Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion Why did Men collectively forget what Women are like? (Ancient Wisdom VS Male Feminists)

cvh1991

cvh1991

Legend
Whether it’s Islam, Christianity, Confucianism, or Philosophers it’s apparent men long ago and even across cultures came to similar conclusions about what women were like as a group.

>Women and people of low birth are very hard to deal with. If you are friendly to them, they get out of hand, and if you keep your distance, they resent it.”
—Confucius

>While I was still searching but not finding— I found one upright man among a thousand, but not one upright woman among them all.”
—Ecclesiastes 7:28

>Therefore the righteous women are devoutly obedient, and guard in (the husband’s) absence what God would have them guard.
—Quran 4:1

> “Sahih al-Bukhari 29
The Prophet (ﷺ) said: "I was shown the Hell-fire and that the majority of its dwellers were women who were ungrateful
."

Schopenhauer below (and there is a ton more of course, we’ve had whole threads of ancient views showing what people thought). And of course anytime you see this stuff discussed on mainstream forums or places like Reddit everyone dismisses it as the ramblings of an irrational people.

> “The fundamental defect of the female character is a lack of a sense of justice. This originates first and foremost in their want of rationality and capacity for reflexion but it is strengthened by the fact that, as the weaker sex, they are driven to rely not on force but on cunning: hence their instinctive subtlety and their ineradicable tendency to tell lies: for, as nature has equipped the lion with claws and teeth, the elephant with tusks, the wild boar with fangs, the bull with horns and the cuttlefish with ink, so it has equipped woman with the power of dissimulation as her means of attack and defence, and has transformed into this gift all the strength it has bestowed on man in the form of physical strength and the power of reasoning. Dissimulation is thus inborn in her and consequently to be found in the stupid woman almost as often as in the clever one. To make use of it at every opportunity is as natural to her as it is for an animal to employ its means of defence whenever it is attacked, and when she does so she feels that to some extent she is only exercising her rights. A completely truthful woman who does not practice dissimulation is perhaps an impossibility, which is why women see through the dissimulation of others so easily it is inadvisable to attempt it with them. – But this fundamental defect which I have said they possess, together with all that is associated with it, gives rise to falsity, unfaithfulness, treachery, ingratitude, etc. Women are guilty of perjury far more often than men. It is questionable whether they ought to be allowed to take an oath at all.
—Arthur Schopenhauer

>All truth passes through three stages: First, it is ridiculed; second, it is violently opposed; and third, it is accepted as self-evident.”
—Arthur Schopenhauer

I included that last one to show that being part of the majority doesn’t mean you’re right. Incels very well may simply be ahead of the curve.

Anyway, I think the answer is just that the way men are raised now were taught different things. And women raise men in school by and large not other men. And if men tried to say anything like this western societies immediately dish out consequences whether or social or financial. Isn’t it interesting how different societies and religions all came to more or less the same conclusions? But I guess they’re just dumb bigots :feelsseriously: Seriously what a weak cop out. It’s as if every redditor never stopped to ask themselves if that’s actually what matters. Well, it doesn’t. What matters is whether it’s true or to what extent.

Last edited:
I think it started with the abolishment of aristocracy, which in turn made people equal on paper, this in turn forced foids to work which presented a logical problem "Why shouldn't foids have the same rights as men if they work like men do?".

Men know what women are like

But men just like women act on instinct and are addicted to sex and women

Men's relationship with women isn't logical, it's based on emotion and attraction, if you weren't attracted to women you wouldn't care what are they like
Yeah, you’re probly right at least for a lot of guys. They’re just smart enough not to open their mouth in an environment that would punish them for stating their view.

On the other hand, I do think a lot of men do drink the feminist koolaid. If they didn’t then why didn’t fathers teach their sons?

I meet men rather consistently that publicly espouse very feminist views and would deny these ancient blurbs. There are also men that simp and white knight for women anonymously on forums so I think their views seem real.

That I chock up to top down all the indoctrination that goes on in western countries now and how you’re socially rewarded for “standing up for women and feminism” or that very least you’re harshly criticized and sustain damage to your reputation if you say believe things like this.

The other thing I find baffling is how even religious groups are retconning and backing down on these fronts. For example, how can you be a Christian who believes the Bible is true and that it’s the word of god but then you don’t believe in hell for unbelievers and you reject entire sections like the ones about women in the new and Old Testament or the ones about gays? Oh they come up with their reasons but they’re flimsy reasons to justify what is in effect a retcon to make modern people feel better. How it seems to me at least.

I think it started with the abolishment of aristocracy, which in turn made people equal on paper, this in turn forced foids to work which presented a logical problem "Why shouldn't foids have the same rights as men if they work like men do?".
Frankly we never should’ve moved away from the nuclear family structure and women shouldn’t have gone into the corporate work force en masse.

Nobody is having kids because wages have been ground to dust and because women have been taught that being a corporate drone instead of a mother is “empowering”. It is a fact that women who pursue higher education and careers have fewer to no kids and our society in general has gone through a weird phase where motherhood has been heavily undervalued.

Basically top down things have been going wrong for awhile and it started with the erosion of values and with people with incorrect world views for what works being put in charge then those people spread their putrid bile to everyone else and if you say different you’re treated like a pariah.

Perhaps I’m wrong about some of that but the failure of leadership and teaching people the wrong things at a young age and a focus on lining the pockets of the “owners” led us down this path seems to me.

Good post.

Idk how the fuck the 19th amendment got passed...
Thanks man. I expect it’s because men didn’t foresee the long term consequences and already “got theirs”. That and owners saw an opportunity to make themselves wealthier no doubt. I suppose I can only speculate, but it is interesting to think on. Normal people think we’re the crazy ones for even questioning this stuff but people 80 years ago would think it’s the modern people that are terrible. And they wouldn’t be wrong about everything, for example, how people are expected to go along with compelled speech and play pretend that a trans woman is a real woman is a certified modern day emperors new clothes.

Leftists seem to think “the arc of progress” is always constant but it definitely isn’t. Sometimes you make progress then you fuck up and make a catastrophic misstep.

Because the West has abandoned religion + feminist propaganda helped the image of women

Frankly we never should’ve moved away from the nuclear family structure and women shouldn’t have gone into the corporate work force en masse.

Nobody is having kids because wages have been ground to dust and because women have been taught that being a corporate drone instead of a mother is “empowering”. It is a fact that women who pursue higher education and careers have fewer to no kids and our society in general has gone through a weird phase where motherhood has been heavily undervalued.

Basically top down things have been going wrong for awhile and it started with the erosion of values and with people with incorrect world views for what works being put in charge then those people spread their putrid bile to everyone else and if you say different you’re treated like a pariah.

Perhaps I’m wrong about some of that but the failure of leadership and teaching people the wrong things at a young age and a focus on lining the pockets of the “owners” led us down this path seems to me.
I still think that the reality is that low birth rates started because of social media and foids just having infinite money and infinite chads.

Thanks man. I expect it’s because men didn’t foresee the long term consequences and already “got theirs”. That and owners saw an opportunity to make themselves wealthier no doubt. I suppose I can only speculate, but it is interesting to think on.
True. Another potential thing is that life was becoming easer, meaning foids started having too much time think and complain about their issues. They get their way through manipulation and crocodile tears, I'm guessing it was similar back then too.

Normal people think we’re the crazy ones for even questioning this stuff but people 80 years ago would think it’s the modern people that are terrible. And they wouldn’t be wrong about everything, for example, how people are expected to go along with compelled speech and play pretend that a trans woman is a real woman is a certified modern day emperors new clothes.
Yeah. When you think about it, it's insane that people think their ancestors going back thousands of years were all retarded, and that only they themselves are the correct ones. Even though they didn't have modern tech, there's a lot of wisdom our ancestors had. Or maybe just common sense, like not giving foids power.

Leftists seem to think “the arc of progress” is always constant but it definitely isn’t. Sometimes you make progress then you fuck up and make a catastrophic misstep.
For sure. Everything's been going backwards for the last many years.

I still think that the reality is that low birth rates started because of social media and foids just having infinite money and infinite chads.
Good point that’s at least a part of it

Good post.

Idk how the fuck the 19th amendment got passed...
see
Yeah the views shown by OP r just a few philosophers so not necessarily what the common person thought. As u said ppl didn't have a good reason to not let foids vote cuz the avg person wasn't blackpilled. I think dictatorship is superior to democracy since it's a de facto patriarchy

Whether it’s Islam, Christianity, Confucianism, or Philosophers it’s apparent men long ago and even across cultures came to similar conclusions about what women were like as a group.

>Women and people of low birth are very hard to deal with. If you are friendly to them, they get out of hand, and if you keep your distance, they resent it.”
—Confucius

>While I was still searching but not finding— I found one upright man among a thousand, but not one upright woman among them all.”
—Ecclesiastes 7:28

>Therefore the righteous women are devoutly obedient, and guard in (the husband’s) absence what God would have them guard.
—Quran 4:1

> “Sahih al-Bukhari 29
The Prophet (ﷺ) said: "I was shown the Hell-fire and that the majority of its dwellers were women who were ungrateful
."

Schopenhauer below (and there is a ton more of course, we’ve had whole threads of ancient views showing what people thought). And of course anytime you see this stuff discussed on mainstream forums or places like Reddit everyone dismisses it as the ramblings of an irrational people.

> “The fundamental defect of the female character is a lack of a sense of justice. This originates first and foremost in their want of rationality and capacity for reflexion but it is strengthened by the fact that, as the weaker sex, they are driven to rely not on force but on cunning: hence their instinctive subtlety and their ineradicable tendency to tell lies: for, as nature has equipped the lion with claws and teeth, the elephant with tusks, the wild boar with fangs, the bull with horns and the cuttlefish with ink, so it has equipped woman with the power of dissimulation as her means of attack and defence, and has transformed into this gift all the strength it has bestowed on man in the form of physical strength and the power of reasoning. Dissimulation is thus inborn in her and consequently to be found in the stupid woman almost as often as in the clever one. To make use of it at every opportunity is as natural to her as it is for an animal to employ its means of defence whenever it is attacked, and when she does so she feels that to some extent she is only exercising her rights. A completely truthful woman who does not practice dissimulation is perhaps an impossibility, which is why women see through the dissimulation of others so easily it is inadvisable to attempt it with them. – But this fundamental defect which I have said they possess, together with all that is associated with it, gives rise to falsity, unfaithfulness, treachery, ingratitude, etc. Women are guilty of perjury far more often than men. It is questionable whether they ought to be allowed to take an oath at all.
—Arthur Schopenhauer

>All truth passes through three stages: First, it is ridiculed; second, it is violently opposed; and third, it is accepted as self-evident.”
—Arthur Schopenhauer

I included that last one to show that being part of the majority doesn’t mean you’re right. Incels very well may simply be ahead of the curve.

Anyway, I think the answer is just that the way men are raised now were taught different things. And women raise men in school by and large not other men. And if men tried to say anything like this western societies immediately dish out consequences whether or social or financial. Isn’t it interesting how different societies and religions all came to more or less the same conclusions? But I guess they’re just dumb bigots :feelsseriously: Seriously what a weak cop out. It’s as if every redditor never stopped to ask themselves if that’s actually what matters. Well, it doesn’t. What matters is whether it’s true or to what extent.
Two words are enough to describe the reason behind the suffering of the current heterosexual man

Last edited:
mass formation psychosis

Men know what women are like, but men just like women act on instinct and are addicted to sex and women

Men's relationship with women isn't logical, it's based on emotions and attraction, if you weren't attracted to women you wouldn't care what they're like

Lots of shitty demographics in the world but you don't care about them and don't write posts about them because you aren't attracted to them

No matter how demonic women become men will always tolerate them because we WANT them
We are simply slaves to biology

Men know what women are like, but men just like women act on instinct and are addicted to sex and women

Men's relationship with women isn't logical, it's based on emotions and attraction, if you weren't attracted to women you wouldn't care what they're like

Lots of shitty demographics in the world but you don't care about them and don't write posts about them because you aren't attracted to them

No matter how demonic women become men will always tolerate them because we WANT them
To an extent , no one will tolerate a woman forever

Had a relatively positive experience with women (normies who got dates in highschool, have female friends etc) so they became soft and forgiving to women, don't forget that men are the forgiving
This more likely

Yep, those people actually think all noteworthy civilizations, cultures, religions and philosophies got it wrong for millenia and only now they, the enlightened male feminists from Reddit, finally got it right. And to boot, when massive evidence that giving women that much freedom and licentiousness was a terrible idea quickly piles up, they still ignore it.

Those people's maxim is basically "women's tingles über alles". So what if our whole civilization crumbles because of it.

Last edited:
Yep, those people actually think all noteworthy civilizations, cultures, religions and philosophies got it wrong for millenia and only now they, the enlightened male feminists from Reddit, finally got it right. And to boot, when massive evidence that giving women that much freedom and licentiousness was a terrible idea quickly piles up, they still ignore it.

Those people's maxim is basically "women's tingles über alles". So what if our whole civilization crumbles because of it.
Well said man, you explained that perfectly