Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Blackpill Why Neoteny Make Women More Attractive Than Men - (blackpill analysis)

I think attributing the looks as causal is kind of dangerous. We don't know why people find neoteny attractive.
Also odd: Children are the most neotenous humans yet almost nobody wants to fuck them. Or puppies. Yes, there is huge overlap in how Children, Women and Puppies are treated, but that's just an observation. Why that is can only be vaguely inferred.

Some people even get angry from observing neoteny. Look up cuteness aggression, a studied phenomenon on this. Also, there are cultures and times where people's neotenous instincts don't seem to work.

Take how the Chinese eat cats. Or the long history of child murder humans have. It's used to be acceptable to kill toddlers in the ancient world, they were not seen as human by society.

Or how it used to be ok until just decades ago to wear fur coats made from baby seals that were clubbed into a pulp with sticks so the leather would be preserved.

Similar to the cuteness aggression phenomenon, some people also experience what others see as simply neotenous as uncanny and creepy.

Good examples again are people grossed out by cats. Another is monkeys. There used to be monkey torture videos on yt with 1000s of people cheering in the comments. They said monkeys were creepy and deserved pain.

Maybe Chinese people hate cats because Asians are themselves the most neotenous race, and so their threshold for neoteny is much higher than in the west. A neotenous female from the west looks like an ogre in Asia. And an Asian girl in the west looks like a teenager.

So a cat in Asia would be less neotenous compared to the population there than in the west. Maybe this mitigates the effect of "cutenness" and thus Chinese people have an easier time hating them.

This could also explain child labor in Asia. If humans determine your maturation stage by your looks, and Asians are the most neotenous race, then it stands to reason that Asians see younger children as mature earlier than westerners.
Westerners are not neotenous so we see a 10 year old asian child working in a factory with enhanced Asian neoteny as even worse than we would a western child in the same position.

However the Asians there probably perceive that child more like we perceive a 13-15 year old teenager because the child's neoteny shrinks relative to its environment, where literally everyone is giga neotenous.

So while I think neoteny definitely exists and has a huge influence on how people treat each other, I think saying neoteny = better is kind of a jump. It's like saying a cheese burger is better food because more people eat it. While it's true that many people eat it, nobody would commit to the non-sequitur that this makes it a "better" food. Unless you are in the actual business of selling them and thus your metric in this specific case is units sold.

All we can say is that neoteny influences human judgement and behavior. Is that good? Well from our perspective not necessarily because it allows women to be irresponsible like children besides additional problems. However this is a value judgement and completely Arbitrary. For instance if I went "children should be afforded the priviliges of neoteny because they are children" that would be circular Reasoning. It would also imply a spectrum of how kids should be treated based on respective neoteny, i.e. Girls and Asian children should be treated the best and less neotenous kids worse.

So for a criteria on how to treat others, neoteny proofs to be Arbitrary. Further it is a fallacy to go from looks to ethical laws. So looking neotenous is not "better."

Anyway just my thoughts.

Last edited: