Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Experiment who on these forums is closes to achieving a 1-armed pull-up?

HeOweGoreWrath

HeOweGoreWrath

Paragon
★★★★★
I'm assuming none of us are Chad enough to achieve a feat like this but I know a decent amount can do chins, which made me wonder, based on doing weighted chins or higher-than-bodyweight lat-pulldowns (or higher-than-half-weight 1-arm pulldowns) in terms of % of your weight how close some of us are to 1-handed chins.

Looking at you bodyweight culture thincel guys as this is a pipe dream for a fatass like me unless I slim down, I don't think I could add more than maybe 10lbs or so to my 2-armed chins, the form/reps are shit enough with no extra that I rarely bother.

I used to be able to do this, no longer though
I had extremely low body fat at the time and was exercising 2 to 3 times a day

Who else high AF now

how did you work up to it tho

muscle waste of time man. do cardio, at least it's healthy and you live longer

how did you work up to it tho
looked up videos on youtube
you have to tilt your body and center your weight on the hand your using
then try to lower your body and eventually you'll feel the need to use your other hand when you start learning
keep doing it repeatedly and sometime you'll be able to push back with one hand
in general: look it up how to do it, try it countless times
it's the same way i learnt how to do handstands, repeat repeat repeat

muscle waste of time man. do cardio, at least it's healthy and you live longer
not mutually exclusive aims, I used to get a much better workout on the treadmill after doing a set of chins because I had oxygen debt in my arms my heart/lungs was trying to recover while pushing my legs

muscle's effect on resting metaboslim could help lower body fat which should help ease the burden on heart/lungs

obviously aerobic stuff is important though and you should be working on systemic health, I don't do enough of that

looked up videos on youtube
you have to tilt your body and center your weight on the hand your using
then try to lower your body and eventually you'll feel the need to use your other hand when you start learning
Ah okay so basically the 'gradual shift to one side' kind of approach.

Maybe if I can work up to a decent BW rep range like 20+ I can fool around with that.

I think some slight weighted work makes sense too though, should get a dip belt

Did you also use this approve to get 1-arm pushups? That seems like it'd be easier to achieve.
I've goofed around with shifting but it's weird to get the form down.
Again I don't think I've worked up to a decen tenough fitness level (20+ casual) on flat, plus I should also goof arond with incline (it's hard to add resistance to pushups, I should get vest or bands) before doing the shift-left or shift-right variations.

Have you also tried the version where you left the leg of the pushing arm up? I've seen Pavel Tsatsouline do that in one of his books.

Ah okay so basically the 'gradual shift to one side' kind of approach.

Maybe if I can work up to a decent BW rep range like 20+ I can fool around with that.

I think some slight weighted work makes sense too though, should get a dip belt

Did you also use this approve to get 1-arm pushups? That seems like it'd be easier to achieve.
I've goofed around with shifting but it's weird to get the form down.
Again I don't think I've worked up to a decen tenough fitness level (20+ casual) on flat, plus I should also goof arond with incline (it's hard to add resistance to pushups, I should get vest or bands) before doing the shift-left or shift-right variations.

Have you also tried the version where you left the leg of the pushing arm up? I've seen Pavel Tsatsouline do that in one of his books.
Low body fat helps a lot
I didn't try adding weights in order to adapt, but maybe it could help
I didn't use leaving the leg up, what I remember doing was pushing both my legs together instead of leaving them apart like a regular 2-hand push up
Honestly I think it's much more about muscle memory and core control than actual strength (which is also important, not going to lie), which also applies to handstands. that's why training capoeira helped a lot in this effort since you learn more how to control your body and core
If i can recall correctly, this was the video I used to watch when learning, it's in portuguese but all you need is to watch the movements to get the gist of it

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQ3NzZfpzmw

However, he's pretty fit because of calisthenics so he didn't tilt his body too much and did it with a mostly straight posture (though you can see that by putting his other arm behind his back he is tilting his body a little), which is harder, tilting the body was something i instinctively did to make it easier at first

Anyways it's mostly a useless exercise i was just trying to impress people in some way

why would i want to achieve that

Wtf :feelshaha:
Who told you these lies?
it's a well known and studied phenomenon. lol. go eat and sit on your ass doing no cardio, and u reduce life expectancy. why am i even explaining this shit, if you know, then you know.

it's a well known and studied phenomenon. lol. go eat and sit on your ass doing no cardio, and u reduce life expectancy. why am i even explaining this shit, if you know, then you know.
No I mean it probably does because it makes you healthy and shit but so does muscle training, why did you say it doesn't?

I think it's much more about muscle memory and core control than actual strength (which is also important, not going to lie)
A lot of strength improvements are neurological adaptation, though I think the myofibril hypertrophy also helps.

Swole sarcoplasmic probably helps moreso w/ recovery and endurance to train more often

I have developed pretty serious back problems.
I need 6 months+ of free time + willpower to go to gym doing light excercise to fix my atrophied muscles and deformed skeleton.
And then, hopefully, I will reach level zero and become an average person. Then I can start from there to gain muscle and strength.

I had one year of NEET after military service to go the gym and fix myself.
But I didn't because of the chinoamerican virus.
This might turn out to be the greatest mistake of my life.

I can do 20 normal pull-ups and around 35 normal pushups thats it

Im trying 2 get as big as possible

Doing a 1 armed pull up is nothing more than a trick you can do if youre low bf as fuck.

Its way better 2 bench 120 kg than doing sum stupid trick :feelsthink:
Height weight and BF?

Who the fuck exercises 2 to 3 times a day

This is extremely difficult to do for me. I'm still working on getting to 12 pullups.

No I mean it probably does because it makes you healthy and shit but so does muscle training, why did you say it doesn't?
i mean, its ok, but it's not even close to cardio. when it comes to living longer, i mean.

Who the fuck exercises 2 to 3 times a day
i was unemployed and neeting for a year
was obsessed with becoming good at martial arts and have a good physique, so i’d train martial arts, lift and maybe do some cardio
most days i’d do only 2 of those though
and frequently i’d overtrain and feel exhausted after a few days

I can pull a beer up to my face with 1 arm. :feelsjuice:

I have developed pretty serious back problems.
I need 6 months+ of free time + willpower to go to gym doing light excercise to fix my atrophied muscles and deformed skeleton.
And then, hopefully, I will reach level zero and become an average person. Then I can start from there to gain muscle and strength.
doing stuff that preps for pullups like lat pulldowns would prob fix your back, 95% chance you just have pinched nerves from bad posture and deflated discs
Doing a 1 armed pull up is nothing more than a trick you can do if youre low bf as fuck.
Its way better 2 bench 120 kg than doing sum stupid trick :feelsthink:
I had to convert your metric bullshit
you're talking about penching less than 265 pounds, so let's say you mean to press 133 pounds per hand

That's what, a 1-armed pushup for a 132 pound guy? It's not that huge.

A 150 pound guy doing a 1-arm chin is pulling more than you press