Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Why is stuff in the corner store so expensive ?

Reclusemaxxer

Reclusemaxxer

-
Corner store food is so expensive like dang I just want some junk food so I can go back home and rot in my room

Those places are usually privately owned shops run by local family who buys or makes deals with companies to sell stuff their but in order to make a profit they mark up prices. That's why gallon of milk at grocery store could cost you 2.99 but at corner store it's like 5 dollarss

Those places are usually privately owned shops run by local family who buys or makes deals with companies to sell stuff their but in order to make a profit they mark up prices. That's why gallon of milk at grocery store could cost you 2.99 but at corner store it's like 5 dollarss
Over for cornerstorecels

Over for cornerstorecels
corner store near me is like less than a quarter mile of a walk but their prices are so bad (burritos pretty tasty for the price honestly) that i usually end up just going to the actual grocery store who is like 3/4 a mile away

corner store near me is like less than a quarter mile of a walk but their prices are so bad (burritos pretty tasty for the price honestly) that i usually end up just going to the actual grocery store who is like 3/4 a mile away
How are they ever selling anything if it’s so expensive?

Capitalism destroys everything you hold dear like buying a bag of Cheetos and an iced tea to food cope

People looking for something quickly who don't want to or can't drive to the store, they don't need to sell much since their operating costs are low (usually the owner or their family doing all the work) and their profit margins are high. They exist mainly in so called "food desert" neighborhoods where grocery stores are far away.

People looking for something quickly who don't want to or can't drive to the store, they don't need to sell much since their operating costs are low (usually the owner or their family doing all the work) and their profit margins are high. They exist mainly in so called "food desert" neighborhoods where grocery stores are far away.
Doesn’t seem far away for you though.

You are paying for convenience. It takes 30 seconds to run in 7-11 and grab a soda or candy bar, but like 10 minutes to do that in a full size grocery store.

They mostly made their sells from their butcher shop area, and the main convenient like store area. Most people went in there to buy a bag of cheetos or candy. Or something. They also sold brooms and other cleaning and house supply like things. They shut down or sold out a year or 2 ago i think. They also dealt with a lot of grey area items, many foods and things not allowed in the US. Kinder eggs for instance lol. And huge amounts of Candy and snacks that appear to originate from mexico or that were in spanish and mainly marketed to spanish children.

Blacks hate that middle easterners, indians, and korean immigrants open up these corner stores in the hood and take advantage of the black people's laziness and poor money management. Ever notice how black people always have disabled plackards even when theyre not disabled? Or how they tend to leave shopping carts in the middle of the parking lot? If you think about these two things I just said, just assume that these convenience store owners love blacks (when theyre not getting robbed)

If you patronize those corner stores several times or more a year, thats a lot of money that you could have saved.