Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

When i used to read books about meditation/self-help, i always chosed the ones written by MEN

Inbuddhist

Inbuddhist

Major
Yes i know self-help is cope and all that, just bear with me and try to stop yourself from the rush of writing "COPE" about something i've used to do in the past.

Books about those subjects written by men at least understood the problem, at least they gave solutions that didn't insult the intelligence, like renunciation, trying to endure rejection, focusins on one's work and hobbies, and when the talk was about self-acceptance, they often shown a genuine profound understanding of how hard it is to accept yourself when you feel you're inapt, unattractive, alone, inferior etc. AT LEAST, i got the impression that they understood the enormity of the problem.

While for women it was always cheesy, stupid naive advices for first world problems like "Living free from drama", "self-esteem to get over the assholes" "You go guurl", the titles often appeared as something destined for everybody, for profound deep existential problems, but the content always seemed destined to someone who had no problem in his life but some little tiny detail that is blown waaaaay out of proportion. It shows how women have no problem in life compared to us. The content was so stupid i promised myself to never read an advice book written by women.