Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Cope Where should my book take place at?

Truckzo

Truckzo

Black Teen Edgelord From The Abyss
-
For those whom do not know, I have an idea for this book I wanna write called "Vengeances Rot" about some kid who kills some of his classmates and then the wizard hunters wanna kill him and blah blah blah. Its more complicated than that though but that's the over over simplified version of it. And plus I plan to make it a series. I'm thinking of the next book being about SPOILER ALERT. My main character Darian killing himself and traveling though some purgatory meeting stranger characters along the way.

Now some cool aspects of the story are loneliness, Time travel, and different different forms of Occultism. Like Tulpamancy, Hemolancy, Reality Bending, etc. I will list the thread regarding the story here below If you wanna know of the characters and all.

Said information is kept in the doc on the thread.

Now my main problem is the fact that I don't have a good setting or area in which the story takes place. I want Darian and company to live in a nice little town or city that has its fair share of everything with a nice little school or a few for the kids to go to. The school or schools will be fictional locations of course. Anyways I have rambled on long enough, list suggestions.

Also i want it to take place in the USA!

Last edited:
Dusseldorf Germany

For those whom do not know, I have an idea for this book I wanna write called "Vengeances Rot" about some kid who kills some of his classmates and then the wizard hunters wanna kill him and blah blah blah. Its more complicated than that though but that's the over over simplified version of it. And plus I plan to make it a series. I'm thinking of the next book being about SPOILER ALERT. My main character Darian killing himself and traveling though some purgatory meeting stranger characters along the way.

Now some cool aspects of the story are loneliness, Time travel, and different different forms of Occultism. Like Tulpamancy, Hemolancy, Reality Bending, etc. I will list the thread regarding the story here below If you wanna know of the characters and all.
Sounds interesting.
Now my main problem is the fact that I don't have a good setting or area in which the story takes place. I want Darian and company to live in a nice little town or city that has its fair share of everything with a nice little school or a few for the kids to go to. The school or schools will be fictional locations of course. Anyways I have rambled on long enough, list suggestions.
I think it should take place in a large town (mid-sized city) in the West US coast.

I think it should take place in a large town (mid-sized city) in the West US coast.
That's the plan for it to take place somewhere in the US. Any specific locations? Perhaps one of your guys hometown?

That's the plan for it to take place somewhere in the US. Any specific locations? Perhaps one of your guys hometown?
I don't live in the US, but it seems like somewhere in the state of Oregon or Washington would be a good idea.

aw fuck I forgot I wanted it to be in the US as I am familiar with US culture greatly being from there and all...
Savannah Georgia

I don't live in the US, but it seems like somewhere in the state of Oregon or Washington would be a good idea.
Yes Oregon or California. Leaning on Cali because kids there are known to be brootal to youngcels, especially in those big ass cities.

Yes Oregon or California. Leaning on Cali because kids there are known to be brootal to youngcels, especially in those big ass cities.
That would be a great idea.
What if it took place in Isla Vista? :feelsEhh:

The slums of Mumbai

make him a hapa

Just create a completely original location. Name it Westshore or something. State could be Wisconsin or Northern Michigan, they always looked pretty comfy to me as a non-american.