Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Why do normies act like therapy is the be all/end all of our problems?

mariaimdrunk

mariaimdrunk

Recruit
★★★★★
Yes, I'm sure the therapist will bless me with a wide social circle of caring friends and a girlfriend who loves me. A big dick too. Not only will that happen, but the effects of years of isolation will be wiped clean and I will be a smiling fool wherever I go.

The reality is this: There is nothing a therapist can do but apply buzzwords to your mental state, feed you platitudes that you've already heard, and refer you to a psychiatrist. If you're lucky, you can get placed on an antidepressant that is either a placebo or something that will make you fucked up and distant in a bad way.

I hate the goddamn mystique that surrounds therapy like it's some kind of magic wave-the-pendulum-and-viola cure-all; like I'll come out of that office and say "woah, dude, my negative thoughts were just a self-fulfilling prophecy all along. I need to call my mother and tell her I love her!"

Fuck.

Not to mention if the terapiss is a femoid, less likely to understand your problems. waste of money

They know the only real cope for you is SSRI's. The idea is to put you in a dreamlike 3rd person state where you just go through the motions and forget about your subhumanity and hope you don't go ER while dissociated.

Not to mention if the terapiss is a femoid, less likely to understand your problems. waste of money
Right. Women literally can't understand an incel's predicament, so you'll get even worse platitudes than normal. Did I mention that you have to pay for it too? Lol.

most normies have never been to therapy in the first place so they're just assuming things

They know the only real cope for you is SSRI's. The idea is to put you in a dreamlike 3rd person state where you just go through the motions and forget about your subhumanity and hope you don't go ER while dissociated.

I wanted to go to the one really good psychiatrist, man, but he won't help me - their work is mainly for the bluepilled.

The assumption is that a therapist will be able to point out flaws in your reasonings that you can't see for yourself. Because for normies, obviously, if you think you're too ugly to live, your thinking is necessarily flawed.

In my experience, these flaws can exist but they are caused by low mood and you're way better off taking anti-depressants than going to therapy. Therapy attempts to correct a problem in hardware through software.