Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious Why aren't there anime adaptations of classics from western literature?

Mainländer

Mainländer

Songwritercel
★★★★★
I like anime but tbqh most plots and plot developments are pretty poor in like 90%+ of them. Especially the endings, the only good ending I ever saw in an anime was Gunbuster's.

The real selling point of anime is its a e s t h e t i c s, so why not adapt great stories from the classics from literature? Then we'd get the best of both worlds.

Of course the japs could throw in some loli shit or something as a bonus to make it even better.

Nabokov's "Lolita", and no need to add anything ¦>
Western ecranisations suck, and even harmfull in ideologicall way

I think my favorite anime that came to "plot" was definitely Death Note, but the drawing style wasn't very "anime looking" which is why I assume nearly every normie has seen it. You're right there are hardly any animes with the "anime aesthetic" that have a universally good plot.

I think my favorite anime that came to "plot" was definitely Death Note, but the drawing style wasn't very "anime looking" which is why I assume nearly every normie has seen it. You're right there are hardly any animes with the "anime aesthetic" that have a universally good plot.
Death Note's plot was indeed way above average for an anime. But I dropped it anyway on episode 19 or so (after they moved to that other building).

Imagine a story like "Lolita" like Napoleon said above, but with K-On aesthetics???

Death Note's plot was indeed way above average for an anime. But I dropped it anyway on episode 19 or so (after they moved to that other building).

Imagine a story like "Lolita" like Napoleon said above, but with K-On aesthetics???

Yeah the ending of Deathnote was a let down compared to how well it started. So I guess there still isn't an anime that comes to mind that has adapted a good plot with the aspects of anime that we like (lolis :feelsokman:).

Not sure what Lolita is. Worth checking out?

So I guess there still isn't an anime that comes to mind that has adapted a good plot with the aspects of anime that we like (lolis :feelsokman:).
I'm still to watch some good loli anime but there are two good loli mangas I've read. First is Kodomo No Jikan, probably the best loli manga ever, I highly recommend. It has an anime adaptation but it only covers like 1/10 of the story.

Second is Miman Renai, very cute, the ending is a bit too politically correct but even then it's very good.

Lolita is a Russian book, I liked it, I'd recommend it as well.

Yeah the ending of Deathnote was a let down compared to how well it started. So I guess there still isn't an anime that comes to mind that has adapted a good plot with the aspects of anime that we like (lolis :feelsokman:).

Not sure what Lolita is. Worth checking out?
lolita is awesome definitely read it or watch the movie by kubrick

i dont know br0

Of course the japs could throw in some loli shit or something as a bonus to make it even better.
sub 80 IQ fanservicecel.
Also the premise of an adaptation of a western classic just sounds plain boring imo.

sub 80 IQ fanservicecel.
Why? The best anime have fanservice. Gunbuster is my favorite one, I unironically think it has the best plot of the history of anime and it has tons of fanservice.

Like, why watch the heroine do some epic shit while you can watch that AND see her cute titties as well?

Also the premise of an adaptation of a western classic just sounds plain boring imo.
Do you think anime plots are good on average?

I would watch it if there was anime adaptation of scarface

We should get loli adaptations of old Chinese kung fu movies as well.

You should watch the anime adaptation of the Count of Montecristo
Also back in the 70's it was more common to find anime adaptations of western works like Anne of the green gables and A Dog of Flanders, but nowadays nips barely give a shit about western works

There are,they're just different and weird.

Someone already posted one of Romeo and Juliet, can you post more? Bonus for recent ones.

I don't know modern anime based in western literature but there are some old anime.
The treasure island adaptation was cool

I was just about to say Fate series but is more about other type of literally, historically and folklore
Is that based on some western book? I didn't know tbh.

Is that based on some western book? I didn't know tbh.
It's more like bring King Arthur, Joan of Arc, Shakespeare, Greeks heroes and etc back to life to make a battle royale while we explain their stories in the background and also they sometimes change their genders:feelstrash:

I think Don Quixote is the best candidate for an anime adaptation.

Japs really can't write a good ending if their life depended on it. It's one of the reasons why I don't watch anime all that much anymore.
They definitely should do more historical and western novel-based stuff. Some of my favourite manga are based on real historical figures / events (Historie and Wolfsmund, highly recommended). I guess japs just aren't very interested in anything that has no relation to glorious Nippon

Japs really can't write a good ending if their life depended on it.
I've always noticed that, I was impressed with how much they sucked at it tbh. But then I saw Gunbuster.

There is some manga like that but i guess they are just lazy.

They have and still do. It never ends well.