Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion why do normies love to appropriate culture?

kanyepilled

kanyepilled

Pažarskis
★★★★
57d 2h 47m
unless it's culture of brown people, normies love to just mindlessly hop on a trend that takes from something they have no association with.

necklaces with a cross pendant are incredibly popular with tik tok "fashion" people, despite so many of them not being Christian at all.

i really couldn't care that they do this, but it's just strange

iamsubhuman

iamsubhuman

5'4 incel at Fakecels.is
★★
21d 20h 23m
they think it makes them seem different and quirky, like normies using manosphere lingo "based and redpilled :soy:"

AnotherInsertCel

AnotherInsertCel

Major
★★★
37d 1h 40m
kanyepilled

kanyepilled

Pažarskis
★★★★
57d 2h 47m
iamsubhuman said:
they think it makes them seem different and quirky, like normies using manosphere lingo "based and redpilled :soy:"
ngl that actually does grind my gears tbh

i see normies using so much of that terminology but then will turn around and shit on us

lemon21

lemon21

Autumn Cicada
★★
2d 3h 25m
Anime is mainstream now... would you believe it? before girls made fun of you for watching "cartoons" but now they are all over L from Death note... sigh fucking normans

OscarAllius

OscarAllius

progrockcel
★★★
2d 20h 9m
iamsubhuman said:
for some reason, here in brazil there has been an epidemy of using "cringe" (and "based", but to a lesser extent), it was so grave that even boomers started using these terms

SoloAlex

SoloAlex

I hate privileged people
★★★
45d 3h 52m
You mean like calling yourself kanyepilled?

0Energy0Happyness

0Energy0Happyness

Depressive and Deathnic
★★★
36d 8h 7m
everything mainstream is garbage

kanyepilled

kanyepilled

Pažarskis
★★★★
57d 2h 47m
lemon21 said:
Anime is mainstream now... would you believe it? before girls made fun of you for watching "cartoons" but now they are all over L from Death note... sigh fucking normans
true. i remember watching fmab with my brother in like 2011 and thinking it was weird but eventually i started to like it

SoloAlex said:
You mean like calling yourself kanyepilled?
how

kampman

kampman

Wizard
★★★★★
152d 1h 25m
Normies usually don't have much of a culture of their own. I guess having a hive mind does this.
That's why they have to appropriate everything that seems to be cool to them.

GluePrittCel

GluePrittCel

Recruit
★★★★
5d 16h 14m
lemon21 said:
This is true. In other time average Becky would have ridiculizaced these japanese cartoons.
Foids can't think by themselves. They can only follow what is mainstream or not.

sckicksal345

sckicksal345

humanity is a disgusting wretched depraved species
★★★
55d 1h 21m
I never been so offended as when i see normies using lingo such as "chad, and based" stop stealing my lingo :feelsUgh:

Tiredpoorcel

Tiredpoorcel

And we'll die, waiting for a new day.
54d 5h 7m
Normies, it's literally in their name. They follow the norm.

shape1
shape2
shape3
shape4
shape7
shape8