Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion Which is more trustworthy a mirror or camera?

Rot&Repeat

Rot&Repeat

Always Tired
★★★★★
When i look in the mirror things actually dont look too bad and actually look fixable. In the mirror i see my doesnt look super recessed, my skin is white passing, beard growing etc and my muscles from gymceling actually look like theyre toned.

But the camera gives me major depression when i look at myself through a picture. My hair looks insanely thin and recesses, my beard looks like a neckbeard, my skin looks much more ethnic, i also feel like the camera adds like 20-30 pounds on me somehow turning me into an ogre. My eyes also look much more bulging with big ugly lips and chimp like ears. It sucks cause if i ever do start some sort of online dating profile id have to take a pic.

Which is more reliable guys? Are both just illusions?

The way people treat you

Mirror is more dependable. Look at it like this. Have you ever had someone stand next to you in a mirror? They looked pretty much the same in the mirror and when u look at them.

However lightning in a mirror can still affect your appearance

mirror, camera has lower quality

Mirror is more dependable. Look at it like this. Have you ever had someone stand next to you in a mirror? They looked pretty much the same in the mirror and when u look at them.

However lightning in a mirror can still affect your appearance
/thread

My already big nose and heavy midface looks exaggerated and god awful in camera. We also got more used to mirror image, no face is perfectly symmetrical and seeing it non flipped on camera looks weird.

mirror is more reliable because the image that you see is not created with electronic sensors. unfortunately somehow i look bad on both camera and mirrors but in separate ways.

mirror is more reliable, the camera following the distance modifies the features of your face

If you mirror the mirror, you got reality. If you are handsome, you look good in pictures, but everyone looks better in real life than in pictures, (of course i don’t mean better than in Filter and photoshop-selfies, since that is not reality). How you look on pictures depends a lot on how you hold the camera, since it can change your proportions, for example if you incline your handy before taking a selfie, but of course some look bad in pictures and in real life and with some i mean myself

Last edited:
If you mirror the mirror, you got reality. If you are handsome, you look good in pictures, but everyone looks better in real life than in pictures, (of course i don’t mean Filter and photoshop-selfies), since it depends a lot on how you hold the camera, but of course some look bad in pictures and in real life
I have the same problem, literally 3-4/10 on my tel, but 6-7 on my mirror (im incel because manlet and acne)

I have the same problem, literally 3-4/10 on my tel, but 6-7 on my mirror (im incel because manlet and acne)
I look like a 3 in pictures and like a rapist in the mirror.

In mirror i look like a Chad but in reverse pictures i look average, irl well i have 27 yo and i never saw a pussy irl.

Cuz I'm bald with good bone structure but bald and that's death sentance... :reeeeee:

EF51C679 E2D6 45F6 84EA 67BFA2037E97