Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

JFL When rating looks on a scale of 1-10, 5 is average.

P

Personalityinkwell

mentally crippled by lonely teen years
-

1 + 10 = 11 .... 11/2 = 5.5, so why is 5 average and not 5.5?

Please tell me I'm not the only one who has noticed this?

Not sure but good observation.

its actually 0 - 10, why make a thread on something so trivial and obvious?.

Majority of people are 4 and 5.

if we, lets say, put blopscel photo as a 1 then elephant man would be 0, and on a 0-10 scale 5 is still the average.
although adhering to 80/20 rule, being a 5 isnt that much better. who really states that they want a 5 as a partner? whats the difference between a 5 and a 4, pity sex? you still wont have a consensual loving relationship because a 5 and to some extend even a 6 is undesirable. still, interesting thread inkwell

I also have. this is why there are no 10s :feelsokman:

0/10 coper
its 0 - 10 retard, besides this is not something worthy of having a whole thread dedicated to it

"The decile scale is a scale almost everyone uses to rank looks. The decile scale goes from 1 to 10."

I noticed that too

0 & 10 only exist in 2 cases or in the mind of each individual.
0 is the ugliest human ever & 10 the best looking person that ever will exist.
From the standpoint of a woman there will be much agreement but from a man's perspective that individual will vary.
Really it's 1-9

Usually people dont put the 0 in there. They just have a 1-10 scale because that is 10 numbers which sounds nice and even but its actually a problem because the halfway point is not a whole number, as you pointed out.

Regardless, the scale is so informal and inaccurate anyways, i dont think it matters much, although i would prefer people use 0-10 instead.

There really aren't 10/10s either.

Like that .5 is going to matter. JFL

Usually people dont put the 0 in there. They just have a 1-10 scale because that is 10 numbers which sounds nice and even but its actually a problem because the halfway point is not a whole number, as you pointed out.

Regardless, the scale is so informal and inaccurate anyways, i dont think it matters much, although i would prefer people use 0-10 instead.
Just be a 0/10 BrO

If you thought it was over being a 2/10, oh boy just imagine those 0/10s out there.

It doesn't matter average is at 5 or 5.5, either way I'm way below it.

When foids rate men, 8 is average.

because no one gets rated 0

Does it really matter? Is anyone going to seriously argue 5.0 and 5.5 is a meaningful difference?