Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Experiment Which field of technology do you think needs more push.

• Thread starter Blackcel rigth wing
  • Start date

Which field of technology needs more push?

• Sound/sonic technology

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Blackcel rigth wing

Blackcel rigth wing

21yrs old Apolitical (politics is cope)
★★
I may get back into studying robotics again. Particularly nanotechnology.

This could greatly help us build stuff quickly and might help with complete genetic engineering(both baby and grown human) and making all humans super high IQ (this one is not to far off)

Inner brain machinery will help boost brain performance. Consciousness transfer not upload which just copies your consciousness is possible just really really complicated to do, it looks easy on paper.

But I need to wealthmaxx first and that’s even if I ever succeed.

space travel needs to advance too I think. Theirs multiple ways for space travel theirs lazer power rockets, atomic power rockets, electrical levitation( need to have really good batteries for this for the energy to not run out quickly very energy consuming)

We need more Hamlossus research ded srs.

None of them

Preface: im a fucking dumbass but i think nanotechnology has a ridiculous ceiling especially in the medical field. Imagine using tiny robots to enter peoples bodies to destroy bacteria/viruses/parasites/tumors. You could even skip surgery by just having to instead have the robots injected via needle. You could even have a permanent colony of robots inside peoples bodies and these robots can relay information about your body to you in real time. Imagine learning about the formation of a tumor weeks in advance. You could save millions of lives

If anything society would benefit from reverting technology, less is more
Lol says the guy who depends on it or are all those conveniently exclude. So you’re a primitivist. I prefer not to be honest.
Preface: im a fucking dumbass but i think nanotechnology has a ridiculous ceiling especially in the medical field. Imagine using tiny robots to enter peoples bodies to destroy bacteria/viruses/parasites/tumors. You could even skip surgery by just having to instead have the robots injected via needle. You could even have a permanent colony of robots inside peoples bodies and these robots can relay information about your body to you in real time. Imagine learning about the formation of a tumor weeks in advance. You could save millions of lives
This is so diverse, you can engineer plants to grow meat, grow organs, change your dna in live time instead of a baby, make yourself smarter (humans need this) build stuff faster, repair stuff without humans and much more. Capitalism will kill it self if this became real we will be a post scarcity society with very low crime rate.

space travel so we can leave this gay earth behind

I voted photonics.

Computing is the key to everything else, and Silicon is reaching its limits, so an other paradigm would be nice.

I voted photonics.

Computing is the key to everything else, and Silicon is reaching its limits, so an other paradigm would be nice.
This is a very good point, we are beginning to stagnate a bit in this field.
Yeah I will like to travel in space but will probably prefer another earth like planet that’s untainted. Earths the giga stacy of solar system while the sun is chad. Pluto is the incel.

Last edited:
Optogenetics is very interesting, it's a form of genetic manipulation. You integrate light-dependent ion channels into neurons and then you can control neuronal activity with light. Some used it for example in the gustatory cortex of mice and by stimulating it with light they could create a certain form of taste perception in the mouse, the same was also done for the visual cortex. Many also seek to create an optogenetically based hearing device with viral transfection and light stimulation afterwards - this could enable a better hearing than the electric stimulation of the hearing nerve in regular hearing implants (which are known for low frequency resolution).
Optogenetic Cochlear Implants Aim to Improve Quality of Sound | Medgadget

Optogenetics is very interesting, it's a form of genetic manipulation. You integrate light-dependent ion channels into neurons and then you can control neuronal activity with light. Some used it for example in the gustatory cortex of mice and by stimulating it with light they could create a certain form of taste perception in the mouse, the same was also done for the visual cortex. Many also seek to create an optogenetically based hearing device with viral transfection and light stimulation afterwards - this could enable a better hearing than the electric stimulation of the hearing nerve in regular hearing implants (which are known for low frequency resolution).
Optogenetic Cochlear Implants Aim to Improve Quality of Sound | Medgadget
I have rarely heard of this one, it’s very fascinating. I’ll need to search into this more, I’m bookmarking this.

Genetic engineering: you're fucking dreaming if you think Homo Sapiens will be able to colonize Mars, or survive a worst-case-scenario climate change.

Lol says the guy who depends on it or are all those conveniently exclude. So you’re a primitivist. I prefer not to be honest.

It's a good cope ngl, I can play as many games as I want, coom as much as I want, and binge endless amounts of TV

I don't really like it though, after a while your braincells get so fried to where you can't really enjoy anything anymore

Trust me, it feels a lot better to take part in these copes in your free time, when you do it everyday it eventually loses it's value

I have rarely heard of this one, it’s very fascinating. I’ll need to search into this more, I’m bookmarking this.
Also TAL-Effectors which are also a method for genetic modification; they originally stem from the phytopathogen Xanthomonas. They have repeat sequences with repeat variable diresidues (RVDs) capable of recognizing certain bases in the DNA; you can combine them however you like and recognise any DNA sequence you want with it.

For genetic manipulation they are used as TALEN (by combining them with an endonuclease, which can cut apart DNA) - by doing so you could induce breaks in the DNA and then you could insert other DNA into it (successfully manipulating the DNA as you deem fit).
Nowadays they do it with CRISPR/Cas (most of the time) which stems from the bacterial immune system. It was originally designed as a defense mechanism against viruses in bacteria. You can also use it for many other functions (apart from genome editing).
TALEN and CRISPR/Cas Genome Editing Systems: Tools of Discovery (nih.gov)

Agrobacterium is also very interesting, it can transfer its T-DNA into plants thereby directly manipulating their genome (it originally forces the plant to adjust its metabolism to its own needs, auxins/cytokinins are phytohormones that induce growth, which creates a tumor, then it also forces the plant to synthetise opines which can only be metabolised by Agrobacterium). You can replace the T-DNA with every DNA you like and then it can be transfered into the plants (=transformation). Very important for genetic research and for creating genetically modified plants.
Agrobacterium-Mediated Plant Transformation: the Biology behind the “Gene-Jockeying” Tool (nih.gov)

You might also like Bioleaching/Biomining - they did it with Acidithiobacillus ferooxidans, which is a bacterium that can oxidize the insoluble sulfides which cannot be easily taken into sulfates and therefore you can easily solve them. You can easily gain access to metalls by using that bacterium.
Acidithiobacillus ferrooxidans - ScienceDirect

Ground work can lead to some incredible discoveries - extremozymes for example which were the basis for PCR too. Nobody can predict what happens next. Optogenetics were also heavily based on Halobacterium, which was an unicellular alga studied for photosynthesis - only years later people discovered what they could use it for other purposes. Microbes are simply the best.

Last edited:
Sexbot development.

We need more oak barrel makers!

It's a coin toss between nanotech and propulsion tech, if I had to choose one or the other.
Inner brain machinery will help boost brain performance. Consciousness transfer not upload which just copies your consciousness is possible just really really complicated to do, it looks easy on paper.
Sorry to break it to you, but consciousness transfer is a fruitless endeavor. Your time is better spent on other projects.

I voted for space technology.

Sorry to break it to you, but consciousness transfer is a fruitless endeavor. Your time is better spent on other projects.
I disagree with this this one. I think it’s very fruitful. Everyone just go about it very wrongly.

genetic engineering. But people are too pussy to do it cause "muh ethics"

genetic engineering. But people are too pussy to do it cause "muh ethics"
I never got the ethics excuse people use, why won’t you want to be the pinnacle of genetics or have you children to have access to it.

I never got the ethics excuse people use, why won’t you want to be the pinnacle of genetics or have you children to have access to it.
I would ensure my children are premium ostpreuben phenotype

just bio technology specifically for medical advances and such, but when you automate engineering and stuff jobs will be lost

when you automate engineering and stuff jobs will be lost
That’s the point, humans won’t need to work anymore in a post scarcity society. They’ll be doing space travel and maybe innovation but the machines might start doing the inventing eventually.

Machines design to give us purpose might even leave some things to humans to keep our drive.

Some humans might even become non biological for effective space. Or engineer their bodies to have plankton in their bodies having a symbiotic relationship it gives us oxygen we give it carbon dioxide and resources to feed on.

battery technology would certainly be the most important one , if we are able to advance battery technology , it would finally enable us to be able to to rely on "green energy" since the main problem that hinders this type of energy is battery technology ( we cant store solar enrgy from one day to use it for the next day)

tumblr_mxvftnzHGK1s0socwo1_250.gif

They need to develop that to the stage where I can fuck it.

To be honest, we don't even really know what consciousness is never mind how to transfer it. Any attempt to move it over just risks killing yourself and creating a weird cloned version.
I have some idea what it is (I've mentioned it a couple of times here and there), but it entails that "consciousness transfer" is functionally impossible. You could replicate every data point from your neural mapping - every memory, every personality characteristic, everything that makes you "you" - and model it very accurately with probabilities that would correspond practically 1-1 with how you would behave, but it still wouldn't be you. It will be like you said, a copy of you.

You are the consciousness housed in your meat and bone vessel. Any attempt at "transfering" you will make you like those hosts from Westworld. It's "you" in every sense, but you are already six feet under.

To be honest, we don't even really know what consciousness is
Translation: I don’t want to accept theirs nothing magical about it.
I have some idea what it is (I've mentioned it a couple of times here and there), but it entails that "consciousness transfer" is functionally impossible. You could replicate every data point from your neural mapping - every memory, every personality characteristic, everything that makes you "you" - and model it very accurately with probabilities that would correspond practically 1-1 with how you would behave, but it still wouldn't be you. It will be like you said, a copy of you.
All what you mentioned has nothing to do with consciousness transfer that’s uploading aka copy. I’m honestly not surprised that you say this because that’s all that’s talk about. Those methods are all copying.

A proper method with the help of nano technology (when it’s advance enough) is possible brain extension/neural extension growing from the brain to the outside (new part) which is for all purpose still YOU just extend out of this vessel and slowly but surely kill the original brain off.

Or replace all your neurons with nano machines. If you say this is not you then 'you' have died multiple times already and you’re not really 'you' since your cells are all replace every decade or so. The stuff that made 'you' in the past are no longer present.

nano technology is model after cells, bacteria viruses etc which are bio 'nano' machines they also don’t also literally need to be a nanometer all the time.
You are the consciousness housed in your meat and bone vessel.
No one said that wasn’t, but it’s doesn’t have to be

None. We need a reduction of scientific study. We already know everything we need to know why the fuck do we need to know more?

Nuclear fusion, it would essentially be unlimited energy and you can do almost anything with unlimited energy.

I really don't know a lot about any of these fields, but my instinct is photonics. Manipulating light is used in so much shit.

None. We need a reduction of scientific study. We already know everything we need to know why the fuck do we need to know more?
But why? We just use the technology wrongly. You’re a white nationalist right? You could use it to save the white race and add improvements make a lot of babies.

We can use technology to make all humans high iq and run super efficiently and be more logical less emotional. Future governments could have different hive minds working together. You still keep your individuality but also when you’re in the hive it takes your thoughts into account. You can have a white nationalist hive mind sector. Every human could be part of a hive mind being that works in their interest. Think of the person human as a neuron and the hive as a neural network.

I voted nanotechnology because about 15 years ago I was in college and this one incel gave his class presentation on nanotechnology. He made it seem like it would be the big swinging dick of the future. Fast forward to today I don’t hear how it has progressed at all unless I’m out of the loop. At least it’s not to the point he was describing.

But why? We just use the technology wrongly. You’re a white nationalist right? You could use it to save the white race and add improvements make a lot of babies.

We can use technology to make all humans high iq and run super efficiently and be more logical less emotional. Future governments could have different hive minds working together. You still keep your individuality but also when you’re in the hive it takes your thoughts into account. You can have a white nationalist hive mind sector. Every human could be part of a hive mind being that works in their interest. Think of the person human as a neuron and the hive as a neural network.
Yeah but that’s futuristic bug men shit. Like that would just be a boring af “utopia” and if someone took control of the hive mind it would be over.

that’s why I’m saying stop now. Actually we should reverse back a few years. I like modern technology (I’m no anprim no industrial revolution person) but we’re at the end of it being for comfort and convenience. Everyone’s got a gun, internet, canned goods and a wife and they’re living and keeping in touch their local fascist militia community

I may get back into studying robotics again. Particularly nanotechnology.

This could greatly help us build stuff quickly and might help with complete genetic engineering(both baby and grown human) and making all humans super high IQ (this one is not to far off)

But I need to wealthmaxx first and that’s even if I ever succeed.

space travel needs to advance too I think. Theirs multiple ways for space travel theirs lazer power rockets, atomic power rockets, electrical levitation( need to have really good batteries for this for the energy to not run out quickly very energy consuming)
None of them
This kind of seems like a sexbot thread in disguise :feelswhere:

None of them
Modern industrial technological society will self destruct and destroy itself, all else is delusion and useless mental masturbation.

It's an inevitability and will happen.
You need to find another inhabitable world first, and even then, the elites will only take themselves away leaving everybody else behind to perish because they really don't give a fuck about you or me.
Genetic engineering: you're fucking dreaming if you think Homo Sapiens will be able to colonize Mars, or survive a worst-case-scenario climate change.
I would argue we don't even have enough energy or resources to leave this galaxy, science fiction is just that, fiction.

It makes for good entertainment, but beyond that it's quite useless.

Last edited:
Yeah but that’s futuristic bug men shit. Like that would just be a boring af “utopia” and if someone took control of the hive mind it would be over.
Not with quantum computering hacking may be near non existent. But I see where you’re coming from.
This kind of seems like a sexbot thread in disguise :feelswhere:
it’s not but, I’m really interested in nanotechnology etc and ascending beyond mere human. A perfect human, Transhuman and possibly post human.

Nuclear fusion, it would essentially be unlimited energy and you can do almost anything with unlimited energy.
Pie in the sky ideal model worked on since the 1960s that never materializes.

Why the long face? Don’t you want to improve and make yourself great. Beyond a mere human.

You can even use nanotechnology for engineering plants to maybe grow meat. So we won’t need to kill animals. Help extracting materials, construct stuff faster. Have concrete that heals it self (yes it’s quite possible) and more, much to list.

Last edited:
We need more oak barrel makers!
If we're lucky the collapse of technological industrial society would reverse us back to 18th century living standards, however, I'm really thinking it would be the stone age all over again which I'm fine with. Ape man club ape woman and drags her back to cave to have ape sex. *Pounds chest and yells out like Tarzan*
battery technology would certainly be the most important one , if we are able to advance battery technology , it would finally enable us to be able to to rely on "green energy" since the main problem that hinders this type of energy is battery technology ( we cant store solar enrgy from one day to use it for the next day)
The pesky problem of limited lithium and rare earth minerals worldwide.
Because a vast majority of human beings are mass delusional morons with ambitions of becoming technological gods to rule the universe and stars someday which of course will never materialize because we forget our place that it is nature along with the universe that rules over us. But, modern human beings just can't accept this fate as stubborn as they've become where fantastical mental delusions is basically the amount of existential cope.

Delusions of ideological progressivism guided by scientific method and technological cornucopia or utopia.

that’s why I’m saying stop now. Actually we should reverse back a few years. I like modern technology (I’m no anprim no industrial revolution person) but we’re at the end of it being for comfort and convenience. Everyone’s got a gun, internet, canned goods and a wife and they’re living and keeping in touch their local fascist militia community
I like this guy, somebody go get him a cigar.

Last edited:
Delusions of ideological progressivism guided by scientific method and technological cornucopia or utopia.
The aim is and was never a utopia EVER! A utopia will never happen, I love how the technology you have now that you benefit from is conveniently excluded. The people of the past would say the same about what we have now.

Users who are viewing this thread

shape1
shape2
shape3
shape4
shape5
shape6
Back