t see how therapy could help.

Chiropractors are scam artists, but not as big of a fraud as the-rapists.

a therapist will never love you or actually personally care about you

you might as well be talking to a robot

Dnr+therapy is for fags

Therapy especially doesn't work when the therapist is fake. Zero personality, there for the money, bullshit answers etc.

Just give me a social circle, and some money. Sheesh.

But than again, who am I kidding? They are not genies.

Therapy cannot help anyone with low social value.

we know this, its also very hot in the summer time.

Therapy could be helpful as:
1. just a place to vent or talk to someone if you're socially deprived, probably a waste of money for most people
2. get opinions about your life and situation from an outsider who has no personal bias or agenda towards you, but probably a waste of money for most people
3. someone to point out your blind spots that you can then consider and work on, but most therapists dont do this either or their advice are very obvious and you didn't need someone with a degree to tell you that

Therapy is helpful for people who just want an emotional prostitute to dump their emotions on, or people who have a huge lack of self awareness. Otherwise most times it's useless. What most people really need is:

1. better external environment or better treatment from the people around them, and often this is out of the person's control. Your height and looks are included in this. Plastic surgery and dressing better will probably do more for your life than talking to someone for $200/hour a week.
2. get out of poverty
3. serious help with trauma (most therapists suck at this though and suck at recognizing what needs to be worked on)

In my experience, therapists are only concerned with 2 things:

1. That you're employed
2. You're not killing other people

If you're employed, they think the rest of your problems aren't real. If you're unemployed, that's the only thing they focus on.

therapy is for women having a depressive episode

@Therapywasaaste