Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Experiment Who else here talks to yourself?

wasted12years

wasted12years

Overlord
★★★★★
I've been doing this for the past 7 years. I have conversations with myself atleast two times a week. They are usually 30 mins long. I talk to myself about my current situation, the future, how i feel, what i could have changed in the past, the meaning of life etc. I'm a mentalcel i guess. Even if i had friends i think i would have done this. I do this at work too, as a machinist the machines are too loud so fellow workers won't hear me anyway. It gives me a feeling of comfort and lifefuel, that i'm not alone even though i am.

Just thinking about my life makes me depressed but talking to myself about my life makes me feel sort of happy. That i might have the ability to change it even if it means failing. I never tried changing my life to the better, all the things just came natural with no effort and a little luck, as in getting a job for example but my job sucks. I want to get another job but it wouldn't make much difference. There is no normal occupation i could love, without any education. Theres no freedom in having a job just endless despair until you die/retire. I miss being a NEET. The feeling of knowing you won't have to get up to your prison-like job in the morning made me feel extremely comfortable. I'd rather live in the iron age as a free man until i get killed than slave away my life in the present day.

what does your name refer to? just wondering (the 12 years)

I do the same thing too tbh

I talk to myself when i play video games tbh.....or when i see a movie, because well i don't always have somebody to talk to.

i only talk inside my mind

Humans are social animals. If you can't socialize with others, your brain will socialize within. It's normal as long as you don't start literally hearing them.

I was actually talking to myself as I read this thread title, lol.

I'm an extrovert and I think I find being alone a lot difficult, so I... kind of think out loud, but I guess it's like I'm saying my thoughts out loud to somebody, as even my thinking is kinda extroverted I think o.O

It's not like I think I'll get a reply though, lol. And I do it quietly if I know that housemates are around (I know I could chat to them but we don't get along super well and they're often not around anyway).

That's interesting that you say you miss being a NEET. I find this lifestyle lonely but I often wonder if I'd actually be less happy in work because then I'd have less control over my time and might end up around people I don't like.

Humans are social animals. If you can't socialize with others, your brain will socialize within. It's normal as long as you don't start literally hearing them.

Yeah thankfully I don't, lol

I talk to myself, but I'd equate it more to a comedian workshopping material. I'll find myself riffing and commenting on things in a whispered mumble.

what does your name refer to? just wondering (the 12 years)
It should be wasted15years instead. I never approached any foids or made any effort into starting a relationship with one, i fapped away my life instead. At 12 years of age some boys usually find a foid and onward.

used to do this. i thought i had verbal tourettes at one point.

I do it every day

I've been doing this for the past 7 years. I have conversations with myself atleast two times a week. They are usually 30 mins long. I talk to myself about my current situation, the future, how i feel, what i could have changed in the past, the meaning of life etc. I'm a mentalcel i guess. Even if i had friends i think i would have done this. I do this at work too, as a machinist the machines are too loud so fellow workers won't hear me anyway. It gives me a feeling of comfort and lifefuel, that i'm not alone even though i am.

Just thinking about my life makes me depressed but talking to myself about my life makes me feel sort of happy. That i might have the ability to change it even if it means failing. I never tried changing my life to the better, all the things just came natural with no effort and a little luck, as in getting a job for example but my job sucks. I want to get another job but it wouldn't make much difference. There is no normal occupation i could love, without any education. Theres no freedom in having a job just endless despair until you die/retire. I miss being a NEET. The feeling of knowing you won't have to get up to your prison-like job in the morning made me feel extremely comfortable. I'd rather live in the iron age as a free man until i get killed than slave away my life in the present day.
I guess kinda? In my head there are usually different disputing characters with visual representation.

Yes. Sometimes I narrate what's going on around me, ask myself questions to figure something out, compliment myself, but I never do it for 30 minutes

All day, ERday
Are you that british Daniel guy who had plenty of relationship problems with his japanese wife? Or are you just using a picture of him?

Are you that british Daniel guy who had plenty of relationship problems with his japanese wife? Or are you just using a picture of him?

lol just using his pic...I'd be the biggest fakecel here if I was actually him