Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion What's your opinion about forgiving?

Uglyme

Uglyme

Incel lives matter
★★
Let's say someone in your family betrayed you in the most awful way you can imagine for example if you find out your mom is cheating on your dad, or if your brother steals all your savings, or if your sister yells at you and calls you a fucking loser. If this person asks you for forgiveness would you do it?

Forgiveness is a phoney concept. People try to manipulate you into letting them get away with what they did. The only reason people cope with forgiveness is because they aren't able to exact revenge and get away with it.

Forgiveness allows you to not let another person live rent free in your mind tormenting you over and over again with what they did.

And though it may seem unsatisfactory to not seek revenge I believe people can also get satisfaction with the idea that they can forgive a person but never forget.

Which means you can let a wrong done to you go and forgive the person but that doesn't mean you have to associate with them ever again or trust them in the same way ever again (if for reasons of circumstance you have to continue interacting with them and dealing with them).

Maybe I can forgive once... maybe

Forgive, but never forget, however, some things, like those you listed cannot be forgiven.

maybe, I would have to be in the situation to really know. Ive never had something like that happened to me

Let's say someone in your family betrayed you in the most awful way you can imagine for example if you find out your mom is cheating on your dad, or if your brother steals all your savings, or if your sister yells at you and calls you a fucking loser. If this person asks you for forgiveness would you do it?
There is none

You're dead to me upon first sight of betrayal

My dad cheated on my mom , I forgave him because i need his money

I don't forgive.Why should I.People don't change.

It depends on the shituation.

If i NEED THEM, for whatever, then im FORCED to put up with there shit.

But, if they arr not important to me, then they get ditched. Perhaps punished. But at least avoided.

Forgiveness allows you to not let another person live rent free in your mind tormenting you over and over again with what they did.

And though it may seem unsatisfactory to not seek revenge I believe people can also get satisfaction with the idea that they can forgive a person but never forget.

Which means you can let a wrong done to you go and forgive the person but that doesn't mean you have to associate with them ever again or trust them in the same way ever again (if for reasons of circumstance you have to continue interacting with them and dealing with them).
tbhtbh

I am against it

I’m forgiving. I forgive easily. Just the way my brain works I guess.

Bro.Were gonna get warned,let's not spam :worryfeels:
Let’s be careful, man. We wanna avoid that ban hammer. This is off topic so hopefully mods will let this all slide.

Let’s be careful, man. We wanna avoid that ban hammer. This is off topic so hopefully mods will let this all slide.
Hopefully.
The ban hammer takes no prisoners

I never forgive.