Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious Why do women always give me that nervous laugh/chuckle?

J

jaded mixedcel

Greycel
I’ve noticed most times I have casual interactions with foids, they’ll pair that nervous laugh/giggle along with “bye”, “take care”, or any form of parting greeting, after I say the most normal, non-profound thing ever. Wasn’t even trying to make them laugh. Ngl I am a little awkward sometimes, but not a full on sperg that sends them running for the hills. I would say I have base level social skills as I work in sales and human interaction is a major requirement.

Anyone have any insight on this phenomenon?

You are low trust

sounds like they don't know you too well

Bones Smirk GIF by Funimation

Ara ara

I don't have fantastic social skills but I see this as essentially "filler" because people are uncomfortable with silence or with emotional ambiguity. For example how people will end every sentence with "lol" despite not actually laughing. And actually that's exactly what's happening in the example interactions you gave. Lol.

I don't have fantastic social skills but I see this as essentially "filler" because people are uncomfortable with silence or with emotional ambiguity. For example how people will end every sentence with "lol" despite not actually laughing. And actually that's exactly what's happening in the example interactions you gave. Lol.
That actually makes a lot of sense considering I’m not the biggest jokester or charismamaxxer in my everyday interactions. I’m a pretty deadpan/flat kind of guy.

do you happen to be a stoic autist because I am and I get this reaction all the time. normies hate people who don't show emotion

do you happen to be a stoic autist because I am and I get this reaction all the time. normies hate people who don't show emotion
Super stoic borderline autistic. Even when I try to display emotion I can never emulate normie frequencies.

That actually makes a lot of sense considering I’m not the biggest jokester or charismamaxxer in my everyday interactions. I’m a pretty deadpan/flat kind of guy.
Same here, I'm pretty flat and monotonous most of the time. I hadn't even considered I might elicit that kind of response more because of that but it completely makes sense.

Bc you are not Chad

Same here, I'm pretty flat and monotonous most of the time. I hadn't even considered I might elicit that kind of response more because of that but it completely makes sense.
To foids, emotionless = rapist/serial killer.
So they fake laugh to alleviate tension. Over :feelsrope:

if you have a hideous face they might laugh/chuckle to relieve the tension because they're scared of what you might do to them

if you have a hideous face they might laugh/chuckle to relieve the tension because they're scared of what you might do to them
I’m not hideous by any means but also far from Chad. My monotonous aura and 5’8 stature most certainly isn’t doing me any favors however.

Users who are viewing this thread

shape1
shape2
shape3
shape4
shape5
shape6
Back