Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Why Do Looks Matter Outside Of Sexual Attraction?

• Thread starter universallyabhorred
  • Start date
universallyabhorred

universallyabhorred

Banned
-
It is reasonable that a female would be attracted to a male with facial aesthetics that would provide an advantage to the survival of her offspring, hence she is more willing to copulate with a man possessing better facial aesthetics. However what disturbs me is how important face is in other areas of life, where having a good looking face provides no advantage. One's social status, reputation, and the fluidity of interactions with others are all greatly influenced by face, even areas where competence should greatly outweight aesthetics such as employment and income, are still affected by one's face. How one is treated and perceived, and the first impression, one creates, which is long lasting , are almost entirely based on looks as well. This makes me wonder why the halo and failo effect exists when ugly men are no more likely to have worse character, intelligence or potential than an attractive male. What is the evolutionary purpose behind tormenting unattractive males their entire lives, along with excluding them from nearly every single form of connection that people share between each other?

Last edited:
I think it might be because humanity as a whole is programmed to ensure the propagation of superior genetics. If a chad or normie can prevent an incel from becoming successful, it erases any chance that incel could potentially have to pass on his inferior genetics through moneymaxxing.

Easy. Social Darwinism.

It is reasonable that a female would be attracted to a male with facial aesthetics that would provide an advantage to the survival of her offspring, hence she is more willing to copulate with a man possessing better facial aesthetics. However what disturbs me is how important face is in other areas of life, where having a good looking face provides no advantage. One's social status, reputation, and the fluidity of interactions with others are all greatly influenced by face, even areas where competence should greatly outweight aesthetics such as employment and income, are still affected by one's face. How one is treated and perceived, and the first impression, one creates, which is long lasting , are almost entirely based on looks as well. This makes me wonder why the halo and failo effect exists when ugly men are no more likely to have worse character, intelligence or potential than an attractive male. What is the evolutionary purpose behind tormenting unattractive males their entire lives, along with excluding them from nearly every single form of connection that people share between each other?
Looks (especially facial structure) are a good indicator of athleticism and overall genetic health

Looks (especially facial structure) are a good indicator of athleticism and overall genetic health
This. It's easier to make a quick judgement based off of looks instead of getting to know someone. This is the process behind racism too

THIS. JUST FUCKING THIS.

May I quote some points you made here for an essay on here?

Just fuck life.

I think it might be because humanity as a whole is programmed to ensure the propagation of superior genetics. If a chad or normie can prevent an incel from becoming successful, it erases any chance that incel could potentially have to pass on his inferior genetics through moneymaxxing.

Hit the nail on the head. Society doesn't want ugly men to succeed or ascend in any way, shape or form. They don't even want you to looksmax. If you mention getting surgery or even something like going to a dermatologist they'll discourage it by telling you that you're fine or shame you for being "vain".

Holy fuck. This is both genius and cruel.

Yes, everyone makes inferences about everything from physiognomy.

Yep, just watch the video called "blizzard hired me" from a femoid moron

And you guessed it, she does the most replace-able work ever AKA coding

Because people generally like looking at nice things. You'd rather look at a diamond than a turd even though they have no sexual relevance.