Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious Whatsup americans come here to learn a basic thing please

I know that Brazilians speak Portuguese but why do Spain and Portugal even have different languages? Portugal shouldn’t even be a country tbh.

no one talks about brazil in america so it would make sense they would think they speak spanish. i only learned recently they don't.

All those disconnects from Brazilians in MSN Backgammon...

It’s remember meeting a South Brazilian on holiday, my auntie was asking if she spoke Spanish and the Brazilian didn’t seem upset

A day later a Brazilian guy (this is not in Brazil btw) asks me if I can speak Arabic JFL

I know that Brazilians speak Portuguese but why do Spain and Portugal even have different languages? Portugal shouldn’t even be a country tbh.
It happened in the 1000s (if I'm not mistaken) when a king gave that territory (Portugal) to his daughter.

Eventually the languages got different enough to be considered different languages. But there are a lot of dialects as well, for example Galician which is basically a in-between of Spanish and Portuguese.
no one talks about brazil in america
Cope, we are the most relevant American country after the US :feels::feels::feels::feels:

disappointing that some people are stupid enough to not know that Brazilians speak Portuguese
Most of us Americans don’t even know that much about the countries that border us much less anything about Brazil

Yeah, i know. They speak brazilian

The English protected Portuguese independence from 1300s onwards. It's the worlds oldest alliance and it made sure Portugal didn't become part of Spain. For a short time when the Portuguese king died there was an Iberian union but it quickly got broken up

Portugal has always been a separate country, it formed before spain did, during the reconquista ( year 1128), Spain didn't form until the crowns of Aragon and castile unified (1479).

Around 1570 there was a brief period in which the entirety of Iberia was unified, but apart from that they have basically always been separate.

sopa de macaca... uma delicia

disappointing that some people are stupid enough to not know that Brazilians speak Portuguese

It is Americans we're talking about here. They're not renowned for their knowledge of any place out with the USA.

Portugal has it's own language, USA has not. USA shouldn't be a country tbhngl :feelstrash:

It happened in the 1000s (if I'm not mistaken) when a king gave that territory (Portugal) to his daughter.

Eventually the languages got different enough to be considered different languages. But there are a lot of dialects as well, for example Galician which is basically a in-between of Spanish and Portuguese.

Cope, we are the most relevant American country after the US :feels::feels::feels::feels:
that king was unbased and bluepill

that king was unbased and bluepill
Yes tbh. But like Buddha said, from bad things come the good things, and we got our dear Portuguese language.

It is insane most of them don't have basic geographical knowledge about rest of the world