Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

who can show me how to install linux on pc step by step?

ethniccel1

ethniccel1

Sir ethnic cel the 1st lord of landwhales, grannys
★★★★★
Why would you need it?

Why would you need it?
I got a microsoft pc and it sucks suddenly getting updates whilst you working and losing hours of work for example. Plus I want to be more anonymous etc etc

I got a microsoft pc and it sucks suddenly getting updates whilst you working and losing hours of work for example. Plus I want to be more anonymous etc etc
Do you have Windows 11 installed on it? No, Linux distros won't really make you more anonymous, especially if you keep using your web browser with same habits.

Last edited:
Do you have Windows 11 installed on it? No, Linux distros won't really make you more anonymous, especially if you keep using your web browser with same habits.
I got an old laptop from 2018 that I am using now

Does your laptop have SSD or HDD? What the specs? If you using it like a PC (always connected to power) then sure you can install Linux distributions if all you use is a browser.

Does your laptop have SSD or HDD? What the specs? If you using it like a PC (always connected to power) then sure you can install Linux distributions if all you use is a browser.
I wont use this laptop, I wanna buy a new laptop or pc

Just follow some instructions online for an easier distro. Ubuntu, Linux mint, fedora or maybe even Debian are going to be your best bet. You should also get used to following online instructions, because you’re going to need to do so if you ever run into issues. You will own your computer which also means it will just let you mess things up.

Just follow some instructions online for an easier distro. Ubuntu, Linux mint, fedora or maybe even Debian are going to be your best bet. You should also get used to following online instructions, because you’re going to need to do so if you ever run into issues. You will own your computer which also means it will just let you mess things up.
for most people it's better not to mess with Debian, just install Ubuntu or it's flavours with different DE. Linux Mint is also fine.

I wont use this laptop, I wanna buy a new laptop or pc
if you sit at home most of the time i strongly recommend going for PC. And if you go for PC don't buy it in one piece.

if you sit at home most of the time i strongly recommend going for PC. And if you go for PC don't buy it in one piece.
why you recommend a pc over laptop?

why you recommend a pc over laptop?
you will get better specs for same money,PCs have better cooling, in laptop battery degrades over time so there will be a moment when you will have to keep it plugged in all the time, you can't upgrade it as much as PC. If you sit at home most of your time just build a PC.

Last edited:
you will get better specs for same money,PCs have better cooling, in laptop battery degrades over time so there will be a moment when you will have to keep it plugged in all the time, you can't upgrade it as much as PC. If you sit at home most of your time just build a PC.
good point about building your own pc and I agree. On a pc I can replace the power supply and also add ram, replace the graphics card etc but on laptop i cant and plus i will be forced to take my laptop to some repair shop which costs in total the same as buying a good used laptop or new phone

good point about building your own pc and I agree. On a pc I can replace the power supply and also add ram, replace the graphics card etc but on laptop i cant and plus i will be forced to take my laptop to some repair shop which costs in total the same as buying a good used laptop or new phone
modern laptops won't even allow you to upgrade RAM, in most cases it is soldered on the board as a chip

modern laptops won't even allow you to upgrade RAM, in most cases it is soldered on the board as a chip
exactly infact almost everything is is soldered on the board.

Thing is though I never built a pc from scratch, I am low iq in this regard

exactly infact almost everything is is soldered on the board.

Thing is though I never built a pc from scratch, I am low iq in this regard
it's not hard, watch tutorial videos on YT plenty of times so you will get the idea. The only thing that is unpleasanе for me is connecting front panel to motherboard.
main-qimg-e7fa4d8cd68b7b9ec521a9a3a2988d74-lq

it's not hard, watch tutorial videos on YT plenty of times so you will get the idea. The only thing that is unpleasanе for me is connecting front panel to motherboard.
main-qimg-e7fa4d8cd68b7b9ec521a9a3a2988d74-lq
have you ever built a pc from scratch?

have you ever built a pc from scratch?
yes, first PC i build from scratch was in spring 2016, since then i often rebuilt the computers for cleaning and getting the practice. I have a plan to upgrade my platform (CPU/Motherboard/RAM) in a year or two

yes, first PC i build from scratch was in spring 2016, since then i often rebuilt the computers for cleaning and getting the practice. I have a plan to upgrade my platform (CPU/Motherboard/RAM) in a year or two
did you use some tutorial videos that I can also use?

I've read bad things about its' bugginess which align which my own yearlong experiences with other open source software. People in software-enthusiast forums oftentimes can't put themselves into the shoes of an average consumer or as a matter of fact any consumer who wants to end up with a positive benefit-cost ratio (with cost being time investment and benefit being utility and time savings). So they'll give you recommendations such as "it's easy, just x"
stay away unless you absolutely have to imo

Last edited: