Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Experiment Which one of those fictional powers would you pick?

• Thread starter HyperVersager_4EVER
  • Start date

Which super power suits you better?

• Probability Manipulation

Votes: 21 87.5%
  • Perception Manipulation

Votes: 3 12.5%

• Total voters
HyperVersager_4EVER

HyperVersager_4EVER

Overlord
★★★★★
    Let's say a magical entity witnessed your suffering as an inkwell and decided to grant you a superpower to help you in your life. They offer you to choose between these two powers, and they guarantee not to judge you for how you will use them and not to interfere:

    1. Probability Manipulation: You know the vidya quote 'Nothing is true. Everything is permitted' Through this ability reality bends to your will. As long as something is reasonably possible it will happen when you will it to happen. You can win lottery then accumulate enormous wealth through high risk high reward trading(though not drawing too much attention too quickly would be wise). The key is however it has to be possible you can't just make money rain from the sky, but you can command lightning to a specific place. As long as you are not truecel tier ugly you can encounter and meet a Becky who will show interest in you. For example if you are 5'7 you can find a rare woman who will be okay with that height. 5'1 however you might be out of luck. This ability greatly helps you survive as well, avoid any disease, gunshots will miss you(unless point blank probably), if a thug is trying to attack you in the street you can make them stumble, fall and lose consciousness before even landing a punch. It will also help you with getting the best out of any cosmetic surgery, though again it is limited to boundaries of what is possible, you just can't transform into a GigaChad if you are truecel. Extremely improbable things like making meteors rain from the sky are beyond your capabilities.

    2. Perception Manipulation: Through this ability you control sensory inputs inside the brains of people around you. You can make them hear, smell, see, taste or feel touched by anything. You can overwhelm them with sensory inputs until they lose consciousness even. You can alter your own perceptions as well(you are guaranteed to never lose the track of what is real and what isn't by the magical entity) but something will always feel off if you try to lock yourself into a complete fantasy world. You can look like 6'6 GigaChad, literal 10/10 and get ONSs with pretty much any woman. However this ability only works when you are near people, let's say around a kilometre radius. If a girl takes a selfie with you and looks at it near you she will see a GigaChad, when she returns her home at the opposite city block and looks at it however, she will see who you truly are. I can't see much way how you can make money through this ability personally, magic shows(with making sure that nobody is filming), or gigolo for rich women perhaps(remember you can alter your own perception of her as well)? You can protect yourself against many threats through this ability as long as you see them coming, you can pretty much disable any person attacking you by overwhelming their senses but if someone decided to kill you in sleep for example, that might constitute a problem. So try not to make too many enemies if you choose this.

    Which one would you pick and why?

Probability Manipulation for sure.

i'd just get rich

I choose 1 and make it probable that cute virgin girls ride my pole.

probability manipulation sounds vastly more useful. the other one sounds cool but not as practical

Which one would get me a girlfriend?

probability. I would make myself emperor by rigging elections and other shit . over decades world domination should be possible

Lightning will strike where it will strike... Altering that through mind powers is not more realistic than making money fall out of the sky.

Btw with probability manipulation a 5'1 manlet will also have a chance with Stacy. It is in the realm of possibility.
Lightning will strike where it will strike... Altering that through mind powers is not more realistic than making money fall out of the sky.
Basically

Nothing in this prompt is truly realistic or makes sense when you want to over-analyse it to death. Yet it has some arbitrarily defined rules. It is fine if you dislike it or wish not to participate, but comments like this don't really serve any purpose. I am sure you get the basic idea behind that example.
Btw with probability manipulation a 5'1 manlet will also have a chance with Stacy. It is in the realm of possibility.
I personally believe that it counts as extremely improbable, but of course it is open to interpretation.

Last edited:
I’ll go with probability.

High effort thread, I’d rather probability manipulation, you could save lives by making people survive illnesses that are otherwise likely to kill them, you could increase the chance of a researcher finding a vaccine for an illness or the chance of a person producing an effective antibody on the first try. You could become a doctor and then use this ability to save every patient who has any chance of survival.

You could win wars by causing the other side to make major logistical errors, blow themselves up, or surrender.

If you personally can’t be hit by bullets out side of very close range and are guaranteed to have only minor wounds which will heal very well then you could sneak into Fort Knox or anywhere else for that matter, guards would always not notice you because they were busy looking the other way or tying their shoelaces. They might mistake you for somebody else or think you’re supposed to be there. I think perception manipulation would be more useful for sneaking into places though.

I’d love to hear other people’s ideas about this

Probability manipulation is basically just perception manipulation but cranked up to another level.