Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

What's up with normies obsessed with walkable cities?

thespanishcel

thespanishcel

Overlord
★★★★★
Lately I get spammed with videos and tiktoks of normies saying that we should ban all cars or heavily tax them and cities should become 100% walkable, public transport only. Yeah that idea is very nice supposing you live and work in the city but what if you work in the outskirts with bad public transport links or some industrial area only reachable by car? What if your job is in a different town 20 minutes away but there's only one bus/train each hour that takes double time to get there?

You cannot have walkable cities without completely changing the public transport system first. But they are too dumb to understand. Or maybe they're just jealous that we have a driving license and they don't, and want everyone to be as miserable as possible. Also American lefties who went on holidays to Amsterdam and want every city to be like that ignoring all the problems. American cities were a car is a must to do normal life are bad but walkable cities also have lots of problems, it's not the utopia you believe.

there are actually some places that do it well. I don't know how different it is for Americans because I'm an Aussie but places like Melbourne are a really good walkable city but that's mainly because the city was planned around trams, around public transport to begin with. It guess it would be much harder to implement in a car focused place. Still I have to say that while walkable cities are no utopia, they are generally better places to live.

It's WEF propaganda. They don't want you owning cars, houses, or property of any kind. They want you to rent everything from their corporations so they have complete control over your life and freedom. They use these chinktok zoomers to push the message of their agendas in a palatable way.

They should make some areas with high density like condo and apartment buildings, and all sorts of shops right in the area and on public transport routes.

you think paying for auto loans to wall street and paying for gas to oil companies is freedom instead of being able to use your own two feet :lul::lul:
That slavery is not always permanent. You could just save up money and buy it in full. Besides, the idea is dependency on the system, not necessarily the profits from the interest on loans.

this problem only exists because american suburbs were designed for people to commute to cities by car... before WW2 suburbs were designed so people would commute by streetcars. thats why you need to change the way you plan cities so you can use other transportation methods instead
Eh in Spain industrial areas have virtually zero transport links except maybe a train or bus stop that is 30 minutes away (walking) from that area.

"Its not permanent bro, just save up money for our loans" jfl gtfo out of here corporation simp :lul::lul::lul::lul:
Owning your own shit is simping for corps? JFL :feelstastyman:

paying for gas and getting fucked over by oil cartels is permanent
You've moved the goalpost. You're going to get fucked every which way whenever there are consumables in question. Need to eat? By your rationale, food companies are cucking you.

Unless you're able to live off of your own land that you don't have to pay property tax on and the govt can't seize, then you're always going to be cucked in some way or another.

What if your job is in a different town 20 minutes away but there's only one bus/train each hour that takes double time to get there?
At least over here public transport is the only viable option if you want to move from point A to point B in a city fast. Car congestion is gigantic because of a few choke points in the city. Public transport even have their own reserved lanes everywhere to go faster and buses are super frequent - like 5 minutes apart - but people still insist on using cars.
I guess if you're going shopping then a car is your only option tbh, nobody wants to haul bags around in a bus.

"Freedom" according to you:
  1. Having to take out thousands of dollars in loans from a bank which you wont be able to afford if you're a NEETcel.
  2. Having to purchase an automobile.
  3. Having to pay for gas and being fucked over financially when oil prices are unstable.
  4. Having to pay taxes for highways.
  5. Having to pay for maintaining and repairing said automobile.
"Simping for corporations" according to you:
  1. Walking with your own two feet where you need to go
Don't be a retard (may be tough for femdom cucks). I didn't say you have to take out any loans. In fact I distinctly mentioned that you could save up the money and not be the slave of creditors.

Also, good luck getting around a city by walking all of the time. JFL @ that low IQ idea. You will absolutely be dependent on taxiing to save time out of your day, because waking long distances will eat up 1/3 of your day that could take 1/16th.

Years of brainwashing and propaganda by left/green parties

I live in Spain and here the cities are already very walkable but I still think getting rid of cars would be a huge mistake. Public transport is too unreliable.

self driving cars gonna replace public transport.

believe me.

You're forcing me to spend thousands of dollars on something I don't want either way jfl. You can buy a car but dont make me do it as well.
Who the fuck said anyone is forcing you to do anything? JFL. Shitskin IQ moment.

You can, lol. It's called a mixed-use zone. There's a reason college students can go to every place they need by walking around on campus.

You can't walk in a city of course because cities (with the exception of a few places) were re-designed for people to move around via automobile.
It works in a very niche type of development. You can't have the type of mixed-use zones with large enough populations where all of your needs are within walking distance, without having areas of highly dense corporate presences.

This all glosses over the fact I've been trying to highlight: you'll be owning nothing in these "mixed-use" zones anyway. You won't own the buildings and houses you live in, and you won't own the vehicles you use to get around (if you need them to get around).

It's WEF propaganda. They don't want you owning cars, houses, or property of any kind. They want you to rent everything from their corporations so they have complete control over your life and freedom. They use these chinktok zoomers to push the message of their agendas in a palatable way.
Based and straight to the point.

I live in Spain and here the cities are already very walkable but I still think getting rid of cars would be a huge mistake. Public transport is too unreliable.
Do Spanish cities have suburbs and highways going though the center like American cities?

Do Spanish cities have suburbs and highways going though the center like American cities?
Not really, it's just that in small towns public transport is too unreliable to completely remove cars. But in big cities you can get to pretty much anywhere by bus or metro.

Not really, it's just that in small towns public transport is too unreliable to completely remove cars. But in big cities you can get to pretty much anywhere by bus or metro.
In Poland if you live in a rural area there is a bus like a few times a day.

Lately I get spammed with videos and tiktoks of normies saying that we should ban all cars or heavily tax them and cities should become 100% walkable, public transport only. Yeah that idea is very nice supposing you live and work in the city but what if you work in the outskirts with bad public transport links or some industrial area only reachable by car? What if your job is in a different town 20 minutes away but there's only one bus/train each hour that takes double time to get there?

You cannot have walkable cities without completely changing the public transport system first. But they are too dumb to understand. Or maybe they're just jealous that we have a driving license and they don't, and want everyone to be as miserable as possible. Also American lefties who went on holidays to Amsterdam and want every city to be like that ignoring all the problems. American cities were a car is a must to do normal life are bad but walkable cities also have lots of problems, it's not the utopia you believe.
NPC soy leftists do not have an ounce of critical thinking in their brains. If Media told them to make love to their own mother tomorrow they would do so happily and even criticise people for not following them.

Every country and every city is vastly different from each other. Amsterdam is a small city in an even smaller country with a very small populace. These cucks should try using public transport they love so much in Curryland or China. Mothafuckers are gonna be begging for cars.

If you build car dependent cities and suburbs then you're basically forcing people to own a car??????
Again, you're not forcing anything. You're making things difficult, but not forcing anyone. All of these cities have basic public transportation built for them.

You said it yourself. Under existing urban planning its extremely difficult to walk around.
No, I didn't. I said it's extremely difficult to walk around the entire city in a reasonable amount of time that doesn't consume the majority of your day, because, you know, bipedal locomotion is much slower compared to automotive locomotion. JFL

"Niche type of development" it was the style of development for all of human history except post-WW2.
It is niche when you demand the amenities of the modern consumer world cramped into your comfortable walking radius.

Mixed use zones LEAD to dense corporate presences, it's not a prerequisite for them. Businesses are spread out over a wide area of low density because that's how suburbs were deliberately planned. They made strip malls surrounding by gigantic parking lots (enforced by regulations) and separated them from residential areas.
Which is my point. Your style of city will necessitate the need for that kind of corporate infrastructure that will inevitably shoehorn itself in. You will need a Whole Foods, Starbucks, McDonalds, barber shop, clothing store, electronics store, nightlife and entertainment district, parks, and family centers all within, what, a 30 minute maximum walking radius?

I don't care?? Why are you forcing people to buy things they don't want and then accusing them of simping for corporations if they refuse to? I have to pay utilities for water and internet and so on. I'm not crying about it and demanding self-sufficiency jfl.
iu

The whole point that your dumbass can't seem to grasp is that these technocrats are pushing you away from the option of self-sufficiency and promoting dependency on their corporations. They'd rather you didn't have the option to buy your own home and vehicle and be forever sucking on their teats, paying rent for life and having basically no capital to save for anything you could call your own. Options are a good thing. Options are freedom. Limiting your options is directly restricting your freedoms.

In short, they want you as their lifetime consumerist slave, and you're happily ready to suck their fat cocks.

(((They))) merely needed to plant the seeds in the zoomers' heads. Those retarded zoomers will happily cultivate the seeds themselves.