Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Blackpill Where we stand on the hierarchy of needs

Buried Alive 2.0

Buried Alive 2.0

Warlock
So here is the Maslow's hierarchy of needs, also called a pyramid sometimes. It describes human needs for a healthy, fulfilling life and shows them on a ladder. From the bottom, the first 3 levels are basic needs and the last 2 are higher needs. There some representations that show a sixth level called transcendence.

Most people have the first 2 levels guaranteed, even incels, they can be achieved by having a basic job or living with parents, for example. Sometimes the government fails of things like security, but, in general, people are not going hungry or running for their lives most of the time. And that's about it for us. Incels don't go beyond the 2nd level. We get friendships at the most, but the other things are well beyond our reach. Thanks feminism!

Normies oscilate a lot. They can get relationships and intimacy, but these things are not constant for them. Women cheat, monkey branch, break up for nothing, etc, so normies don't always get the 3rd level. Sometimes they do, though, and this allows them to reach a higher quality of life. Sometimes their all their relationships work out, then they can get better self esteem, their performance at everything gets better and with this they can reach level 5.

Chads get the first 3 levels guaranteed. They have literally 0 problems getting any relationship but they are also men and men need to pull their weight too so chads still need to some effort to achieve levels 4 and 5. They need more accomplishments than just getting many women, for example, since these are easy for them. This kind of thing is also enforced by society, because men have to be productive or be labeled a loser and shunned. And so, with a positive loop, achievements, prestige they are able to reach level 5.

Now women get all the levels guaranteed, just for being women. Society just doesn't let women fail, they will always have someone providing levels 1 and 2 or be able to get them themselves. Women don't have any problem whatsoever getting healthy relationships, so that takes care of level 3. Today's culture also pushes that just being a women is prestigious and an achievement on itself. They also always get a positive self-evaluation: society is always saying just how great women are at everything, how can they not? This takes cares of level 2. And, for the first level, they can just become a mom and their existence is fulfilled, they've achieved their full potential. Tutorial mode.

Damn it

You beat me to it

“Women can’t fail”

I guess female prisons don’t exist then

I swear the biggest issue with this site is one thing, these false mass generalizations everyone makes. You can hate women but it’s just a foolish thing to say that they can’t fail because society
Well, technically they can fail if they fuck up big time, they're not completely immune, but if they do everything right and keep out of trouble they'll have a perfectly fine and successful life. They'll find good jobs, good relationships, marry, etc. They are set up to succeed. The same is simply not true for men. Men have to face a lot of risk, and overcome the odds, to be successful. Society expects a lot from men, and it will celebrate the winners and shame the losers. Men still have gender roles.

brutal 2 reply pill

Incels barely get by level 2 because you need a spouse for financial stability which protects you from crime and unpredictable situations.

Incels barely get by level 2 because you need a spouse for financial stability which protects you from crime and unpredictable situations.
Very true. I hadn't thought about that.

When you live alone, if a criminal invades your house, you're fucked (unless you have a gun). If you have a sudden illness, you're fucked. If you fall and hurt yourself badly, you're fucked.

@cvh1991 @OutcompetedByRoomba

Reproduction and sex are at the bottom level of the hierarchy. It says reproduction right there and on other lists it will say "sex". We didn't even get past level 1.

@cvh1991 @OutcompetedByRoomba
Sorry, my work schedule is nuts right now so I won’t be on much for awhile.

The human needs breakdowns are interesting because when you really get down to it chronically miserable people almost never actually have something wrong with their brain — rather they have deep and unmet needs and this is what’s driving their misery.

For example, to live, to love and be loved, to be important, variety, sex, community, etc. I can identify exactly what’s missing and why I’m unhappy — but I’m also powerless to really do anything about it. Most of us are doing our best to keep a roof and utilities and we try to make friends/approach women it just doesn’t work because of market forces, nature (how men and women differ and are), and societal pressures/standards changing for the worse, that sort of thing.

People strawman us and erroneously claim it’s always our own fault — and hey sometimes it is, I mean it can be — but often times it isn’t, people made reasonable choices and apply themselves but because of what they are and the system they’re in they end up how they do.

Humans are shallow and you must have enforced monogamy and gender roles and you must force the correct values top down or you get the lopsided disaster we’re getting now. Basically women were “freed” from their oh-so-horrible life as stay at home moms (oh no how terrible!) but it’s like society cumulatively forgot that men were never free either and also had a role they were forced into and with greater responsibilities than women. Even now men are still expected to fulfill the role they always have it’s just now none of the benefits come along with it so wage slaving and grinding after women for female attention just aren’t even worth it any more. Marriage definitely isn’t worth it for men even if you’re Chad because getting divorce raped will completely ruin your life.

I don’t know, I get the impression a lot of young men know how fucked things are they’re just not sure what they can actually do about it. Even a gesture like quitting one’s job to avoid supporting this system makes everything worse since then you can’t afford to survive. Just feels like it’s all rigged. Voting for the most traditional party in the world seems unlikely to have a meaningful impact but I mean, I’ll do it, why not I guess.

Last edited:
Reproduction and sex are at the bottom level of the hierarchy. It says reproduction right there and on other lists it will say "sex". We didn't even get past level 1.
Exactly. Foids like to ignore the fact that sex (reproduction) is more important than safety. As you can see, safety is clearly on the next level. My biological need to reproduce is more important than their safety.

Sorry, my work schedule is nuts right now so I won’t be on much for awhile.

The human needs breakdowns are interesting because when you really get down to it chronically miserable people almost never actually have something wrong with their brain — rather they have deep and unmet needs and this is what’s driving their misery.

For example, to live, to love and be loved, to be important, variety, sex, community, etc. I can identify exactly what’s missing and why I’m unhappy — but I’m also powerless to really do anything about it. Most of us are doing our best to keep a roof and utilities and we try to make friends/approach women it just doesn’t work because of market forces, nature (how men and women differ and are), and societal pressures/standards changing for the worse, that sort of thing.

People strawman us and erroneously claim it’s always our own fault — and hey sometimes it is, I mean it can be — but often times it isn’t, people made reasonable choices and apply themselves but because of what they are and the system they’re in they end up how they do.

Humans are shallow and you must have enforced monogamy and gender roles and you must force the correct values top down or you get the lopsided disaster we’re getting now. Basically women were “freed” from their oh-so-horrible life as stay at home moms (oh no how terrible!) but it’s like society cumulatively forgot that men were never free either and also had a role they were forced into and with greater responsibilities than women. Even now men are still expected to fulfill the role they always have it’s just now none of the benefits come along with it so wage slaving and grinding after women for female attention just aren’t even worth it any more. Marriage definitely isn’t worth it for men even if you’re Chad because getting divorce raped will completely ruin your life.

I don’t know, I get the impression a lot of young men know how fucked things are they’re just not sure what they can actually do about it. Even a gesture like quitting one’s job to avoid supporting this system makes everything worse since then you can’t afford to survive. Just feels like it’s all rigged. Voting for the most traditional party in the world seems unlikely to have a meaningful impact but I mean, I’ll do it, why not I guess.
Based and high IQ as always. Thx for your input.

My only unfulfilled need is my need for a Marxist-Rodgerist revolution to seize the MEANS OF REPRODUCTION.