Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Venting Who knew, mang?

NoLooksNoLife

NoLooksNoLife

☦️Catechumencel
-
Chinese new year is considered pagan practice in orthodoxy, according to my the book the priest recommended to me.

No wonder he asked if I celebrated it n shiet, mang :feelshaha:

All new-year, solstice, harvest, and other astronomy-calibrated holidays--in other words, all holidays older than the nation in which they are celebrated are pagan.

Some of them like Christmas just got the ol' nuke-and-pave from Christianity.

Disavowing these holidays and the cycles of nature which they acknowledge is, unhappily, just one of a whole set of jealous-wife features of Abrahamic religions.

Last edited:
All new-year, solstice, harvest, and other astronomy-calibrated holidays--in other words, all holidays older than the nation in which they are celebrated are pagan.

Some of them like Christmas just got the ol' nuke-and-pave from Christianity.

Disavowing these holidays and the cycles of nature which they acknowledge is one of the more unfortunate jealous-wife features of Abrahamic religions.
Minor setback pill for partially chinesecels like myself, mang… no biggie tho :smonk:

Minor setback pill for partially chinesecels like myself, mang… no biggie tho :smonk:
You don't have to take it. It's not against religion to appreciate a sunset or the beauty of a flower. There is nothing wrong with celebrating the Lunar New Year -- and what is objectionable about it, really? People just get together with their families. About as wholesome as it gets.

The Gregorian calendar's solar basis came from the Egyptians and ... well, let's not get into all that.

No setback for you brocel. Wishing you happiness in this our Year of the Rabbit.

You don't have to take it. It's not against religion to appreciate a sunset or the beauty of a flower. There is nothing wrong with celebrating the Lunar New Year -- and what is objectionable about it, really? People just get together with their families. About as wholesome as it gets.

The Gregorian calendar's solar basis came from the Egyptians and ... well, let's not get into all that.

No setback for you brocel. Wishing you happiness in this our Year of the Rabbit.
I can always choose to larp abt foregoing the pagan festivities of fireworks and attending lion dances anyway :smonk:

I can always choose to larp abt foregoing the pagan festivities of fireworks and attending lion dances anyway :smonk:
Based. Jesus often gracefully sidestepped cross-examining type questions. And my personal favorite of His: “Why are you so afraid? Do you still have no faith?”